Windows 10: Antivirus program for Virtual Machine

Discus and support Antivirus program for Virtual Machine in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Any! The main thing is to have good protection in the parent OS. Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dimakor83, Apr 5, 2018.

1. dimakor83 Win User

Antivirus program for Virtual Machine

Any! The main thing is to have good protection in the parent OS.

dimakor83, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Clint Win User

I have Windows XP Pro running on a Virtual Machine on my Windows 10 PC. There is no support for the Microsoft Security Essentals anymore. I would like input on a free antivirus program for the Virtual Machine .

Thanks

:)

Clint, Apr 6, 2018
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    insider programs on a virtual machine

If your computer lacks VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration it cannot run virtual machines.

BulldogXX, Apr 6, 2018
  4. BulldogXX Win User

insider programs on a virtual machine

Not only is it possible, it's a great idea.

That's exactly what I do. My Insider's builds of Windows 10 run in a virtual machine. The thing to remember is that as far as Windows activation is concerned, a virtual machine is just like another computer, so you are supposed to get a license for the VM.
    I wouldn't worry about, because this is not going to be your 'real' copy of Windows 10.

BulldogXX, Apr 6, 2018
  5. swarfega Win User
    Last time I used XP in VM i used Panda Free as that still supported XP.

swarfega, Apr 6, 2018
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    do you really need the XP VM to access the Internet - if you change network to HOST ONLY then all the security can be done on the HOST.

It depends of course on what the VM has to do but I find that if I need to access data obtained from the Internet on the XP machine then a SAMBA share can push it over to the XP system.

I'm still running some legacy hardware on the XP machine such as a 35 MM agfa film negative scanner, a Minidisc music system / recorder and VINYL cutting software for creating VINYL records. Once I've supplied the files to these applications they just run and any Internet access I do from the HOST.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 6, 2018
  7. Clint Win User
    Is this what you are talking about?

Antivirus program for Virtual Machine [​IMG]

Clint, Apr 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Antivirus program for Virtual Machine - Similar Threads - Antivirus program Virtual

2. Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Machine: Me want to go to Free Virtual windows thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/09a68db0-55fb-46e4-8ea2-2238cdaabe20
  3. virtual machine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virtual machine?: On windows turn features on or off, I pressed on for a feature called "virtual machine platform", what exactly does that do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/77c20bcd-b08c-4c7d-bb34-edc7de49b00b
  4. virtual machine?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    virtual machine?: On windows turn features on or off, I pressed on for a feature called "virtual machine platform", what exactly does that do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/77c20bcd-b08c-4c7d-bb34-edc7de49b00b
  5. Virtual Machine

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Virtual Machine: Hello Microsoft this is Philip and i hope you have a wonderful day.I have just purchased a app called VirtualMachine from National Software and i don know how to set it up if youd know please help me thank you.Philip...
  6. Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtual Machine: So, I'm here to ask if using Windows in a VM virtual Machine Legal? Its cause I am not getting accurate answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/c2e9e1fa-15e4-4532-9864-d114aa139b86
  7. Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Machine: I have downloaded the cloudready virtual disk image file and I am trying to run in VMWare Player. But it is saying, 'Failed to acquire a .ovf' file. Please help.... I can't understand...
  8. virtual machines

virtual machines: I have windows 10 pro as my main os and i want a copy of the same os so i can play around with the system configurations without harming my main os. How can i do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machines/8896c12f-46cf-4120-a190-fb287326fdf3
  9. Virtual Machine

Virtual Machine: I recently installed Hyper-V on my Lenovo Windows 10 machine and am trying to set up a Virtual Machine. I saw Andre Da Costa's post on Groovypost.com in regards to this. His post was dated January 11, 2019. I have not been able to access the BIOS setup screen, as pictured...
  10. virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    virtual machine: I want to build an oracle VM. I have a new PC with UEFI I am not used to. It is set to the old BIOS and secure boot is disabled. I found virtualization by searching and chose to change virtualization from disabled toe enabled. Is this what I should have done to use Oracle's...