Windows 10: Any Linux users running Windows using KVM

Discus and support Any Linux users running Windows using KVM in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there Just wondering if there are any Linux users here running a Windows VM with the KVM virtualisation module in Linux. Cheers jimbo 2494 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Oct 15, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Any Linux users running Windows using KVM

Hi there

Just wondering if there are any Linux users here running a Windows VM with the KVM virtualisation module in Linux.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 15, 2014
  2. IvanFrey Win User

Windows 10 Home as KVM guest?

I currently run Windows 7 as a KVM guest on top of Linux. Will I be able to do the same for Windows 10 Home?

IvanFrey, Oct 15, 2014
  3. Armin_42 Win User
    Use Windows 10 Licnse for a virtual machine

Thanks Dave,

but. i dont want to reinstall Windows as the primary operating system. My primary operating system is linux. I want to use my Windows 10 in a virtual machine running under KVM / Linux.

Installation is not a big deal but this is then a virtual machine and not bare metal. How do i tell Windows that i have bought a valid license ?

Armin_42, Oct 15, 2014
  4. Ivan Win User

Hi jimbo,I run Windows 7 as KVM guest on Linux..

Ivan, Jul 3, 2015
  5. At one point I had a Windows 8.1 Pro x32 running on my server with kvm. Gave it up though due to being on my laptop with a wireless network connection. It's not practical for me to hardwire into my network and it was just to slow over the wireless to do anything with it.

jmgibson1981, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Any Linux users running Windows using KVM - Similar Threads - Linux users running

2. Run Linux Apps on Windows using Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Linux Apps on Windows using Windows Subsystem for Linux: WSL or Windows Subsystem for Linux allows you to run GNU/Linux environment in Windows 10/11 directly without using a dual-boot configuration or a virtual machine.GIMP running on Windows 11 installation, courtesy of WSLgPrerequisites for WSLWSL1/WSL2 requires Windows 10 Build...
  3. Run Linux Apps on Windows using Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run Linux Apps on Windows using Windows Subsystem for Linux: WSL or Windows Subsystem for Linux allows you to run GNU/Linux environment in Windows 10/11 directly without using a dual-boot configuration or a virtual machine.GIMP running on Windows 11 installation, courtesy of WSLgPrerequisites for WSLWSL1/WSL2 requires Windows 10 Build...
  4. Introducing Linux GUI apps running on Windows using the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Introducing Linux GUI apps running on Windows using the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/no_quests [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mvlwj9/introducing_linux_gui_apps_running_on_windows/
  5. Run a docker container with KVM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Run a docker container with KVM?: Hello, I need to run a docker container with KVM on a windows host. I’ve heard it’s possible to run a Linux VM using Hyper-V and then enable KVM in that Linux VM some how. So a nested Hyper-V to KVM container. Could someone tell me how to do this? Can I use VirtualBox for...
  6. Enquiry any tools available for migrating Linux KVM to Microsoft Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enquiry any tools available for migrating Linux KVM to Microsoft Hyper-V: Enquiry any tools available for migrating Linux KVM to Microsoft Hyper-V migrating out of Redhat solution migrating Linux KVM to Microsoft Hyper-V how to do it?...
  7. KVM Linux VPS Hosting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    KVM Linux VPS Hosting: Is there any best KVM Linux VPS hosting providers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/kvm-linux-vps-hosting/d176f644-031c-4867-888f-1ad7a5a47130
  8. Example of Windows 10 Running on KVM (Hypervisor) on Linux Host

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Example of Windows 10 Running on KVM (Hypervisor) on Linux Host: Hi folks Here's a recent build of Windows 10 running on the Linux HYPERVISOR (equivalent to Windows HYPER-V) KVM -- it's built into the kernel so all the extra packagres are available to run this. The main problem is to create a network bridge (equivalent to HYPER-V external...
  9. Linux Host HYPERVISOR to Windows 10 Guests passthru (KVM)

Linux Host HYPERVISOR to Windows 10 Guests passthru (KVM): Hi folks for those using Linux Hosts and want to try out a hypervisor (built in in typical Linux distros) where you can pass thru video / usb stuff to guests - Windows 10 runs fine -- just follow steps in this link Running Windows 10 on Linux using KVM with VGA Passthrough s...
  10. Windows 10 Virtualisation on Linux via KVM Hypervisor

Windows 10 Virtualisation on Linux via KVM Hypervisor: Hi folks If you have time here's another interesting little experiment. Linux also has it's own HYPERVISOR (almost counter part of HYPER-V in Windows). Actually it also has XEN but KVM IMO is easier to set up. Citrix uses XEN and as I've had HIDEOUS experiences with Citrix...