Windows 10: Another Windows Automatic Repair Loop Issue

Discus and support Another Windows Automatic Repair Loop Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Better to say it at start: it all finished with fresh Windows 10 install, but I would like to hear opinion or two, since this adventure was quite a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AndreTen, Mar 8, 2017.

1. AndreTen Win User

Another Windows Automatic Repair Loop Issue

Better to say it at start: it all finished with fresh Windows 10 install, but I would like to hear opinion or two, since this adventure was quite a surprise to me.

Couple of days ago, friend called me and stated, that his PC won't boot into Windows (was 8.1 at the time, I know this is 10 forums, but it was solved with 10 boot USB drive).
    I spent one hour with his PC (instead of having lunch) and to my surprise, no solution worked:
    - all troubleshooting options (reapir boot, Refresh, Windows Reset, System restore...) ended with fail and option to restart.
    - managed to get into command prompt (both safe mode and with Win USB) but diskpart didn't recognize any partitions at all (I was on drive C: checking files *Shock
    - bcdedit found no Windows installation - tried every option possible, but couldn't transfer or set any boot files ..

Finally started with Macrium (my Win 10 version) USB drive and made image of disk in question on portable drive, verified that all the files are really there and readable and did a fresh Windows 10 installation.

That decision was made after my spare time was gone and friend finished installation. I instructed him later to install Macrium, mount image and restore files that he needs.

Checked Google later and was surprised, how many of those problems are out there. Most of them are solvable, but this one resisted all of solutions that I later found. Didn't tried only one - copying registry from registry backup.., but at that stage I was going for 100 % solution, as there was no time. Also asked myself, if I would run a system that behaves like that.

Also asked friend what was he doing... only thing he remembers (PC was running at least three to four days without restart) that he uninstalled some ISO maker and then restart...

So, did I missed anything important? Outcome is happy user (Macrium installed and system backup made...) with all of his files there, but upgrade wasn't planned and some time was spent...

:)

AndreTen, Mar 8, 2017
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 is stuck in Automatic Repair loop

Hi Robert,

Automatic Repair loop is a feature designed to help you fix some PC issues in Windows. It might fail to work sometimes and stuck in a startup repair loop in Windows 10.

The two most common cases of the Windows Automatic Repair loop issue are:

1. Windows Automatic Repair stuck on a black screen with "Preparing Automatic Repair" error message.

2. Windows Automatic Repair failed and said, "Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC".

We suggest that you try the solutions provided by community experts on this
    link
    and let us know how it goes.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Mar 8, 2017
  3. A.H.A.H Win User
    windows 10 startup loop after restart

hello.

I own a Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11S with windows 10. I had issues booting up and I reached the "Automatic Repair" and there I have tried almost every option and failed to fix the issue, as a last resort I've chosen to reset my pc using the "Automatic Repair" tool.

after the reset was finished it booted up and immediately entered another boot loop with only the startup screen showing "Lenovo" and under the loading symbol, it said "please wait" before immediately restarting. (the period time of the loop is about 3-5
    seconds)

any idea what may be the cause of the issue and how to fix it?

Thanks,

A.H.

A.H.A.H, Mar 8, 2017
Thema:

Another Windows Automatic Repair Loop Issue

1. Another Windows Automatic Repair Loop Issue - Similar Threads - Another Automatic Repair

2. Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Repair Loop: When I turn my laptop on it says "Preparing Automatic Repair" and goes black. Then it turns off. I've looked for some solutions but none match my problem. Thank you : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-repair-loop/83cc9400-b3a9-4b51-a99c-f0510ad80dff
  3. Automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic repair loop: I upgraded the ram and the hard drive on my HP15 notebook, which is running the latest Windows 10 version. When I used the media creation tool to reinstall the os it got stuck in the automatic repair loop. I have tried everything I could find online to fix it but nothing...
  4. Automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic repair loop: I upgraded the ram and the hard drive on my HP15 notebook, which is running the latest Windows 10 version. When I used the media creation tool to reinstall the os it got stuck in the automatic repair loop. I have tried everything I could find online to fix it but nothing...
  5. Automatic repair loop

Automatic repair loop: Every time i open my laptop it automatically show preapiring automatic repair.. diagnosis your pc.And when u llok my c drive directory it shows just 1 file and when i look system image recovery windows c is free.....i dont have admin...pla help me asap my classes starting...
  6. Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Loop: Hi, I'm currently experiencing this automatic repair loop, I already tried restarting and watched videos of how to fix it but none of them works, I stumbled upon a video where you use command prompt but in my case, I couldn't use it because it needs me to sigj in, I forgot to...
  7. Automatic Repair Loop

Automatic Repair Loop: One day, when i went to turn on my laptop, it went into an automatic repair. I tried every type os solution i could find on google but nothing works. It either says it can not perform this action, or says it encountered some problems, “now restarting”, but it does not...
  8. (Yet another) Automatic repair boot loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Yet another) Automatic repair boot loop: I've been working to find solutions all day. Restarting doesnt work. I cant system restore because I didnt know it existed as a concept, and thus dont have any saved. (Though that will change after this) I cant bring up safe mode (it just reenters me into the cycle) , but...
  9. Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Loop: Can someone please help me. My laptop is stuck in automatic repair loop. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Windows 10. It was working alright this morning until I turn it off then tryed to turn it back on. It was really slow starting up and when it did a message come up...
  10. Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic Repair Loop: Have an existing W-10 Home on a Dell 660 Desktop. It keeps starting with the Automatic Repair that goes to the "Diagnosing your PC" to the "Pc did not start correctly". Going to "Advanced" and "Troubleshooting" I first tried to "Reset". Went thru the motions then "Could not...