Windows 10: Any fans of Equalizer APO, how to fix bad install.?

Discus and support Any fans of Equalizer APO, how to fix bad install.? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Had Equalizer APO on my zenbook working well for awhile but after Creators update it would configure it seemed, but couldn't affect audio. Tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cognus, Aug 9, 2017.

1. cognus Win User

Any fans of Equalizer APO, how to fix bad install.?

Had Equalizer APO on my zenbook working well for awhile but after Creators update it would configure it seemed, but couldn't affect audio. Tried uninstalling and fresh install and it fails. No folder created/populated.
    any of you been through this?

:)

cognus, Aug 9, 2017
  2. Adam_347 Win User

Is it possible to force Windows to PCM output only instead of bitstream DD+?

I'm using equalizer APO for my home theater. It works perfectly for everything but the Netflix. The only way get 5.1 surround sound in Netflix on Windows is in the Netflix app. I got the Windows app for Netflix and it does indeed output 5.1, but it will
    only bitstream it (aka: my receiver says "Dolby Digital+". Equalizer APO doesn't work with encoded Dolby Digital and needs a decoded signal to perform it's equalization.

So basically what I need: Force Windows 10 to decode Dolby Digital+ from the Netflix app, Equalizer APO equalizes the decoded signal, and the PC outputs the equalized/decoded signal as 5.1 PCM audio over HDMI to my receiver. Is this possible?

Adam_347, Aug 9, 2017
  3. Richy S Win User
    Low USB microphone recording volume (AT2020) - Windows 10

We've all tried that since it's the first thing you do with any mic when setting levels. It just adds a ton of noise and makes it sound like you have a fan right beside the mic. My ultimate fix was to sell the original mic and go with a Yamaha sound
    board and an XLR mic. Still not perfect and Win 7 worked better for that too. Equalizer APO 1.2 is a registry tweaking EQ that I tried and it also helped but couldn't get to where Win 7 could get.

Richy S, Aug 9, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 10, 2017
  5. cognus Win User
    Yes, yes, hadn't thought to do logging. A question: the installer finished as though all went well. Since no folder was created as it had before, where would the files be. I'm thinking this may be case of ragged uninstall prior to reinstall. It has or had an uninstall script. Seemed to work

cognus, Aug 12, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Installation instructions include:
    Equalizer APO / Documentation Wiki / Documentation

Did you restart?

As you can see, I'm not using the Creator's build, so pointless me trying it.

From a completely different angle, what sound utility do you use? E.g. Realtek can provide equalisation - I had to download directly from the manufacturer to get that and sound effects, although this is far less sophisticated.

dalchina, Aug 12, 2017
  7. cognus Win User
    Liking aimp better than VLC so far.
    since you guys enjoy this sort of thing, if you have IOS devices, you MUST try this HighStereo - Enjoy the sound difference by Neointrohttps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/highstereo-enjoy-the-sound-difference/id1100086488?mt=8
    i searched many hours and tried many near-competition but none match this. There are some technical goodies being implemented in how they do eq, not only for pls/m3u but YouTube....

cognus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Any fans of Equalizer APO, how to fix bad install.? - Similar Threads - fans Equalizer APO

2. How to fix bad image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix bad image: When ever I try and load in to epic games launcher it says bad image how do I fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-bad-image/27a2f88a-8c89-4b68-b3b6-f8329dca12d5
  3. How to fix bad image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix bad image: When ever I try and load in to epic games launcher it says bad image how do I fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-bad-image/27a2f88a-8c89-4b68-b3b6-f8329dca12d5
  4. Installed Equalizer APO on Windows 11, and it turned off all output sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed Equalizer APO on Windows 11, and it turned off all output sounds: Hello All, I have a laptop running Windows 11, and I tried to install an equalizing application to enhance my USB headphones sound quality, but it seems to have completely muted all sound from the laptop somehow....It was called Equalizer APO, and was recommended for this...
  5. Installed Equalizer APO on Windows 11, and it turned off all output sounds

Installed Equalizer APO on Windows 11, and it turned off all output sounds: Hello All, I have a laptop running Windows 11, and I tried to install an equalizing application to enhance my USB headphones sound quality, but it seems to have completely muted all sound from the laptop somehow....It was called Equalizer APO, and was recommended for this...
  6. Looking for an Equalizer for my Desktop PC (other than Equalizer APO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Looking for an Equalizer for my Desktop PC (other than Equalizer APO: I like Equalizer APO and Peace but it's giving me a problem with, I think, the pre-amplifier. So I'm looking for another Equalizer for my PC. Suggestions? Thank you........ 162818
  7. How to use Equalizer APO?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to use Equalizer APO?: Hello! Does anyone know how to use Equalizer APO? I downloaded the program recently, and I don't notice any change in sound output when I adjust the gain. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-equalizer-apo/822c4848-baf5-4542-a6bc-35f0a2cd422e
  8. APO Equalizer + Peace

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    APO Equalizer + Peace: Can someone please help me, posted in other subreddits, no response thus far. I am trying to make the apo equalizer work with windows 10 on my Dell G7. I have reinstalled, deleted registry keys, tried installing with the various options, disabled enhancements, disabled...
  9. equalizer apo 1.2.1.

equalizer apo 1.2.1.: i am trying to unistall the above but i cannot do it it is not on the unistall list on control panel,any ideas please..jed
  10. Is there any way of fixing a 'Bad' HDD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there any way of fixing a 'Bad' HDD?: [img] 93412

Users found this page by searching for:

1. eq apo für bitstream

2. equalizer apo after windows major update