Windows 10: any permanent solution to all the icons jumping to secondary display?

Discus and support any permanent solution to all the icons jumping to secondary display? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; ?? at random times I will go to the desktop and all the icons will be swapped on displays..I can move them back using the old ctrl-p mouse wheel trick,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by medievil, Jun 25, 2017.

1. medievil Win User

any permanent solution to all the icons jumping to secondary display?

?? at random times I will go to the desktop and all the icons will be swapped on displays..I can move them back using the old ctrl-p mouse wheel trick, but it's quite annoying.. stuff still opens like it should (the 2 icons I have on secondary display open on the secondary even when they are swapped and the icons are shown on the primary)

I've checked and primary is SET as primary in both windows and in the NV cpl.. no 3rd party apps for desktop or icons

:)

medievil, Jun 25, 2017
  2. Sharonie2 Win User

Is there any way of jumping to a solution in the community answers rather than scrolling through pages of people saying they have the same problem too?

I just want to be able to get to the answer and skip pages and pages of people saying they have the same problem.

Sharonie2, Jun 25, 2017
  3. Sharonie2 Win User
    Is there any way of jumping to a solution in the community answers rather than scrolling through pages of people saying they have the same problem too?

Thanks, I would love to be able to go directly to an answer. I understand that not all answers will be appropriate for me and am happy to scroll through answers only. My question is now to do this without having to read pages and pages of people describing
    the same or similar problems. I don't think I need to be more specific than this as it is very common to find responses that do not actually add any value.

Sharonie2, Jun 25, 2017
Thema:

any permanent solution to all the icons jumping to secondary display?

1. any permanent solution to all the icons jumping to secondary display? - Similar Threads - permanent solution icons

2. Is there a permanent solution to this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a permanent solution to this?: I bought a new computer a few days ago. It was working fine until i played a game. The game ran horribly. This is despite the fact that I have a 240w power supply and a Ryzen 5 Pro 1600 6-Core Processor paired with an AMD Radeon RX 550 with 4GB of Video RAM. I also have 16GB...
  3. Is there a permanent solution to this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a permanent solution to this?: I bought a new computer a few days ago. It was working fine until i played a game. The game ran horribly. This is despite the fact that I have a 240w power supply and a Ryzen 5 Pro 1600 6-Core Processor paired with an AMD Radeon RX 550 with 4GB of Video RAM. I also have 16GB...
  4. Is there a permanent solution to this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Icons Switched To Secondary display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons Switched To Secondary display: I have Windows 10, version 21H1 on my desktop and I'm using two monitors. My icons have switched to my secondary display. How can I move them back to my primary?...
  6. Any solution ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any solution ?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/bb3scw08k7y51.png?width=296&format=png&auto=webp&s=c7985eaac302323257b13f4b5e1e4d9efddfd7a7 submitted by /u/Nikhil4ucoc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jqwqkf/any_solution/
  7. Any solutions?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Any solutions?: Hiya! I've got a new problem- my Windows, Shift+R combination, and Alt keys are not working! We installed Bandicam from a user named unpack98 from GitHub. Technically, it turned out that he had a ransomware in his repositories the one that attacked us was...
  8. Any Solutions..?

Any Solutions..?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IcyAcanthopterygii36 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jc9rzk/any_solutions/
  9. All Icons/Thumbnails gone, can't find any solution. Please help.

All Icons/Thumbnails gone, can't find any solution. Please help.: I just booted my pc this morning and suddenly all my icons/thumbnails where gone. Also, when I right-click any folder or executable and click properties, it doesn't open the properties. I can't find any solution on the internet on how to fix it, I even tried resetting my...
  10. Desktop icons scattering after connecting secondary display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons scattering after connecting secondary display: Okay, so, I've had my laptop for almost a year now, For the first roughly 8 months when i plug in a display, all of my desktop icons stayed in place, on my main laptop screen. (I plug in and detach a monitor all the time, probably at the least once daily, none of the icons...