Windows 10: Any Network Monitor Tool?

Discus and support Any Network Monitor Tool? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey guys, Is there Any Network Monitor Tool that I can see how many pc/cellphones connected with my Wi-Fi and I can also suspened any connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jk22, Jan 1, 2017.

1. jk22 Win User

Any Network Monitor Tool?

Hey guys,

Is there Any Network Monitor Tool that I can see how many pc/cellphones connected with my Wi-Fi and I can also suspened any connection from pc or iphone.

Regards.

:)

jk22, Jan 1, 2017

2. Network Monitor

cool, thanks for the info. so the new phones have netmon, but it is hidden? Thanks for the replies. JIW

jamesianwheeler, Jan 1, 2017
  3. petrib Win User
    Network Monitor

No. The new phones do *NOT* have any hidden or visible netmon, but there are separate phones with network diagnostic/analysis tools for network operators (they are not sold in normal phone stores).

petrib, Jan 1, 2017
  4. Wullail Win User

Some routers include a web based screen where you can see connected clients listed.

You'd need to block access at the router anyway.

My asus router has 2 network options , private and guest.

Here I have a whitelist of MAC addresses for PCs/phones I want to allow to connect to my private network with access to my NAS and printers etc and the guest network which only allows access out onto the internet relies on a passkey which I change periodically.

Suspending access by a device is handled by removing that devices MAC from the list.

You could have a blacklist option instead where you do the opposite and allow general access using the passkey but block that particular device by adding the MAC to the backlist.

It all depends on what your firmware for your router allows you to do.

Wullail, Jan 1, 2017
  5. jk22 Win User
    I am talking about the software for pc.

jk22, Jan 1, 2017
  6. chrismine Win User
    Glasswire BAsic or Pro may work for you, am adding my affiliate links:
    Glasswire Basic:
    Glasswire Pro:

chrismine, Jan 1, 2017
  7. chrismine Win User
    Glasswire Basic or Pro may work for you, am adding my affiliate links:
    Glasswire Basic:
    Glasswire Pro:

I removed the affiliate links, don't want to be banned.

chrismine, Jan 1, 2017
  8. sml156 Win User

I have used SoftPerfect Network Scanner : fast advanced network scanner to scan my network, it's free but it's up to you to figure out which one is WiFi.
    Nirsoft has a tool Wireless Network Watcher - Show who is connected to your wireless network. It's also free and although I have not used it Nirsoft makes great free program's.

sml156, Jan 1, 2017
  9. sml156 Win User
    Blacklisting MAC addresses is useless ---- the first thing most WiFi hackers do is clone the Mac Address of one of the computers already conneted. Also if someone tells you that hiding your SSID will stop WiFi hackers has no idea what they are talking about.

Source:

Any Network Monitor Tool? [​IMG]
    and my interest in Backtrack Kali Linux and a lot of free time to play with my 6 routers and over 10 USB WiFi sticks.

sml156, Jan 1, 2017
  10. Wullail Win User
    This is true , but blacklisting and a decent WPA2 password on the router is a reasonable and quick way to take precautions , the OP hasn't stated why he needs to block , it might just be a neighbour piggybacking on his broadband, not a hacker.

Wullail, Jan 1, 2017
  11. Wullail Win User
    You can buy / get freeware software to scan your wifi , but you'll still need to block the connection on your router or a central access point to disconnect/block it.

Wullail, Jan 1, 2017
  12. jk22 Win User
    So how can I suspend the connection from my laptop ?

13. Wullail Win User

Which router is it? , many have a web driven menu interface which you access by going to 192.168.1.1 and logging on using the admin logon/password.

Wullail, Jan 1, 2017
  14. jk22 Win User
    Modem Name: Kasda

Yes it have UI and I can login into it.

15. Wullail Win User
    Have a look at the options and see if there is a MAC filter option , I'm also assuming your wifi is protected using a WPA2 password key as well.

Wullail, Jan 2, 2017
Thema:

1. Any Network Monitor Tool? - Similar Threads - Network Monitor Tool

2. Want to see all running process of remote servers on my laptop / monitoring tool Any tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to see all running process of remote servers on my laptop / monitoring tool Any tool: Want to see all running process of remote servers on my laptop / monitoring tool Any tool.You are welcome if you suggest any tool with guidelines how to configure this....
  3. Want to see all running process of remote servers on my laptop / monitoring tool Any tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to see all running process of remote servers on my laptop / monitoring tool Any tool: Want to see all running process of remote servers on my laptop / monitoring tool Any tool.You are welcome if you suggest any tool with guidelines how to configure this....
  4. Free Net Monitoring Tools?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Free Net Monitoring Tools?: Hi, we have users within our company who have wireless LTE data purchased from the company. I'd like to know if anyone knows of free software that can be used to monitor with more detail than Windows Data Usage option data usage and which devices are connected to that...
  5. Snipping tool with tv monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Snipping tool with tv monitor: Hi, I use a snipping tool a lot, but my monitor on my laptop is small, so if I make the document small enough to snip, I lose resolution. I was thinking if I connected my laptop to my tv monitor, that even at 50% size, the original image would be high resolution on the tv...
  6. Any fancy tool to declare and log new loggers to a network ?

Any fancy tool to declare and log new loggers to a network ?: So yea every neighbor around me fantasize having free internet , end result half of them learned the Evil Twin hacking trick and the other half have those weird android apps that can find out WIFI passwords in a weird undeclared way . So bottom line to fight this I had always...
  7. Looking for Network Analysis tool

Looking for Network Analysis tool: Is there a GUI based network traffic analysis tool like tcpdump for Windows? If no GUI, then I’ll settle for a command line version. I found a product from Microolap however, I want to know what my options are? Thank-You 154589
  8. Any free customization tools?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any free customization tools?: Win10 made me finally ditch Linux. But one thing I miss was the ease of customization. Are there any free tools to do this on Windows? I know there's Start10 and all that, but I'd prefer not to shell out cash and have extra software running just to do such a mundane thing as...
  9. I'm looking for a network tool

I'm looking for a network tool: It's been a few months that i'm looking for a network tool for Windows that can forward , check ports and see if they are reachable over the internet. I know a good program to measure a the network LAN banwidth, it's called Real Network Monitor, also another very good app...
  10. Any tools to diagnose PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Any tools to diagnose PC: Hello Is there any tool available to diagnose Win 10 and PC behavior. System is erratic and sometime very slow. Last boot, I had access to Chrome, but the desktop , task bar and start button where unavailable for at least 5 minutes. And even after that respond to an asked...