Windows 10: Any official way to transfer data from a WIN10 PC to a different WIN10

Discus and support Any official way to transfer data from a WIN10 PC to a different WIN10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Howdy, I don't need to migrate apps. I just need to migrate data and settings if possible. Is there an automated way like the old Easy Transfer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kelemvor, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Kelemvor Win User

Any official way to transfer data from a WIN10 PC to a different WIN10

Howdy,

I don't need to migrate apps. I just need to migrate data and settings if possible. Is there an automated way like the old Easy Transfer program where I can run a program one the Old and New computers and jsut have it go through and copy all the docs, picture, videos, desktop, etc (maybe even browser settings?) over without me having to do it manually?

I have a laptop that was upgraded from 8 to 10 but it's now being replaced with a different one that is Windows 10 but is blank.

Thanks.

:)

Kelemvor, Oct 21, 2015

2. Migrating from one Win10 pc to a new Win10 pc

The PC Mover Express is only a easy way - but not a free and easy way... Perhaps, that's why they have removed the Windows Easy Transfer?

MicaelNielsen, Oct 21, 2015
  3. Migrating from one Win10 pc to a new Win10 pc

My old pc is 7 years old and I want to buy a new one. What is the best way to move my old pc's files, system setup, programs to a new pc. If I do a backup of the old one and then recovery to the new one, will that work? Just looking for a simple hardware
    upgrade without the headache of reinstalling everything and physically moving all of my existing documents to the new one. The old pc has Win10 running on it.

thanks,

Steve

SteveK1124, Oct 21, 2015
  4. Any official way to transfer data from a WIN10 PC to a different WIN10

No, sorry. It is usually simple enough to export/import browser favorites, documents, pictures, desktop, etc over to a USB drive and then over to the right folders on the new computer. The Easy Windows Transfer tool has been discontinued since Windows 8. There might be 3rd party programs, but certainly not Microsoft "official" ones.

DustSailor, Oct 21, 2015
  5. Kari Win User
  6. Gary Win User
    Use Macrium Reflect Free version to do it

7. Berton Win User
    Both solutions mentioned should be good but I prefer the DVD route, copy the personal data to a disc [or more] o which then can be copied to the new computer but with the added bonus of having an archived backup which should have been done periodically anyway.

Berton, Oct 21, 2015
  8. Whatphoeb Win User

Whatphoeb, Oct 22, 2015
  9. Teddy Win User
    Teddy, Oct 31, 2015
  10. TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Any official way to transfer data from a WIN10 PC to a different WIN10 - Similar Threads - official transfer data

2. How to Downgrade to WIN10 from WIN11 Officially

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Downgrade to WIN10 from WIN11 Officially: Hello, I have a Acer Laptop which I bought on June 2019 and it came preinstalled with Windows 10 but when Windows 11 was released I upgraded for free but now I want to downgrade it back to Windows 10 as I am having issues with some SW and performance .. Ques1. How I do it...
  3. How to Downgrade to WIN10 from WIN11 Officially

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Downgrade to WIN10 from WIN11 Officially: Hello, I have a Acer Laptop which I bought on June 2019 and it came preinstalled with Windows 10 but when Windows 11 was released I upgraded for free but now I want to downgrade it back to Windows 10 as I am having issues with some SW and performance .. Ques1. How I do it...
  4. how to transfer win10 licence to different machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to transfer win10 licence to different machine: I was running a perfectly fine Windows 10 on a perfectly fine Asus motherboard which, unfortunately was win11 capable.MS then virtually forced me into an unwanted windows 11 'upgrade'. The short 7 x 14Hr days story is that the OK computer ceased to work. I happened to have a...
  5. how to transfer win10 licence to different machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to transfer win10 licence to different machine: I was running a perfectly fine Windows 10 on a perfectly fine Asus motherboard which, unfortunately was win11 capable.MS then virtually forced me into an unwanted windows 11 'upgrade'. The short 7 x 14Hr days story is that the OK computer ceased to work. I happened to have a...
  6. how to transfer win10 licence to different machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Transfer from WinXP to Win10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer from WinXP to Win10.: What system or program is recommended for videos transfer from XP to 10. I used to use Tornado transfer and then Roxio to open but now it doesn't work anymore. Got transfer all right but Win10 won't accept the file....
  8. Transferring Data off EXT4 formatted drives on a Win10 PC ??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring Data off EXT4 formatted drives on a Win10 PC ??: I have about 6TB of data stored on 2 ancient D-Link DNS323 Nas boxes. Each Nas has 2x HDD's in JBOD configuration using EXT4. I'm building a Windows 10 based Media Server probably with Stablebit Drivepool and Snapraid. The problem is that file transfers on these ancient...
  9. Best way to transfer your data and programs from Win10 system to a new computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best way to transfer your data and programs from Win10 system to a new computer.: There is a plenty of locked threads all around this community, with people keep asking this question. Short answer is usually - there is no way, you should reinstall all programs from scratch. But that's not true. For 15 years already I transfer my Windows systems from one...
  10. Data Transfer Win7 to Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Transfer Win7 to Win10: What options do I have for multiple PCs to transfer data from PC to PC? PC Mover is not an option for licensing multiple PCs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-transfer-win7-to-win10/4b17bd7b-981e-4e67-b11a-240ad288aff4"