Windows 10: Any FREE CD / DVD creating software comparable to K3b

Discus and support Any FREE CD / DVD creating software comparable to K3b in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there I'm looking for a FREE Windows equivalent to the Linux K3b CD / DVD creating / copying software. Anything out there with a decent GUI -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Oct 5, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Any FREE CD / DVD creating software comparable to K3b

Hi there

I'm looking for a FREE Windows equivalent to the Linux K3b CD / DVD creating / copying software.

Anything out there with a decent GUI -

Any FREE CD / DVD creating software comparable to K3b [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 5, 2016
  2. Khone_727 Win User

burning disc on windows 10 to play on a dvd player.

I have the same problem with Microsoft burning burning to any disc. All it does is burn the "data" files which are not readable on any DVD/CD player.

What you need is DVD/CD burning software. There are many free programs for that. Check this link.

The best free DVD burner 2018: burn videos and music | TechRadar

Myself, I use Cyberlink Power 2 Go. Power2Go 11

It burns and copies any type of file to CD/DVD. It's a little expensive, but you won't find any better and it lasts for years. If you decide to get any software, be sure you get the disc version and not download.

That way, if something happens, you have the disc to reinstall.

Khone_727, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Windows will not recognise UDF files

You'll have to install the program used to create the CD, this is usually CD/DVD burning software like Nero.

Time Lady, Oct 5, 2016
  4. mike s Win User

There are quite a few serviceable freeware burning programs for Windows. These include ImgBurn, CDBurnerXP, BurnAware, and Ashampoo BurningStudio Free.

Don't know of any direct equivalent to K3b; but from the status window in your screen capture it looks like K3b is not doing a direct copy but ripping to ISO and then burning the ISO to the destination disk. You should be able to get the same end result in a disc copy, in 2 passes, using the "create image" and "burn image" functions of one of the above.

Be warned that many downloads of ImgBurn contain an installer that bundles unwanted extras which borderline on malware; look for a portable version instead.

mike s, Oct 5, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    Thanks

actually the K3b software optionally gives you choice between making an image (I wanted that for installing a VM) and burning to another Disc.

It also when creating AUDIO CD's can get track info from the various music DB's so is a good way of tagging Audio - without actually creating a physical CD. !! It can also create DVD's - although I never use physical DVD's these days - just rip them if I ever get any.

I'll try the others --I agree though a lot of these Windows downloads have loads of confusing links and to actually get the download you want without any added installers / mal / bloat / ad ware is quite tough.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Any FREE CD / DVD creating software comparable to K3b - Similar Threads - FREE DVD creating

2. FREE DVD BURNING SOFTWARE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FREE DVD BURNING SOFTWARE: I have full movie files that are MP4 Video File (VLC) (.mp4) format. Is there a free software that I can use to burn theses files to dvd-r? I've tried; imgburn, winx dvd author, no results. Windows 10 home
  3. Comparing Software?

Comparing Software?: Is there a software that looks at file systems comparing the files and folders on the hard drive and compare it to a backup to point out any differences that may exist between the two copies?
  4. Laptop will not play any DVD/CD's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop will not play any DVD/CD's: My Toshiba laptop will not play any DVD/CD's. I went to the Control Panel Device Manager and it says the player is working properly. When I put in a DVD and click on the D: it asks me to insert a disc. I also checked for any updates for the player but Windows 10 says the...
  5. Free CD/DVD Software For Windows 10

Free CD/DVD Software For Windows 10: I am having problems with my CD/DVD device on my Dell Inspiron 3650 desktop Windows 10 no longer recognizes any CD/DVD media I insert. I won't go into the details about the problems since I had already opened an issue about this, and it was never resolved. There is a lot...
  6. Photos App and creating a CD/DVD

Photos App and creating a CD/DVD: I would like to create a CD with photos on it. There are a few ways that I already know how to do this, but they all rely on File Explorer (see my other question for why this isn't a solution for me right now). I have some old CD burning software on my computer that works...
  7. Installing from cd/dvd software

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing from cd/dvd software: I have a Surface Go and would like to install software from CD/DVD format. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-from-cddvd-software/518308be-9cd0-48ce-b02c-755c31c1a14f"
  8. dvd/cd reader/recorder software missing

dvd/cd reader/recorder software missing: missing program software for my dvd/cd player/recorder when i updated to win 10 from win 7 the cyberlink software did not come up, how do i get it back...
  9. is there any software to comparing files???

is there any software to comparing files???: For example, I have a couple of hard drives that are storing tens of thousands of files. There might be some files that are identical. Is there any software that can check all files in the drive to see if there are any files that are identical ? The software should not check...
  10. Best FREE MP4 to DVD Software?

Best FREE MP4 to DVD Software?: I saw that there were several packages that I have always used, like CDBurnerXP and ImgBurn. However, these will not work with MP4 files. So, is there any good FREE software out there I should get? I ask as I only use this once or twice a year at the most. Thank you all. OH,...