Windows 10: Any of the 40 plus Folders now on my desk top cannot access pdf files

Discus and support Any of the 40 plus Folders now on my desk top cannot access pdf files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recap of what has happened. Today is 23rd October 2017 Earlier today I wanted to try a PDF alteration program. I have used a simple one before to put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by billz, Oct 23, 2017.

1. billz Win User

Any of the 40 plus Folders now on my desk top cannot access pdf files

Recap of what has happened. Today is 23rd October 2017
    Earlier today I wanted to try a PDF alteration program. I have used a simple one before to put white patches on a document say to cover up a telephone number to keep it private if it is getting seen by unknown persons.
    I chose to look at a trial of Wondershare” PDFelement Program 6Pro(build6.3.2.)”
    It had a free trial for 2 or 3 days
    So I downloaded the program and attempted to use it – It did not do as I wished, but requested to run a secondary program optical character program to read the trial document I wanted to test it on. But this appeared to stall part way on being While I could not make the program work .
    I then printed off what I had been examining and the program had put a massive watermark using Ink of course across indicating that it was a trial useage. I did not like this so I tried to uninstall the Program, this I did in two separate programs, from the control centre, leaving there still being a document and a download still not deleted c:\Users\Public\documents\Wondershare pdfelement6-pro_setup_full2996 dated 10/23/2017 6:35pm Application 69,760KB
    This is the page I clicked on to allow the program to alter my hard drive etc.
    Also down loaded from the Website c:\Users\DAD\Downloads\pdfelement6-pro_setup_full2996 dated 10/23/2017 6:27pm Application 961KB These two applications are still there.
    The PROBLEM
    Any of the 40 plus Folders now on my desk top cannot access pdf files word seems ok.
    I click on a pdf file and instead of opening as normal adobe pdf, they have been perverted to a MS Edge micro sizes logo to the LHS. All I get now is a image of the document on the Right hand side as if you were about to print except that does not seem possible other than go up and down pages contained in the file, but when you try to open the file The Blue screen of MS Edge Blots everything out and it takes a while to get rid of it by clicking the X on the top Right hand side, and you are back to where you started,
    All I wanted was a couple of white patches, Rather than my scribbles! I prefer everything either Chrome or Adobe pdf or google and word 2007 student - I have had a devil of a job to get back into the forum, but I am here now.
    Blue edge screen first full size, then the white screen as shown shrunken to see folder underneath
    There should be a screen shot on a word page on an attachment to show what happens when I try to open a file. Bill

:)

billz, Oct 23, 2017

2. PDF printing button missing in Win 10.

I just purchased a new HP desk top with windows 10 & cannot print a PDF file saved in my documents folder. I have tried numerous ways to print the file with no luck. opening the file there is NO print button or any type of menu displayed for this file.

Keith Melcher, Oct 23, 2017
  3. PopooXibm Win User
    Error message when accessing a PDF file.

On my desk top computer.

PopooXibm, Oct 23, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Did you go back into default programs and tell the OS what programs you want those extensions associated with. Unless you pay for a program, it will leave a watermark and even states that it will. You could always use Adobe's online Cloud pdf creator program to make changes. Phone numbers are not always considered private, unless you are uploading for the whole world to see.

As for your Thesis, simple solution, but the description defeats the purpose. Also folders do not access files, they are just that, place holders for files to sit inside.

bro67, Oct 23, 2017
Thema:

1. Any of the 40 plus Folders now on my desk top cannot access pdf files - Similar Threads - plus Folders desk

2. password protect for folders on desk top

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password protect for folders on desk top: Hi Ev1, How do i put password protection on folders/files that are on desktop so they need a password to access them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protect-for-folders-on-desk-top/1da7becc-0c79-4aa9-9bee-0a566fd59ff6
  3. desk top

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desk top: My old desk top with the icon and info is disapperaed ps help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/c2f6e620-5b0b-4993-a40c-b9aea2f71dda
  4. Camera access on my Desk Top Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Camera access on my Desk Top Computer: Hi. I have a HP Desk Top all in one with a Built in Camera . Keep getting messages Can't detect the Camera. Tried to follow instructions to fix problem could not. Need help. Running on Windows 10. Thank you....
  5. desk top

in Windows 10 Customization
    desk top: my desk top display changed from the display where the desktop showed google chrome, trash, Kindle etc.. They are now in the taskbar. How do I change it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/0d4d4504-e4f6-468d-bebb-da280d3e690a
  6. desk top

desk top: while trying to copy pictures to put on a flash drive i have somehow put them on my desktop, how do i remove them and not delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/1281a9bf-36ba-4ad2-8803-513bf653ef54
  7. Can't delete desk top folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete desk top folder: Desk top folder has nothing in it, I'm the administrator on this laptop, and still not able to delete, remove or rename the folder. I've tried RMDIR /S /Q C:\Users\reese\Desktop, and still not able to delete the file [ATTACH] looked that the security tab and see this...
  8. lost my orignial desk top showing all my files and folders

lost my orignial desk top showing all my files and folders: I just lost my original set up on my desktop with all my files and folders. now my desk top show's everything in the Start button. completely changed format. in order to get to folders on my desk top, I have to click on a task view bar and it only list all the folders. How...
  9. Desk top

Desk top: my desk top has disappeared. All the icons have disappeared. I can log onto the computer into my area of use, but once in nothing comes up. When you click on the home button - it does nit bring up any thing just a whirling ball? Is this my computer going faulty or...
  10. windows 2016 professional plus on my desk top

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 2016 professional plus on my desk top: Im trying to install microsoft office 2016 professional plus on my desk top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-2016-professional-plus-on-my-desk-top/eb2c809a-f8bd-4122-814f-91f9fc0de8a8"