Windows 10: Any Powershell Guru's out there?

Discus and support Any Powershell Guru's out there? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Having trouble with a backup script for Veeam which is supposed to backup all my VM's and then email a report. After a bit of tweaking the script... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by veldthui, Dec 8, 2017.

1. veldthui Win User

Any Powershell Guru's out there?

Having trouble with a backup script for Veeam which is supposed to backup all my VM's and then email a report.
    After a bit of tweaking the script works as far as the backup goes and backs up all the VM's to my Synology NAS.

Trouble I am having is that it will not send the email report. The last bit of the script looks like this

Code: { $Message = New-Object System.Net.Mail.MailMessage $EmailFrom, $EmailTo $Message.Subject = $EmailSubject $Message.IsBodyHTML = $True $message.Body = $MesssagyBody | ConvertTo-Html -head $style | Out-String $SMTP = New-Object Net.Mail.SmtpClient($SMTPServer) $SMTP.Send($Message) }[/quote] If I run this in the PowerShell ISE windowed interface all it does is output the above to the console and does not send the email.
    Do I just remove the curly brackets? I would have thought it should have run with the curly brackets anyway.
    This is not a script I wrote but one I have adapted to my system but the bottom part said not to change things past a certain point.

Thanks.

:)

veldthui, Dec 8, 2017
  2. Sina Andi Win User

Output audio to multiple devices in Windows 10

Guru,

I do not see any of the below

"Wave Out Mix", "Mono Mix" or "Stereo Mix"

This is a fresh install.

Any idea?

Sina Andi, Dec 8, 2017
  3. Dictionary word information missing-E6220c

Seems like this problem is still unresolved. Any guru out there can help? Or can the Nokia corporates answer this themselves?

whenissued, Dec 8, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

Until someone more qualified in using powershell scripts posts, my thoughts would be that you need to enter the details like from email address, to address, email subject, smtp server details & message contents/body rather than what’s written.

Bastet, Dec 9, 2017
  5. veldthui Win User
    That is all there above this part. The Subject, To, and From address are all stored in variables. The message itself is built up as each VM is backed up and says where it succeeded or failed.

veldthui, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Any Powershell Guru's out there? - Similar Threads - Powershell Guru's

2. Preview Voice for Microsoft Helena not working after installing via PowerShell Script

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preview Voice for Microsoft Helena not working after installing via PowerShell Script: Hi,I am working with a machine that has Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB with OS Version 1607. I had to install the Spanish Language Pack and the Microsoft Helena Text to Speech voice via offline Meaning that I had no access to internet. I was able to install the Spanish...
  3. Preview Voice for Microsoft Helena not working after installing via PowerShell Script

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preview Voice for Microsoft Helena not working after installing via PowerShell Script: Hi,I am working with a machine that has Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB with OS Version 1607. I had to install the Spanish Language Pack and the Microsoft Helena Text to Speech voice via offline Meaning that I had no access to internet. I was able to install the Spanish...
  4. Powershell file closes instantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell file closes instantly: Hello, I have a problem. If I carry out a PowerShell file, PowerShell closes instantly. I already set the Execution Policy to unrestricted. How do I solve this problem. Please help.Thank youFelix...
  5. Powershell file closes instantly

Powershell file closes instantly: Hello, I have a problem. If I carry out a PowerShell file, PowerShell closes instantly. I already set the Execution Policy to unrestricted. How do I solve this problem. Please help.Thank youFelix...
  6. Powershell file closes instantly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Installing PowerShell 7-x64.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing PowerShell 7-x64.: The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-powershell-7-x64/6d1d6de6-1b6f-44df-a221-9eedc66632c1
  8. Installing PowerShell 7-x64.

Installing PowerShell 7-x64.: The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-powershell-7-x64/6d1d6de6-1b6f-44df-a221-9eedc66632c1
  9. Why does typing diskpart on cmd and PowerShell not continue and show what should have seen?

Why does typing diskpart on cmd and PowerShell not continue and show what should have seen?: I accidentally removed the USB stick while in a command "clean". I know it's corrupted so I tried to fix it by formatting or removing it entirely since it has no files within the USB. Tried multiple applications till I found some applications that can actually read the USB...
  10. Newbie to PowerShell (need step by step assistance from a guru)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Newbie to PowerShell (need step by step assistance from a guru): I am an IT admin at my company but I have never used PowerShell and I have no clue where to begin. I’m hoping someone smart out there could help me, maybe even do a remote session to show me the ropes some weekend. I need to run some reports. 1) Need a report showing all...