Windows 10: Answer File migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Discus and support Answer File migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good Day, Hoping someone can shed some light. We are moving towards a Windows 10 Enterprise upgrade in the near future, and planning on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dwsavenko, Jan 12, 2016.

1. dwsavenko Win User

Answer File migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Good Day,

Hoping someone can shed some light.

We are moving towards a Windows 10 Enterprise upgrade in the near future, and planning on deployment steps.

We currently have a highly customized Windows 7 Answer file created, which took much time to work out all the little deployment kinks.

Can the Windows 7 answer file be migrated directly for use with Windows 10 deployments? Or will we have to create a new answer file. I am not sure if the parameters and or script language are incompatible.. I am guessing they are, and as such - we will probably have to do a side by side comparison to get things right.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Answer File migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10 :)

:)

dwsavenko, Jan 12, 2016
  2. Patch35 Win User

Sync Photos

My new laptop is running WINDOWS 10. All my data was migrated from my WINDOWS 7 desktop.

Now I have pictures on Windows 10 under PHOTOS and the files that were migrated from Windows 7 under PICTURES.

How can I merge both so they are all in one place (I prefer Window 7 under PICTURES).

Patch35, Jan 12, 2016
  3. How to install Windows 7 on a computer that came with Windows 10 without loosing data?

I'm not happy with Windows 10 and want to migrate all my files and programs to 7 on a machine that came with 10 originally.

Original title: Windows 10 migrate to 7

Frank Kolwicz, Jan 12, 2016
Thema:

Answer File migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10

1. Answer File migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Answer File migration

2. Data file migration from Windows 7 to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data file migration from Windows 7 to Windows 11: I am in the process of transferring data files from a Win7 PC to a Win11 PC. The WIN 11 files are located on the "D" drive.Did I make a mistake in placing them there?I doesn't seem as if they are found when I click on the the icon for Pictures. Did I make a mistake in...
  3. Data file migration from Windows 7 to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data file migration from Windows 7 to Windows 11: I am in the process of transferring data files from a Win7 PC to a Win11 PC. The WIN 11 files are located on the "D" drive.Did I make a mistake in placing them there?I doesn't seem as if they are found when I click on the the icon for Pictures. Did I make a mistake in...
  4. Impossible to migrate from windows 7 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Impossible to migrate from windows 7 to windows 10: Hello, i've tried many times to migrate but uncucessfull... I need your help please ! see my errors log : Fault bucket 662167277, type 377156863 Event Name: WinSetupDiag02 Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: 1 P2: 2 P3: 9 P4: 1 P5:...
  5. Migration windows 7 towards Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migration windows 7 towards Windows 10: In order to migrate W7 to W10 I start the media creation tool but it stops with an error "cannot run this program on this pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migration-windows-7-towards-windows-10/9b4f4310-3fd7-4aae-a39b-aa073db7601e
  6. Migrate the data in Sticky Notes from Windows 7 to Windows 10?

Migrate the data in Sticky Notes from Windows 7 to Windows 10?: My old computer with Windows 7 was damaged, and I tried to recoover the files from the hard drive luckily it works and moved to a new compuetr with Woindows 10. I encountered a problem to recover my data in Sticky Notes, but guessed it is StickyNotes.snt. However I could not...
  7. Migrating program from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Migrating program from Windows 7 to Windows 10: In the many years I used Windows 7, I ran a freeware program Talking Alarm Clock byCinnamon Software. It is a valuable little program which I have tried unsuccessfully to install in my new Windows 10 PC. To begin with, trying to download it fromcinnamon.com is impossible,...
  8. Windows 7 to Windows 10 Migration Tools

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 7 to Windows 10 Migration Tools: [ATTACH]Whenever Microsoft ends support to an OS, it pushes consumers and enterprises to migrate to the latest version of Windows. The same has happened to […] This article Windows 7 to Windows 10 Migration Tools first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Windows 7 to Windows 10 Migration

Windows 7 to Windows 10 Migration: I recently purchased a windows 10 key & downloaded the ISO file to perform a migration I performed an in-place migration & the unit picked up the digital key from windows 7 Home premium on the unit & indicated Windows 10 was digitally activated. Question is - is this a...
  10. Cannot migrate from 7 to 10 !!!!!!!!!!!

Cannot migrate from 7 to 10 !!!!!!!!!!!: After much fuss, I have windows 10 working successfully on my laptop. Being so pleased with W10, I decided to install/upgrade to W10 on my main Desktop PC. Easy? - NO !!!!!!!!!!!! However I try to install, I meet failure messages. Tried the upgrade from windows method -...