Windows 10: Any Installer not working on secondary drive

Discus and support Any Installer not working on secondary drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; During install of VM VirtualBox 5.1.18 on Windows 10 I get an error when installing to another drive (D*Smile, but on my main Windows harddrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by axxic3, Mar 20, 2017.

1. axxic3 Win User

Any Installer not working on secondary drive

During install of VM VirtualBox 5.1.18 on Windows 10 I get an error when installing to another drive (D*Smile, but on my main Windows harddrive (C*Smile it works just fine. I've tried installing other programs but they get interrupted as well. When the installer tries to make a directory thats when the error occurs, even while being run as administrator. I tried editing the permissions for the root of drive D & applying the permissions to subfolders but the installer is still showing the same error. How can I successfully install programs to this other drive?
    Also, this is a recent install of Windows, been using it for a month or so.

Heres a few methods I've tried so far that haven't worked:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-c491468edaa7

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...-sN3g___r8W6vw

Can't save to c: root

:)

axxic3, Mar 20, 2017
  2. lomavista Win User

apps not working on secondary drive

formatted flash drive with ntfs pluged it in some of the apps stop working unplugged the drive they started working again tried a different flash drive same problem

lomavista, Mar 20, 2017
  3. apps not working on secondary drive

Hi,

Thank you for the update. I would suggest you to format the USB drive which you are using for Ready boost and check if it helps. Before formatting make sure you are either using NTFS or Exfat file system. This will boost Ready Boost performance. How do you
    attach it? To the front panel of computer, back panel, thru additional cable? In general it should be OK. Try to re-format it and put to the rear USB slot. If issue persist try another USB stick.

Note: Make sure you take a backup of any important data present in USB flash driver before formatting.

Hope it helps,

John Rubdy, Mar 20, 2017
Thema:

Any Installer not working on secondary drive

1. Any Installer not working on secondary drive - Similar Threads - Installer working secondary

2. Install Windows 10 on a secondary drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Windows 10 on a secondary drive: Hey,I have an operating system on my C drive already and very limited space. I'd like to install Windows 10 on a secondary drive, I have the ISO file ready to go and a valid key, I just need to know what to do to get it to install on the secondary drive. How do I do this?...
  3. Install Windows 10 on a secondary drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Windows 10 on a secondary drive: Hey,I have an operating system on my C drive already and very limited space. I'd like to install Windows 10 on a secondary drive, I have the ISO file ready to go and a valid key, I just need to know what to do to get it to install on the secondary drive. How do I do this?...
  4. Install Windows 10 on a secondary drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bitlocker on secondary drive after installing new drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker on secondary drive after installing new drive: I had my main hdd lock up and when I restarted it went to repair pc which it could not do. When I go into the advance options I have been able to use the recovery key to turn off the drive but it still will not let me repair the start up. So I went ahead and installed the new...
  6. Bitlocker on secondary drive after installing new drive

Bitlocker on secondary drive after installing new drive: I had my main hdd lock up and when I restarted it went to repair pc which it could not do. When I go into the advance options I have been able to use the recovery key to turn off the drive but it still will not let me repair the start up. So I went ahead and installed the new...
  7. Bitlocker on secondary drive after installing new drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. New to W10, apps installing on secondary drive?

New to W10, apps installing on secondary drive?: Hey all, before I get comments... yes Im new to windows 10, i dislike change Anyways... I was and have been using w8.1.. recently formatted my PC SSD and went the w10 route.. so I have a huge learning curve to deal with.. 1st.. when I was using w8.1, i had OS/Cdrive...
  9. New to W10, apps installing on secondary drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    New to W10, apps installing on secondary drive?: Hey all, before I get comments... yes Im new to windows 10, i dislike change Anyways... I was and have been using w8.1.. recently formatted my PC SSD and went the w10 route.. so I have a huge learning curve to deal with.. 1st.. when I was using w8.1, i had OS/Cdrive...
  10. Installing Win10 on a secondary drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win10 on a secondary drive: Hey guys, this is probably one of the most common topics but I can't find a clean answer to my specific question. I've got two SSDs, a small old one and a big new one. Due to problems of certain software I want the big drive to be my new main drive with Win10 on it....