Windows 10: Any DLNA player software for Windows 10? (NOT server)

Discus and support Any DLNA player software for Windows 10? (NOT server) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm looking for a working DLNA player for Windows 10 that can find my dvd recorder and play my saved programmes and play live TV like LG smart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by evildog1, Jun 7, 2016.

1. evildog1 Win User

Any DLNA player software for Windows 10? (NOT server)

Hi,

I'm looking for a working DLNA player for Windows 10 that can find my dvd recorder and play my saved programmes and play live TV like LG smart TV can. My LG smart TV have DLNA feature and it's working perfectly, but i need DLNA player for Windows if my family use my TV

Google is bad to search things i'm looking for, and NO, i'm NOT looking for DLNA server.

:)

evildog1, Jun 7, 2016
  2. Johan ER Win User

W8.1 IE11 "Play to" in W10 EDGE

You could do this in Windows 8.1 because "play to" is based on the DLNA protocol (Which most TV's, Media Players, Game consoles, etc. Supports), but in Windows 10 the "Connect menu" in the action center is based on Miracast. Unlike DLNA, which relies on
    software, Miracast is based on certified hardware. That's the reason why you don't find any devices when using "Connect" in Windows 10, you don't have any Miracast certified devices (receivers). Actually, few do. It's an awful technology and should never been
    favored over DLNA. A BIG step back compared to Windows 8.1.

Johan ER, Jun 7, 2016
  3. DLNA

Hi,

DLNA on Windows 10 can be done in 2 ways:

• There is a Cast To Device button that you can use to stream Windows 10 to a DLNA
      video player.
    • For receiving content, you will have to use the Windows Media Player
    Which of the above are you trying to do? Also, provide error code or message, if any, when the video files do not play.

Vinod Archak, Jun 7, 2016
  4. Any DLNA player software for Windows 10? (NOT server)

Windows Media Player can be used as a DLNA player.
    also VLC, but not as good as WMP.

aliskander, Jun 8, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Jun 8, 2016
  6. evildog1 Win User
    ok. WMP works but not work with VLC because it makes windows copy files instead play directly

Ok. How can i search DLNA devices on Kodi? i would like to stream live tv and watch saved videos on Android.

evildog1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Any DLNA player software for Windows 10? (NOT server)

1. Any DLNA player software for Windows 10? (NOT server) - Similar Threads - DLNA player software

2. how to delete all pictures from window media player DLNA Server folder located on network...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete all pictures from window media player DLNA Server folder located on network...: inside the window media player showing my deleted i cloud pictures and videos .i couldn't find the images source and cant delete as well.where those all file located and how to delete?Please help me to fix this....
  3. windows 10 dlna configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 dlna configuration: i configured the windows 10 dlna server but it is showing directoriesor links i don't want. ratings, recorded tv, series, your actors, video playlists and video genreshow do i change what directory dlna is showing?or remove those directories?...
  4. Windows Media Player DLNA

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player DLNA: HelloHow do I remove or disable the media player dynamic/automatic video folder structure such as video genre or video actor categories. today my structure is:-Videos -Video Genre -Video Actors -Series -Classification -Folders - Movies -Recorded tvWhat I want it to look like...
  5. Windows Media Player DLNA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player DLNA: HelloHow do I remove or disable the media player dynamic/automatic video folder structure such as video genre or video actor categories. today my structure is:-Videos -Video Genre -Video Actors -Series -Classification -Folders - Movies -Recorded tvWhat I want it to look like...
  6. Windows Media Player DLNA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Media Player DLNA show metadata

Media Player DLNA show metadata: Dear Microsoft, Can you help me, Media Player show metadata on DLNA in my network. Can i change show the file name or other title. I can rename the file on my PC (DLNA server) in Media Player application but the other device not change the name. Thank you...
  8. Windows 10 DLNA server issue

Windows 10 DLNA server issue: I am backing up my DVD's to a hard drive. I have added that hard drive as a Library location in Windows 10. I have my windows 10 computer set up as a DLNA server. Everything works, I can view my backed up videos from the media play of my Roku or other computers on my...
  9. Windows Media Player with DLNA server, trying to add to library

Windows Media Player with DLNA server, trying to add to library: I have a Win10 laptop (the kind that does a 180 screen twist) that I'd like to use to control my music collection. The collection is shared over the network with AssetUPnP, a DLNA server tailored to music streaming, and rendered with my Denon receiver. The server and renderer...
  10. DLNA servers under network locations

DLNA servers under network locations: I had a few DLNA servers (originating from the user accounts on my other desktop) showing up on my laptop under network location. At the time, I right clicked some of these and selected to remove the device. Which made them disappear from the network locations. My intention...