Windows 10: Any Concerns Using a Russian Browser?

Discus and support Any Concerns Using a Russian Browser? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; With secure browsing in mind, I've been experimenting with various browsers that are advertised to offer good security in the Internet. I'm currently... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mr Ed, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Any Concerns Using a Russian Browser?

With secure browsing in mind, I've been experimenting with various browsers that are advertised to offer good security in the Internet. I'm currently trying Yandex, which is Russian designed. Knowing how adept the Russians are, do you think I should have any concerns about their software, as far as containing any sort of tracking malware. I do like the browser thus far and wouldn't mind using it as my main browser, unless any of you can think of a reason why I shouldn't. I use open wi-fi at the place where I live and have been using a portable hotspot device when doing any financial transactions. It appears that Yandex is pretty secure and safe . I think my concerns are unfounded. After all, there are other secure browsers that originate with foreign countries, such as Opera (China), as well as others.What are your thoughts?

:)

Mr Ed, Apr 8, 2017

2. Does Russian phonetic keyboard for Windows 10 exists?

Hi Aleksandr,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you concern about using Russian keyboard on Windows 10.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

1. Are you referring to using On-Screen Keyboard for entering Russian words?

2. Have you made any changes to the Computer prior to the issue?

If you are planning to use On-Screen keyboard to write Russian words in Windows 10, then it will work.

You need to download the language pack for Russian language and also input keyboard along with it in language settings.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 8, 2017
  3. Mpho2 Win User
    How to reinstall Windows Mobile 6 on my HTC Touch?

Please help out here if you got any idea. I am using Toshiba g900 and its in Russian language so, I wanted to change it to english.

Any idea concerning what I should do? I was thinking of reinstalling wm 6 replacing russian version with english but, its like its not possible to do that.

Please if you knw any program I need to install I will be more than glad to hear that.

Thanks in advance!

Mpho2, Apr 8, 2017
  4. Any Concerns Using a Russian Browser?

Basically you are saying, that Russian are too skilled. *Biggrin
    I would say, that is an advantage, especially in browser security.
    Russian Kaspersky is the best AV for personal use, integrated as well.
    It also uses Sophos webpage filter to warn about malware/phishing webapges.

Protect: keeping you safe online - Yandex.Browser

Yandex is Russian Google and Microsoft sort of likes it too.

Russia's Yandex and Microsoft team up against Google - RT Business

For the record, if you like privacy and do not like tracking, you should always use software made by "enemies". Like when you live in EU/US, prefer Russian/China software and vice versa. Agencies do not share.

TairikuOkami, Apr 8, 2017
  5. Mr Ed Win User
    . Well, I've had second thoughts. I'm done playing with different browsers. I've uninstalled Yandex and reinstalled Chrome PLUS Express VPN. I think I'll be OK with that combo. *Smile

Other browsers I've tried recently: Opera, Epic, Vivaldi, and others, whose names I've forgotten.

Mr Ed, Apr 8, 2017
  6. It cant be worst than your available options, Yandex is Russias Google, but as far as to trust any browser offerings goes, I will pick opensource clients where you can audit the code or it can be easily audited.

No matter what you pick, there is nothing 100% secure and there is nothing that cant be exploited.

positronic, Apr 10, 2017
  7. Steve C Win User
    Is there a North Korean browser? That should be brilliant following the logic of your argument.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Any Concerns Using a Russian Browser?

1. Any Concerns Using a Russian Browser? - Similar Threads - Concerns Using Russian

2. Can't download files using any browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't download files using any browser: Windows 10 Pro, OS build 19041.685 Following the most recent Windows update I am unable to download files of more than a few megabytes using any internet browser - I have tried Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. I have no third party antivirus or security software installed, I have...
  3. I cannot use any browsers due to hyperkey

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot use any browsers due to hyperkey: When i was tabbing out of a game yesterday my computer somehow locked the office hyperkey stuff on (alt win shift ctrl) and most keys start opening apps or webpages. This makes my entire computer unusable if i ever decide to or the pc itself decides to open a browser. When i...
  4. Cannot use the file explorer through any browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot use the file explorer through any browser: This has been an issue for over a month now for me. I first noticed it when I was trying to submit a file on my college website, as soon as the file explorer opened, it froze up and after a few seconds crashed. I thought it was just a Google Chrome issue at first and tried...
  5. Everything is in Russian even though I don't have any settings for Russian. I've been...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything is in Russian even though I don't have any settings for Russian. I've been...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/---Tanuki--- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eqouo5/everything_is_in_russian_even_though_i_dont_have/
  6. Can not attach/upload any file using Windows 10 to any web page using any browser

Can not attach/upload any file using Windows 10 to any web page using any browser: I can not attach any documents or files to my gmail, hotmail, outlook programs using any browser Chrome, firefox, internet explorer, I can also not upload documents to my school turn in website either unless I drag the file. When I go to browse to locate the file I wish to...
  7. Windows 10 Freezing on Using Internet on Any Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Freezing on Using Internet on Any Browser: Just updated to Windows 10 on a brand new hard drive because the old one with Windows 7 was going bad. It was compatible and everything was fine. This has been absolute hell for my business when I get on the internet on any browser the computer locks up, first the screen then...
  8. Cannot use keyboard in any browser

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot use keyboard in any browser: We just updated our windows 7 laptop with windows 10. When we open Edge or Chrome, we cannot use keyboard to type anything either in search window or address bar. Browsers are also very slow to respond or freeze. Any idea what is happening? We can type in control panel search...
  9. BSOD when using any browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using any browser: I recently bought a HP Probook and within days I started getting BSOD - I had it replaced by HP and the same model replacement is now also giving BSOD. I deliberately didn't install anything on it apart from Chrome. I'm getting BSOD all the time now when browsing - it doesn't...
  10. Can't use any other browser than Edge.

Can't use any other browser than Edge.: Hey guys! everything was fine with windows 10 since the beginning , except since last week. I cant connect to the internet with chrome or any other application using the internet ( steam, league of legends etc). I did some research but couldn't find something that worked....