Windows 10: Any experience with alternatives to the Event Viewer?

Discus and support Any experience with alternatives to the Event Viewer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'd like to be able to: Search for every instance of an event Delete individual events I've read about these apps: MyEventViewer WMI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Advice Pro, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Any experience with alternatives to the Event Viewer?

I'd like to be able to:

• Search for every instance of an event
    • Delete individual events

I've read about these apps:

Please give your experiences with these apps or similar ones and list any things that you'd like Event Viewer to do.

:)

Advice Pro, Apr 3, 2018

2. Wanted: experience with alternatives to PC Suite

I've used Mobile Action Handset Manager in the past with great results, albeit on an older phone. I miss the usability of that system compared to the 'Nanny knows best' of PC Suite.

There's another application out there that's meant to be good - but I can't remember the name. D'oh!

uncle_whippity, Apr 3, 2018
  3. rufao Win User
    Wanted: experience with alternatives to PC Suite

pc suite is free and works better than all of these applications.

handset manager is awful - does a fraction of what pc suite can do. oxygen is also as bad. the biggest problem with these apps is that they only support a limited number of Nokia phones...

rufao, Apr 3, 2018
  4. RickC Win User

Any experience with alternatives to the Event Viewer?

I've used Nir Sofer's MyEventViewer for years for its ability to mix different logs together so I can search just by time/date across multiple logs. (IMO it's just nuts not to be able to do that natively within Event Viewer without having to create a cumbersome Custom View.)

I suggest you try his newer FullEventLogView (always use Run as administrator) and become familiar with all the Advanced Options (F9) available. It's just a shame there's no Logs menu item (like MyEventViewer) to quickly select/deselect the logs you're interested in.

Hope this helps...

RickC, Apr 3, 2018
Thema:

Any experience with alternatives to the Event Viewer?

1. Any experience with alternatives to the Event Viewer? - Similar Threads - experience alternatives Event

2. event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer: Log Name: System Source: storahci Date: 14. 11. 2023 19:34:18 Event ID: 129 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-K4FLHO8 Description: Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued. Event Xml:...
  3. event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer: **************THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN? THXLog Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 11/26/2021 11:22:13 PM Event ID: 400 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Ashhhhh Description: Device...
  4. event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event viewer: **************THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN? THXLog Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 11/26/2021 11:22:13 PM Event ID: 400 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Ashhhhh Description: Device...
  5. Picasa Photo Viewer alternative?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Picasa Photo Viewer alternative?: For people who have used Picasa photo viewer in the past or currently. Have you found an alternative? or anything close to it? Why Picasa is my go to for 13-14 years - It is extremely fast, light weight and smooth. It feels like an Apple product made by mistake by Google. It...
  6. event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event viewer: code defenitions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer/32a8bf89-f0e7-42b2-91f6-a2a60da0a8e1
  7. event viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    event viewer: I see many errors in event viewer but do not know what they mean. I was going to show one but thought it may compromise my security. Sorry about the post lacking information; are these errors dangerous for the most part or are they harmless. I am not going to poke around here...
  8. Alternative to Photo Viewer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alternative to Photo Viewer.: Hi. *Smile I am using build 10147 now, and Windows Photo Viewer is not working here as it used to. The new look/appearence of the Photos App is very cool, but is there any third party software that can be an alternative of the good old Windows Photo Viewer? I want a...
  9. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer: Is there any way to clear the items listed in 'administrative events' in event viewer? TIA, Richard 98433
  10. Alternative to Events Viewer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alternative to Events Viewer?: Are there any free packages that I can use to replace the Windows Event Viewer? I'm ideally looking for something that will lay out all of the events in one long scrolling screen in chronological order, rather than having to keep flipping backwards and forwards between...