Windows 10: Any help please

Discus and support Any help please in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can`t open mypresentation. I`ve got windows 7 if it helps you anyhow. Here is the errortext. “PowerPoint cannot open the type of file represented by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by maxpoole, Jan 29, 2016.

1. maxpoole Win User

Any help please

I can`t open mypresentation. I`ve got windows 7 if it helps you anyhow. Here is the errortext. “PowerPoint cannot open the type of file represented by job.ppt”

:)

maxpoole, Jan 29, 2016

2. Windows 10 failed attempts to use "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" function

Repeated backup failures. Running Windows 10, and when the “Backup and Restore (Windows 7) program is run front the Control Panel, I get the messages:

“Check your backup. The last backup did not complete successfully”.

“Windows Backup failed to get an exclusive lock on the EFI system partition (ESP). This may happen if another application is using files on the ESP.”

“Please retry the operation.”

Each time I retry, I get the same result and messages.

Windows 10 came installed on my Dell Inspiron 15 (500 Series) laptop. I have successfully used the same Backup and Restore (Windows 7) program to “Create a system image”, as well as to “Create a system repair disc”.

Please provide me with some insight and suggested actions.

{Please Help}, Jan 29, 2016
  3. Running windows 10 and lost browser connectivity after installing the 2013 Microsoft Office Suite

running windows 10 preinstalled on a new Dell lap top had no problem with windows browser, no problem installing Chrome, no problem downloading and activating 2013 Microsoft Office programs. BUT lost all browser connectivity after installing the 2013 Microsoft
    Office Suite. Internet connectivity confirmed along with DNS, pings, etc.

Should I uninstall the 2013 Microsoft Office Suite?

{Please Help}, Jan 29, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Any help please

I am not trying to brush you aside.
    Just that this is Windows 10 forums and it is preferable that problems are Windows 10 related.

Please kindly repost your question at Sevenforums ............................
    Windows 7 Help Forums

Thank you and good luck.

davidhk, Jan 29, 2016
  5. The steps, which are mainly required for this solution, are shown below:

1. Open MS PowerPoint program. Click on Office button (on top of the left side).
    2. A window will be appearing. Now select corrupt PowerPoint file from the system directory.
    3. Click on the arrow of Open button. A list will be scrolled down.
    4. From the list, click on Open and Repair. After some seconds, the file will be repaired and opened.

[Edited by Moderator]

callummorris, Feb 1, 2016
  6. ladyovr60 Win User
    I need some help too. I am pretty computer illiterate so bear with me. I have Windows 10 installed on a new computer. (they installed it not me) All of a sudden my "speaker" icon is not responding and I really want to turn the speakers off! This is the first time it has happened. Thanks for any help!

Also, sometimes when I try to watch a video, even when my speakers and the videos speakers are at 100%, I don't get any audio.

ladyovr60, Feb 1, 2016
  7. WHS
    whs Win User
    Lady, You will get more answers if you open your own thread with an appropriate title. What you are doing here is highjacking someone elses thread.

8. ladyovr60 Win User

Any help please

Sorry whs - I saw the thread title "any help please" and that is exactly what I needed.

ladyovr60, Feb 1, 2016
  9. WHS
    whs Win User
    But highjacking another thread is not only confusing it is also not very nice.

Thema:

Any help please

1. Any help please - Similar Threads - help please

2. Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I...: Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I play music or a movie I tried playing music via Bluetooth the crackling sound is still there so I came to the conclusion it can't be a hardware issue could my files be corrupted,what can...
  3. Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I...: Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I play music or a movie I tried playing music via Bluetooth the crackling sound is still there so I came to the conclusion it can't be a hardware issue could my files be corrupted,what can...
  4. Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone: my computer says 'your window license will expire soon' how do i renew it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-my-windows-license-will-expire/ff7dc724-033e-4d24-b0e2-4257463e348b
  6. my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone

my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone: my computer says 'your window license will expire soon' how do i renew it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-my-windows-license-will-expire/ff7dc724-033e-4d24-b0e2-4257463e348b
  7. my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Can someone please help me interpret my mini dump file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone please help me interpret my mini dump file?: I am getting a "Blue Screen of Death" on my Windows 10 computer occasionally. I have a mini dump file from the last time it happened.I was browsing in Firefox, and the computer froze up. 2 minutes or so later, I got the "Blue Screen of Death" error, and it said that the stop...
  9. Can someone please help me interpret my mini dump file?

Can someone please help me interpret my mini dump file?: I am getting a "Blue Screen of Death" on my Windows 10 computer occasionally. I have a mini dump file from the last time it happened.I was browsing in Firefox, and the computer froze up. 2 minutes or so later, I got the "Blue Screen of Death" error, and it said that the stop...
  10. Can someone please help me interpret my mini dump file?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging