Windows 10: any good speech-to-text freeware?

Discus and support any good speech-to-text freeware? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use speech to text frequently with my iPhone because I don't do well with the virtual keyboard. and I like the autocorrect for thingls like dont and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lbeck, Sep 21, 2015.

1. lbeck Win User

any good speech-to-text freeware?

I use speech to text frequently with my iPhone because I don't do well with the virtual keyboard. and I like the autocorrect for thingls like dont and cant. I'm pretty good with my desktop REAL keyboard, but I just got a microphone after my upgrade to Windows 10 and Cortana.

Is there any good freeware like what comes integrated with the iPhone where I can dictate to a text file?

Just asking.....

:)

lbeck, Sep 21, 2015
  2. GearWorld Win User

Speech to Text or Text to Speech. Any french out there ?

Seems to work now, Probably I wasn't selecting the Display Language all right

Thank you

GearWorld, Sep 21, 2015
  3. GearWorld Win User
    Speech to Text or Text to Speech. Any french out there ?

I tried to set all the possible settings to French, tapped the link to restart the phone and yet still always in english.

GearWorld, Sep 21, 2015
  4. Bongo Win User

Bongo, Sep 21, 2015
  5. lbeck Win User
    Thanks Jerry, those are good URLs. In fact, I'm using the Windows app to dictate this. Lots of mistakes, but those can be edited out.

One interesting item, is that my text for this forum response appears and a second box for me to cut and paste into the main message box.

I appreciate your help.

lbeck, Sep 22, 2015
  6. Bongo Win User
    You're welcome, I'm not sure if there is a setting in the options so that second box doesn't appear, I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking and there is an option for that.

Jerry

Bongo, Sep 24, 2015
  7. AlexPop Win User
    Take a look at Speech to text online, Windows and Linux integration windows integration. It is almost free. This solution use Google Speech API and need not any training. You can voice typing directly in Word and other windows appliations. You can see youtube video of using this tool in windows

AlexPop, Sep 11, 2016
  8. joaozal Win User

Hello Alex,
    I really enjoyed your suggestion. Actually I'm a collegue student and my native language is Brazilian Portuguse, even by using it the Seech Pad is pretty accurate! Thus, I've registered to it and I'm using it to accelerate the way I do annotations and make quotations on my gratuation thesis.

joaozal, Sep 30, 2016
  9. AlexPop Win User
    Glad to help you!

AlexPop, Oct 3, 2016
  10. joaozal Win User
    BTW,
    I've also discovered an alternative to SpeechPad with really similar performance, also online, with a more modern design and NO registration needed. Thus I'm sharing the link with you: here, which will open its website directly from the Apps window@Chrome.

Regards,
    JP

joaozal, Oct 4, 2016
  11. LizardMan Win User
    SpeechToText Pro for Windows 10 is pretty good.

LizardMan, Dec 7, 2016
  12. JoshT Win User
    JoshT, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. any good speech-to-text freeware? - Similar Threads - speech text freeware

2. Text to Speech

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text to Speech: Several years ago the text-to-speech functionality inexplicably switched from what was clearly a synthesized voice to a more natural sounding one. It took me a while to get used to it, but I liked it. All of a sudden, in the middle of having the computer read back some text...
  3. Text to Speech

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text to Speech: Several years ago the text-to-speech functionality inexplicably switched from what was clearly a synthesized voice to a more natural sounding one. It took me a while to get used to it, but I liked it. All of a sudden, in the middle of having the computer read back some text...
  4. Speech to text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech to text: Hello!In the past when i press the windows button and the letter h, speech to text will normally work. Now it is no longer working.Can you assist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-to-text/5c51e32e-5082-43dc-8a32-5ce5835cf0b9
  5. Speech to Text

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speech to Text: In an online lecture and wanna take notes without having to type. I know with macs you can double tap the FN key to activate a speech to text thing that will take whatever a prof is saying and write it down in a word doc. How tf do I do this on windows? submitted by...
  6. text to speech

in Windows 10 Customization
    text to speech: I am trying to locate other united states female voices to add but can't locate them. Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-to-speech/99702a97-6694-4e10-a2b4-614a713ce8db
  7. Speech To Text

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Speech To Text: I'm looking for a free user-friendly speech to text download for Windows 10 email and Word. I'v tried the STT with the black microphone logo, which I believe is the Windows STT, and couldn't get it to work. Please set me in the right direction. Thank you. *** Email address...
  8. Text to Speech

Text to Speech: Text to Speech identifies the acronyms incorrectly: Example: NM is spoken 'nanometer'. Reading Aviation material the NM is 'nautical mile' and VOR is not 'voor', it is V.O.R. There are more. I would like to modify TEXT to SPEECH speech file or dictionary relative to what...
  9. Text-to-speech?

Text-to-speech?: Hello, just installed Win10 Pro 64 on my laptop and was wondering if they built in a Text-to-speech app? Like something you can copy-paste text in? -thanks! 10395
  10. any keyscramble freeware?

any keyscramble freeware?: any keyscramble tool that is freeware and free of hidden malware ? Please advise. Thank you so much ! 82551