Windows 10: Any email servers automatically set for a certain browser ie Chrome??

Discus and support Any email servers automatically set for a certain browser ie Chrome?? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Have read through but cannot recall seeing what I want - clicking on WLM forum email links goes straight to Edge and I prefer Chrome as my browser.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ICIT2LOL, Jun 30, 2016.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Any email servers automatically set for a certain browser ie Chrome??

Have read through but cannot recall seeing what I want - clicking on WLM forum email links goes straight to Edge and I prefer Chrome as my browser.

Plus now WLM is now being taken away I shall be moving to Thunderbird even though Outlook is being offered free for a year I don't really like Outlook at all and would become a paid for service - so are any email servers automatically set for a certain browser ie Chrome??

:)

ICIT2LOL, Jun 30, 2016

2. What are proxy settings and why does my internet cut off when it can't detect them?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Proxy server is a server that acts as an intermediary for requests from clients seeking resources from other servers. A client connects to the proxy server, requesting some service, such as a file, connection, web page, or other resource available from
    a different server and the proxy server evaluates the request as a way to simplify and control its complexity

This issue might occur because of incorrect proxy settings.

Let’s check the proxy settings and modify them if they are not configured correctly.

Method 1 :

1. Type Proxy on the start menu search, click on Change Proxy settings.

2. Under Automatic Proxy setup.

3. Move the Automatically detect settings bar to ON.

4. Under Manual Proxy settings.

5. Move the Use a proxy server bar to OFF.

Method 2 :
    I suggest you use Internet Explorer and, try to set Internet Explorer as the default web browser and check if that helps.
    Make Internet Explorer your default browser:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/make-ie-default-browser#ie=ie-11

Reference :
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-why-cant-i-get-connected

Let us know if this helps.
    Keep us posted for further assistance, we are here to assist you.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 30, 2016
  3. QR14 Win User
    Nokia Lumia 925 Endless Sync with email account.

Hi

Check your inboxes/outboxes/drafts/trash - is there any email there with a large attachment, or any email at all in youroutbox that can't go out or come in?

Check on the server directly (ie gmail.com on a browser), and delete any and all emails you can possibly spare. (all of them would be best - just forward the important ones to another address).

Thema:

Any email servers automatically set for a certain browser ie Chrome??

1. Any email servers automatically set for a certain browser ie Chrome?? - Similar Threads - email servers automatically

2. Chrome is set as default browser automatically without even asking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome is set as default browser automatically without even asking: Hi,We use Microsoft Edge as our corporate browser as it has better compatibility with some web applications we use, but we let users use other browsers as Chrome.Since some time ago some users reported that when they open Chrome it is automatically as default browser. I have...
  3. Chrome is set as default browser automatically without even asking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome is set as default browser automatically without even asking: Hi,We use Microsoft Edge as our corporate browser as it has better compatibility with some web applications we use, but we let users use other browsers as Chrome.Since some time ago some users reported that when they open Chrome it is automatically as default browser. I have...
  4. IE and Chrome issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    IE and Chrome issue: Hi Team, Am unable to get sign in info Username and Password for SSO to open oracle form in Internet explorer and Chrome where the same is working in Mozilla Firefox. Brief Description: when we click on Oracle URL in IE and Chrome, we are directly getting authentication...
  5. set chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    set chrome as default browser: how to set chrome as default browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-chrome-as-default-browser/620d5e83-ab61-4586-93dc-eb5244b96387
  6. Cannot set IE as a default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot set IE as a default browser: I want to have IE as a default browser. I am trying to set it using Chrome. I do it in the following way: select Internet Options, then Programs but the Programs tab disappears after that. I uninstalled Internet Explorer and reinstalled it again but nothing has changed...
  7. email server settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    email server settings: How do I check my email server settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-server-settings/2fcc8099-ac87-4f8f-bbfd-f7029736cd76
  8. Problem with IE browser

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with IE browser: Hi There Whenever I open my IE 11 browser, it shows 2 previous tabs from earlier searches. Although I can close them down, they still appear whenever I open IE ? 69620
  9. How to Bookmark websites in IE,Edge and Chrome automatically?

in Browsers and Email
    How to Bookmark websites in IE,Edge and Chrome automatically?: hello everyone, i want to bookmark websites automatically. i don't want to follow manual process. please guide me? Thanks 79545
  10. Chrome instead IE

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome instead IE: Hi all, I have several links created with Internet Explorer. (links are Website and not Url) I now work with chrom. My question is how to ensure that these links are embarking with chrom and not internet explorer Thank you 18770