Windows 10: Answers file doesn't seem to trigger a complete silent install

Discus and support Answers file doesn't seem to trigger a complete silent install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, 1. I have created a Windows 10 Image in audit mode by press CTRL SHIFT F3 2. I then done a few group policy options and ran sysprep.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by redgunner, May 18, 2017.

1. redgunner Win User

Answers file doesn't seem to trigger a complete silent install

Hello,

1. I have created a Windows 10 Image in audit mode by press CTRL SHIFT F3

2. I then done a few group policy options and ran sysprep.exe /generalize /oobe /shutdown /unattend:C\windows\system32\sysprep\customize.xml

3. Loaded Windows PE and ran imagex /capture D:\ F:\captured.wim “Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit” /check

4. I opened the ISO for Windows 10 Enterprise x64 and browsed to sources, then deleted the install.wim

5. Copied my capture.wim to this iso and renamed to install.wim

6. Loaded the ISO and it still doesn't recognise my answers file, it appears to be asking me for a language / keyboard

:)

redgunner, May 18, 2017

2. E71 Answering Call delay

Well, new firmware version (v400) didn't resolve the issue with calling answer delay Answers file doesn't seem to trigger a complete silent install :( It seems that Nokia doesn't pay attention to our screams at all.

Also, I noticed that there isn't any delay if I turn on "silent profile"!

Did anybody else find the solution or notice simillar behaviour with the silent profile?

Kurta---01, May 18, 2017
  3. satsuka Win User
    nokia e51 photo shutter sound

I have the same problem. I have had several Nokias here in the United Arab Emirates, and all of them could disable this sound. It seems the E51 simply doesn't have the function to disable it. Switching off warning tones does not work. Using silent mode
    doesn't work either. I have not been able to find an answer to this.

satsuka, May 18, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Windows installation is clearly divided in two phases, Windows Setup phase and when it's done the OOBE (Windows Welcome). On a standard installation region and keyboard layout will be asked twice, separately for Setup and OOBE.

Region selection in Setup phase, beginning of installation:

Answers file doesn't seem to trigger a complete silent install [​IMG]

Region selection in OOBE (Windows Welcome) phase, beginning of initial user setup:

Answers file doesn't seem to trigger a complete silent install [​IMG]

Both Setup and OOBE can and must be automated separately for an unattended install. Apparently you have only made an answer file to be used with Sysprep which only affects OOBE and can only make the it unattended by automating user input in OOBE / Windows Welcome (region, keyboard, privacy settings, user accounts).

A sample unattended answer file to be used with Sysprep to do the above (for x64 Windows 10 EN-GB, region = United Kingdom, default keyboard layout = Finnish):

Code: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> <settings pass="oobeSystem"> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <InputLocale>040b:0000040b</InputLocale> <SystemLocale>en-GB</SystemLocale> <UILanguage>en-GB</UILanguage> <UILanguageFallback>en-GB</UILanguageFallback> <UserLocale>en-GB</UserLocale> </component> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <OOBE> <HideEULAPage>true</HideEULAPage> <HideOEMRegistrationScreen>true</HideOEMRegistrationScreen> <HideOnlineAccountScreens>true</HideOnlineAccountScreens> <ProtectYourPC>3</ProtectYourPC> <UnattendEnableRetailDemo>false</UnattendEnableRetailDemo> </OOBE> <UserAccounts> <LocalAccounts> <LocalAccount wcm:action="add"> <Description>Main local admin account</Description> <DisplayName>Admin</DisplayName> <Group>Administrators</Group> <Name>Admin</Name> </LocalAccount> <LocalAccount wcm:action="add"> <Description>My daily standard account </Description> <DisplayName></DisplayName> <Group>Users</Group> <Name></Name> </LocalAccount> <LocalAccount wcm:action="add"> <Password> <Value>UwBvAG0AZQBQAGEAcwBzAHcAbwByAGQAMQAyADMAUABhAHMAcwB3AG8AcgBkAA==</Value> <PlainText>false</PlainText> </Password> <Description>A guest account</Description> <DisplayName>Visitor in Casa </DisplayName> <Group>Guests</Group> <Name>House Guest</Name> </LocalAccount> </LocalAccounts> </UserAccounts> <TimeZone>W. Europe Standard Time</TimeZone> <RegisteredOwner></RegisteredOwner> <RegisteredOrganization>ACME Computers</RegisteredOrganization> </component> </settings> <settings pass="specialize"> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <OEMInformation> <Logo>C:\Windows\System32\oemlogo.bmp</Logo> <Manufacturer>ACME Computers</Manufacturer> <SupportHours>24/7</SupportHours> <SupportPhone>+44 123 456 789</SupportPhone> <SupportURL>Web Server's Default Page</SupportURL> </OEMInformation> <CopyProfile>true</CopyProfile> <OEMName>ACME Computers</OEMName> <RegisteredOrganization>ACME</RegisteredOrganization> <RegisteredOwner></RegisteredOwner> <TimeZone>W. Europe Standard Time</TimeZone> </component> </settings> </unattend>[/quote]
    To make setup phase unattended use another answer file. name it as autounattend.xml and place it on the root of the install media. This answer file automates user input in setup phase (region, EULA, product key, partitioning, installation).

Sample autounattend.xml file for Windows 10 PRO x64 setup on an UEFI based machine with a GPT disk (for x64 Windows 10 EN-GB, region = United Kingdom, default keyboard layout = Finnish):

Code: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> <settings pass="windowsPE"> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <SetupUILanguage> <UILanguage>en-GB</UILanguage> </SetupUILanguage> <InputLocale>040b:0000040b</InputLocale> <UILanguage>en-GB</UILanguage> <UILanguageFallback>en-GB</UILanguageFallback> <UserLocale>en-GB</UserLocale> <SystemLocale>en-GB</SystemLocale> </component> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <DiskConfiguration> <Disk wcm:action="add"> <CreatePartitions> <CreatePartition wcm:action="add"> <Order>1</Order> <Size>450</Size> <Type>Primary</Type> </CreatePartition> <CreatePartition wcm:action="add"> <Order>2</Order> <Size>100</Size> <Type>EFI</Type> </CreatePartition> <CreatePartition wcm:action="add"> <Order>3</Order> <Size>16</Size> <Type>MSR</Type> </CreatePartition> <CreatePartition wcm:action="add"> <Extend>true</Extend> <Order>4</Order> <Type>Primary</Type> </CreatePartition> </CreatePartitions> <ModifyPartitions> <ModifyPartition wcm:action="add"> <TypeID>DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC</TypeID> <Order>1</Order> <PartitionID>1</PartitionID> <Format>NTFS</Format> <Label>WinRE</Label> </ModifyPartition> <ModifyPartition wcm:action="add"> <Order>2</Order> <PartitionID>2</PartitionID> <Label>System</Label> <Format>FAT32</Format> </ModifyPartition> <ModifyPartition wcm:action="add"> <Order>3</Order> <PartitionID>3</PartitionID> </ModifyPartition> <ModifyPartition wcm:action="add"> <Order>4</Order> <PartitionID>4</PartitionID> <Letter>C</Letter> <Label>Windows</Label> <Format>NTFS</Format> </ModifyPartition> </ModifyPartitions> <WillWipeDisk>true</WillWipeDisk> <DiskID>0</DiskID> </Disk> </DiskConfiguration> <UserData> <AcceptEula>true</AcceptEula> <Organization>ACME Computers</Organization> <ProductKey> <Key>VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T</Key> </ProductKey> </UserData> <ImageInstall> <OSImage> <InstallTo> <DiskID>0</DiskID> <PartitionID>4</PartitionID> </InstallTo> </OSImage> </ImageInstall> </component> </settings> </unattend>[/quote]
    Both above answer files can be used alone without the other (unattended Setup + attended OOBE or attended Setup + unattended OOBE). For a complete unattended (silent) install you need to use both.

Thema:

1. Answers file doesn't seem to trigger a complete silent install - Similar Threads - Answers file doesn't

2. File history doesn't seem to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File history doesn't seem to work: I have file history running and it says it has backed up but when I look at the files on my external hard drive, they all show as last modified about three months ago....
  3. File history doesn't seem to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File history doesn't seem to work: I have file history running and it says it has backed up but when I look at the files on my external hard drive, they all show as last modified about three months ago....
  4. Complaint - No where seems to answer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Complaint - No where seems to answer: Updated my pc; it locked me out having to set up a new pin. Long story short, I had to reinstlall my whole machine after numerous international calls after I asked for the UK numbers... More complete picture below. Basically I want to make a formal complaint, but there...
  5. BSOD triggered silently with No Title

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD triggered silently with No Title: Hello, I am currently stumped by recent BSOD events, which did not trigger any of BSODs onto the screen, but they were logged into Minidump folder in System32 folder. The common about them is that they were all logging the faults coming from DirectX Graphics MMS, NT Kernel &...
  6. About taskbar icons, except there doesn't seem to be an easy answer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    About taskbar icons, except there doesn't seem to be an easy answer.: So my discord client. I have changed the icon, both on the desktop and on the taskbar. But whenever discord is open, the icon goes back to normal with the text displayed next to it. I know this is a windows thing and that's why I have come here about this issue. This...
  7. MY RIGHT HEADPHONE IS COMPLETELY SILENT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MY RIGHT HEADPHONE IS COMPLETELY SILENT: i've already tried balence and uninstalling drivers but nothing please help submitted by /u/guywholikesterraria [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f8cye3/my_right_headphone_is_completely_silent/
  8. Is there a way to make Cortana completely silent?

in Cortana
    Is there a way to make Cortana completely silent?: I don't wish to hear her annoying voice, I want to get answers ONLY in written form. I searched the whole Internet and found no answer. Please don't tell me I'm the only person on this planet who wants to have that option available. There must be a way, through registry...
  9. File encryption doesn't seem to be working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File encryption doesn't seem to be working: I have Windows 10 Pro. I am trying to encrypt a file. I select the file, go to Properties, go to Advanced. Encrypt contents to secure data is available, and I check that box. I hit OK, then Apply. I'm prompted to encrypt the parent folder, and I select Yes. Then nothing...
  10. HKLM Run key doesn't seem to be triggering on W10 - but works on W7

in Windows 10 Support
    HKLM Run key doesn't seem to be triggering on W10 - but works on W7: Hello folks. I could use a sanity check on this one. I've got an AutoIt EXE that I've built to accomplish a couple of simple tasks, and I need this to run when a user logs into the machine. So I've got the EXE tucked away at "C:\Windows\Temp\EXEname.exe" I've got a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sysprep was not able to validate your windows installation windows 10 13134