Windows 10: Any news / Update on Windows 10 for Workstation versions yet

Discus and support Any news / Update on Windows 10 for Workstation versions yet in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks In the late summer there was an announcement about a new multi core capable version of W10 - W10 for workstation -- the spec looked quite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Nov 8, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Any news / Update on Windows 10 for Workstation versions yet

Hi folks

In the late summer there was an announcement about a new multi core capable version of W10 - W10 for workstation -- the spec looked quite interesting including handling Refs file system and a load of other stuff but haven't heard a squeak of it since.

Anybody on Ms's "know list" who has any idea what the state of play is - please post. Would love to know if still on track, or problems found so delayed or whether the whole thing was just "Vapourware".

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 8, 2017

2. Windows 10 workstations not accessible via Remote Desktop after upgrade

I have upgraded a Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 workstations to Windows 10 (all pro versions). Our network is served by Small Business Server 2011 Standard.

After the upgrade, I am unable to access the workstations by Remote Desktop internally (within the network domain), it simply times out. Externally, from a remote location, I can access the workstations.

Furthermore, our Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager can see these new workstations, but cannot connect them as clients.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Crazy IT Dude, Nov 8, 2017
  3. Update (KB4041676)

Hi,

For what it's worth, KB4041676 was installed on my Dell workstation on 10/11/17 and I have not experienced any issues with it, negative or otherwise, to date.

Typically, having issues or not having issues is due to different hardware configurations and/or software installed on a given device (including device drivers) that are yet or have not yet been updated for compatibility with the newest version build of
    the OS (this holds true with/for any OS out there).

Hope this helps and good luck going forward.

-Richard

RichardEiler, Nov 8, 2017
  4. MFX
    mfx Win User

It's available as far as I've read. I think if you check your I parade options in windows 10 it will link you. Priced depends on your hardware from 180 upwards. Sorry I'm on phone just saw this so no concrete links. Sure someone will chime in soon with something more solid :*)

5. I'm running it on my main desktop PC. I did an upgrade to it from Pro via a change product key. I used one of my Visual Studio Subscription (MSDN) keys. The new 1709 MSDN Multi Edition ISO is supposed to have it.

Any news / Update on Windows 10 for Workstation versions yet [​IMG]

It didn't show up in the list of install options when I booted from it though? It will likely install if you enter a valid key during setup though. I am pretty sure, but not 100% sure, this is the same ISO you get via the MCT.

Its not listed at all as included on the MSDN VL ISO, which surprised me? I didn't get any MAK keys for it either, only Retail Keys, another surprise?

Any news / Update on Windows 10 for Workstation versions yet [​IMG]

alphanumeric, Nov 8, 2017
  6. Pirx Win User
    Any version of Windows 10 is of course "multi core capable". The workstation version you are talking about has additional support for server-grade or high-end workstation hardware; there isn't much of a point installing this on a standard PC.

Pirx, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Any news / Update on Windows 10 for Workstation versions yet - Similar Threads - news Update Workstation

2. Spotify does not work on Windows 11, is there any updates yet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotify does not work on Windows 11, is there any updates yet?: I have updated my windows 10 pc to windows 11 and since then I cannot open Spotify. The screen just goes black. I have tried several times installing, repairing, and uninstalling with no luck. I also have a new laptop with Windows 11 already on it and Spotify works just fine,...
  3. Spotify does not work on Windows 11, is there any updates yet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotify does not work on Windows 11, is there any updates yet?: I have updated my windows 10 pc to windows 11 and since then I cannot open Spotify. The screen just goes black. I have tried several times installing, repairing, and uninstalling with no luck. I also have a new laptop with Windows 11 already on it and Spotify works just fine,...
  4. Is it safe yet to install the feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe yet to install the feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1?: The last time I installed it, it broke several things on my computer and I had to uninstall it. Is it even worth installing? submitted by /u/HotAZGuy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/o9pu6j/is_it_safe_yet_to_install_the_feature_update_to/
  5. Download link of Windows 10 Pro, version 1809 and version 1909 for workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download link of Windows 10 Pro, version 1809 and version 1909 for workstation: I would like to reinstall OS for workstations. Could you please provide the download link of Windows 10 Pro, version 1809 and version 1909 for workstation.? Thank you....
  6. Windows 10 can't update to any version.

Windows 10 can't update to any version.: My laptop is currently at 1803. I've tried to update to 1903 and 1909. But it always freezes at 27% no matter how I update it. I used Windows Update and Windows 10 Update Assistant. Here are some files from "C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources". I've added English translations to...
  7. Cannot update to 1903 on any of our workstations

Cannot update to 1903 on any of our workstations: We're trying to update our Windows 10 PCs (12 of them) to 1903 and we're getting the same error on all of them: The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation. 0x8007042B – 0x4000D BSOD The OOBE error log shows:...
  8. Versions of Windows 10 Pro for Workstations?

in Windows 10 Support
    Versions of Windows 10 Pro for Workstations?: I recently learned of Windows 10 Pro for Workstations as version of Windows 10 geared toward very high-end workstation hardware. Then I happened to configure a Dell Precision 7820 Tower online, and I noticed that in the operating system section, it offers a choice of Windows...
  9. W10 Workstation Pro edition - Anybody here yet

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Workstation Pro edition - Anybody here yet: Hi folks Just wondering if anybody on these Forums is usimg Windows 10 Workstation Pro yet and if so what's the difference between that and standard W10 Pro or W10 Enterprise. Cheers jimbo 116495
  10. Any further news on Windows Workstation edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Any further news on Windows Workstation edition: Any more news / developments on the up coming Workstation Edition - and will it be available on the Insider Track. I'm looking forward to this one judging by past comments. Cheers jimbo 95014