Windows 10: Any idea what these Japanese-looking registry entries are?

Discus and support Any idea what these Japanese-looking registry entries are? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Whilst trying to sort out something on a friend's computer, I noticed some odd-looking registry entries... [img] These may be perfectly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Yossu, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Yossu Win User

Any idea what these Japanese-looking registry entries are?

Hello,

Whilst trying to sort out something on a friend's computer, I noticed some odd-looking registry entries...

Any idea what these Japanese-looking registry entries are? [​IMG]

These may be perfectly innocent, but then again, she is English, with Hebrew installed on her machine, so no oriental language packs at all, so I would be surprised to see such registry entries.

We ran CCCleaner on her machine, and it didn't flag these up. Don't know if that's any proof of anything!

We exported them, here are the contents of the exported .reg files...
    Any way of finding out where they came from, and if they should be there?
    Thanks

:)

Yossu, Jul 27, 2018
  2. Rooke Win User

Miscellaneous Registry entries?

W1zzard: Miscellaneous Registry entries?

For W1zzard,

*Respect :respect:

What are the registry entry names and data types for the Miscellaneous entries:

Currently selected Catalyst A.I. level, and Geometry Instancing Enabled?

I can't find anything that looks like those that are defined in that registry key, and I have to manually set them everytime I reboot my PC. *Frown Any idea what these Japanese-looking registry entries are? :(

It would be nice to be able to keep them set across reboots. *Smile Any idea what these Japanese-looking registry entries are? :)

Or are they taken care in version 0.25b11? I'm currently using 0.24.

Rooke, Jul 27, 2018
  3. vault2008 Win User
    japanese/strange characters in registry?

hey guys. im looking for some help here. i noticed in my registry under hkey_current_user there are entries that appear to have japanese characters and/or strange characters. google translate recognized some as japanese but couldnt translate them.

there's not a ton but there are a few. 5/16 are displaying in either the japanese or the strange characters. they all have two folders inside. "cache2" and "ext". they each have a reg_sz and a reg_dword inside of them.

i try to be precautionary with my system and i have ran a full avast scan in the last week and just today i ran a full threat scan with mbam offline. neither turned up anything. seeing these registry items has me in a bit of a panic though. my system is not
    behaving abornally or displaying issues.

should i leave them alone since i'm not encountering any issues? any/all advice would be much appreciated. thanks!

vault2008, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Wungraileng Vashi Win User

Registry entries missing

Hi Arvid,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

This might be due to the registry entries getting corrupted or missing. I would suggest you to click the article given below and try the 3rd step from the article first. If that doesn't work, continue with the other suggested troubleshooting steps one after
    the other.

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Any idea what these Japanese-looking registry entries are? - Similar Threads - idea Japanese looking

2. No idea what this is.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No idea what this is.: In Settings, "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" there is something called PCFDOC8.exe Under it, it says "install progress 100%. The bar is switched off, but even on it does nothing. Any idea what this is, and how to remove it? 47833
  3. First possible BSOD, any ideas what it can be?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    First possible BSOD, any ideas what it can be?: Hello, I recently experienced what I believe was my first BSOD. It occurred while running a 3D software application. I was wondering if you all would be kind enough to take a look and let me know what it can possibly me. Although I never actually saw a blue screen, the...
  4. Can the Registry restore entries automatically?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can the Registry restore entries automatically?: I changed several fields in the Registry titled "Friendly Name" trying to apply a useful name to my Bluetooth devices. Then I closed the registry editor and restarted my PC. When I viewed the Registry again the names were back to their original names. I've never seen this...
  5. Got any Idea what is going on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got any Idea what is going on?: Not wanting to copy and paste my help thread from other forums that I never got a reply from I will try to get help here. The problem I am experiencing is Default Application I get the How do you want to open this file? Problem: It opens without me doing...
  6. Any idea what this device is - NMC queue handler ??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any idea what this device is - NMC queue handler ??: Hi there Any of you network Gurus out there have any idea what this device is (NMC queue handler) [img] I'm sure I currently know what's connected to the network currently -- or at least I thought I did -- haven't a clue what that device is. !! Cheers jimbo 77983
  7. Japanese fonts look wrong on windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Japanese fonts look wrong on windows 10: I recently got a new work PC and I've noticed a problem with the way Japanese fonts are rendering in web browsers. I've tried it in Chrome, Edge and Firefox and they all look the same. This is how they look on my windows 10 machine: [img] And this is how they look...
  8. Any idea why the DisableOSUpgrade is missing in my windows 7 registry?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any idea why the DisableOSUpgrade is missing in my windows 7 registry?: Hi folks, I have been using the excellent reg edit tutorial on this site to disable upgrading to 10 https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...s-7-8-1-a.html I like to go manually into the registry without downloading the app to do it, and it has worked well on one my...
  9. Duplicate entries in registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate entries in registry: I have found hundreds of duplicate entries in Windows 10 registry, is there a way to remove them simply? Just a few: [img] 99409
  10. Garbled Registry Entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Garbled Registry Entries: Hello, Was looking at registry to make a backup of some entries and saw the following garbled entries. Was wondering what this was all about. Recently, my machine, after latest windows updates, has been having issues waking up after Hibernate. This issue seemed to be...