Windows 10: antimalware service taking up too much resources

Discus and support antimalware service taking up too much resources in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; lately i have noticed that microsofts antimalware service is taking up too much CPU and ram and makeing my laptop very hot (fans on high) and it stays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xdarkmario, May 6, 2015.

1. antimalware service taking up too much resources

lately i have noticed that microsofts antimalware service is taking up too much CPU and ram and makeing my laptop very hot (fans on high) and it stays like thata for the reminander of the usage until reboot on and off. itwas never like that before but it seems ti be doing this lately. and i have checked that windows defnder but it is not scanning so why is this doing that?

:)

xdarkmario, May 6, 2015
  2. Jsssssssss, May 6, 2015
  3. svchost process taking too much resources

Service Host is normally legitimate file and it belongs to Windows .

I suggest update your Anti-Virus software and run a full system scan with it.

Update your Windows and restart your PC.

If after the restart problem persist, report it through Feedback Hub app.

Cyber_Defend_Team, May 6, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

antimalware service taking up too much resources

I no longer use it, I am back on Avast Internet Security. It works fine.

Gary, May 6, 2015
  5. badrobot Win User
    Maybe it's time to clean up those garbage hogging your resources.

Latest CCleaner Version Released

badrobot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

antimalware service taking up too much resources

1. antimalware service taking up too much resources - Similar Threads - antimalware service taking

2. Antimalware Service Executable task takes way too much CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service Executable task takes way too much CPU: Hi,I have reinstalled a new Windows 11, and this had never happened before:Antimalware Service Executable task takes way too much CPU.How do I disable it for good?Thanks!...
  3. Antimalware Service Executable task takes way too much CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware Service Executable task takes way too much CPU: Hi,I have reinstalled a new Windows 11, and this had never happened before:Antimalware Service Executable task takes way too much CPU.How do I disable it for good?Thanks!...
  4. Antimalware Service eating up resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service eating up resources: So, I've just sorted out an issue with updates that was bugging me for 3 weeks:Quality Update 21H1 fails with error 0x800f0905 and starts over every - Microsoft CommunityJust about got my machine to a stage where it had started behaving itself and allowing me to work. Today...
  5. Antimalware Service eating up resources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware Service eating up resources: So, I've just sorted out an issue with updates that was bugging me for 3 weeks:Quality Update 21H1 fails with error 0x800f0905 and starts over every - Microsoft CommunityJust about got my machine to a stage where it had started behaving itself and allowing me to work. Today...
  6. Antimalware Service eating up resources

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Antimalware Service Executable is taking too much memory.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware Service Executable is taking too much memory.: Antimalware Service Executable is taking too much memory and my laptop is lagging. I am facing this problem from last 10 days. Please help. My laptop is asus x507UA i5 quad core processor 8 gb ram....
  8. Antimalware Service Executable using up too much RAM Memory.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Antimalware Service Executable using up too much RAM Memory.: I have 8Gb of ram in my laptop and for the past few days, Antimalware Service Executable has been using more than 500mbs of RAM. Please help me out and let me know what to do....
  9. Antimalware Service Executable using too many resources.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable using too many resources.: As the subject states, Antimalware Service Executable constantly uses between 8 and 11gb of my RAM, high amounts of CPU and disk power. It does this every single day, and despite being told and trying in many ways to disable real-time protection, it keeps reactivating itself....
  10. antimalware service executable process uses up too much memory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    antimalware service executable process uses up too much memory: ive tried so many things from video tutorials on youtube but this thing wont go away, it keeps around 40% of my memory and whenever i open anything else i just lag like hell i wanna get rid of it somehow cause im extremely done, i recently upgraded to windows 10 thinkin itd...