Windows 10: Anti-malware question

Discus and support Anti-malware question in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Does anybody know if there is a better anti-malware than Windows Defender ? 30450 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HappyGilmore, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Anti-malware question

Does anybody know if there is a better anti-malware than Windows Defender ?

:)

HappyGilmore, Nov 17, 2015

2. Malwarebytes

I'm not understanding your question.

Are you talking about Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

That's a scanner to find malware.

How to use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to scan and remove malware from your computer

How to run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0

User Guides

Supplementing your Anti-Virus Program with Anti-Malware Tools

When you run into problems with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware while launching games, you might want to ask Malwarebytes support and/or in their forum.

Welcome | Official Malwarebytes Support

Malwarebytes Forums

Jsssssssss, Nov 17, 2015
  3. Anti Malware

Hi Denney D.

Windows phone do not need any anti malware. As its protected from every where. Android is open system that's why they get viruses on their phone. windows phone is protected.

Don't worry. Just enjoy Windows OS.

MCCshreyas, Nov 17, 2015
  4. Anti-malware question

TairikuOkami, Nov 17, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    Malwarebytes is pretty near the top in terms of quality.

swarfega, Nov 17, 2015
  6. Borg 386 Win User
    Good suggestion with Malwarebytes, just be aware that Malwarebytes is an on demand scanner unless you pony up for the Pro version. It does, however, play well with most AV's, even the Pro version, which features active background among other features.

Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware & Internet Security Software

There is a post on 7 forums where you can gather some info on the latest AV's as well as their pros/cons. People frequently add comments on the newer versions of AV's.

What's the Best Anti-virus? - Windows 7 Help Forums

Borg 386, Nov 17, 2015
  7. gpstoloff Win User
    Remember, Defender is an anti-virus program (checks for signature code matches); Malwarebytes is an anti-malware program (checks for malicious activity).

The two work very well in tandem, especially if you get the paid version of Malwarebytes for its real-time scanner..

gpstoloff, Nov 17, 2015
  8. swarfega Win User

Anti-malware question

It's good practice to have a multi-layered approach. You could have your main Anti-Virus program, a malware program and a spyware program. Apart from the AV program the others don't necessarily need to be resident in memory. You can run them say once a week.

I personally run Avast in resident, run mbm and SAS regularly.

swarfega, Nov 17, 2015
  9. Agree.
    You might wish to consider another layer instead of (or in addition to) the "antispyware" layer -- anti-exploit.
    Much malware these days is delivered via exploits.
    Anti-exploit applications protect against the "how" of malware by shielding vulnerable, internet-facing applications, such as browsers and other programs.
    (MBAM and other anti-malware applications and your AV protect against the "what" of malware.)
    Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit is one example.
    There are Free and Premium versions.

Respectfully disagree re: MBAM.

MBAM Premium is specifically designed to run in real-time alongside your AV to provide layered, complementary protection against zero-hour and zero-day threats often missed by AVs.
    It's always better to PREVENT infection, if possible.
    MBAM Free -- like SAS Free -- is just a manual, on-demand scanner to help REMOVE infections that have already made it past your AV onto the system.
    Side-by-side comparison of MBAM Free and Premium is HERE.
    The cost works out to pennies a day per computer (or less).
    IMHO it's cheaper than the time/effort/cost of trying to recover from a malware infection, data breach or other catastrophe.
    If your system specs are sufficient to run Win10, they ought to be just fine for MBAM Premium + the AV of your choice, along with other applications and counter-measures.

>Having said that, no one security program or combination can protect 100% of users 100% of the time against 100% of malware. The most important security component is the one between the chair and keyboard.*Wink

Cheers,

MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Anti-malware question

1. Anti-malware question - Similar Threads - Anti malware question

2. Anti malware service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anti malware service: Anti malware services run every time I connect internet to my pc and consume all the available cpu. Should I keep them running? Or how to close them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-malware-service/21c4996e-14fa-4db7-a476-aeee99527de9
  3. Anti malware

Anti malware: I have Windows 10. I think my computer is infected with malware. I ran malwarebytes and it did not show anything. When i scanned using windows defender, it showed potentially unwanted app PUA...piriform bundler. I have no idea what it is. I tried "Actions" to remove, but...
  4. Anti malware confusion

Anti malware confusion: I have a Hewlett Packard notebook running Windows 8.1 from 2015 and don't have any of the installation media. I want to keep using this for the time being. Upgrading to Windows 10 is proving sufficiently complex considerations for bootable system restore device, update...
  5. anti virus malware

anti virus malware: what is the best anti virus malware product to use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus-malware/071e19f9-9d23-4806-8462-06b6fc936657"
  6. Anti-malware

Anti-malware: My computer has been acting real buggy. Lagging a lot. Windows Defender doesn't find anything. Is there a better anti-malware I can use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-malware/76a2edee-f716-424e-ad5f-9873a1c0ffa8"
  7. anti virus and malware protection

anti virus and malware protection: Windows Security is now recognised now as being more than adequate for protection from viruses malware ransomeware ect. Will this eventually negate the need for third party software and what will happen to the likes of Bitdefender Kaspersky McAfee etc. Will people still...
  8. Anti virus and malware protection

Anti virus and malware protection: Is the Windows Defender very effective protection against any harms that may be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/anti-virus-and-malware-protection/6a679aa5-3f2b-4172-84f6-b812aa914cfb
  9. Anti-virus and Anti-malware??

Anti-virus and Anti-malware??: 1. Do I need a particular anti-malware software , in addition to Anti-virus? 2. Is the paid version of Avast good and sufficient enough to reduce risks? 3. Is "malware" a collective term that includes ransomware, adware, spyware ...... or are they all different things...
  10. anti malware scanner

anti malware scanner: Hi I have tried Trend Micro, Emisoft and a couple of other stand alone scanners to check my a/v program - Defender. Each has been detrimental. One left "bin" a folder that only Unlocker could remove. Another I had to use Revo to uninstall. Is there a reliable one that...