Windows 10: Any PROVEN way to reconnect of Mapp Drives on wakeup/startup/restart

Discus and support Any PROVEN way to reconnect of Mapp Drives on wakeup/startup/restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; anyone know a fix for this? Microsoft doesn't. on my windows 10 systems [three of four], all Windows 10 HOme x64, we have shared resources mapped from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cognus, Sep 26, 2016.

1. cognus Win User

Any PROVEN way to reconnect of Mapp Drives on wakeup/startup/restart

anyone know a fix for this? Microsoft doesn't.
    on my windows 10 systems [three of four], all Windows 10 HOme x64, we have shared resources mapped from a windows 10 Pro machine acting as server. everything works fine except that the connection will not be present after the client sleeps or restarts or whatever. Red X through the shared mapped drives. any accessing of the resource manually invoked will immediately re-establish the connection.

I saw an interesting tutorial that claims to solve this by adding a registry key to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System . Problem is, there is no such group on my registry. Is this because there is no Group Policy Editor feature on Home edition?
    tutorial here: Fix: - YouTube

is there a way to get happiness here? the huge downside to this ongoing problem [since xp days] is automated backups... the one I use, Macrium, will not awaken the resource: it sees the 'drive' as unavailable and errors out. *really

pls clue me in

:)

cognus, Sep 26, 2016
  2. MacLingo Win User

Interrupt or Signal on Waking Up

I'd like to be able to run a process on "Wakeup Startup" in the same way as on "Login Startup".

Is there anyway to trigger this?

Thanks, Mac

MacLingo, Sep 26, 2016
  3. andrewnok Win User
    Domande principali relative ai dispositivi Nseries - parti da qui

Ho notate che sul mio dispositivo Nokia C7 le mappe sono aggiornate, però quando vado sul siti Here trovo mappe differenti ancora più aggiornate rispetto quelle del.mio cel. Perchè le mappe sul sito Nokia Here non sono le stesse del mio Nokia Mappe su C7??

andrewnok, Sep 26, 2016
  4. cognus Win User

cognus, Oct 18, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    So are you telling us how to fix your problem, even though it is in the tutorials for those who need the info? If you have solved your problem on your own, you need to mark the thread as solved.

bro67, Oct 18, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
  7. cognus Win User
    I'm impressed, Kari. I have 3 systems using a common share [all 4 windows 10], and all 3 "clients" have the resources mapped that way and all will dismiss the connection when idle a long time [I don't know the interval.]
    Actually, Windows 10 production versions do default "Reconnect" active.. on. so one would have to deliberately UNcheck to miss it.
    Bro - that particular thread actually has several different scenarios being described without aid of common terms - So it is easy for people to assume the other contributors are talking about the same behavior but .. not so. for instance some are speaking of drives that simply disappear, as though the mapping was dropped altogether, while others are speaking of 'disconnected' resources [timed out].

The simple at-startup script approach does make the drive live just after logon but it will still drop when idle for some period of time. [and, I like to leave such links for future fellow-travelers who are searching the issue before posting. the threads can help a lot]

I'm trying out the map-as-internet-resource suggested by one person. all my test-dummy systems busy for now so will watch over the next 48 hours or so as they go un-busy.

for others with a Server/workstation arrangements [i.e. SBS2011 & win10 workstations] in play and policies thereof, this thread discusses such. The group policy edit seems to have some converts in some situations. that is not what I'm dealing with but others vary

cognus, Oct 18, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

cognus if you have solved this issue, you need to mark it as such. The information you are pointing out is already in a Tutorial on this site.

bro67, Oct 19, 2016
  9. Bree New Member
    @cognus, you are looking at the wrong end of the connection - the clients. It is not any of your three W10 Home systems that are dropping the connection. It is your W10 Pro server. This is by design to stop servers wasting resources on connections that are unlikely to ever be used again. You can configure your server to never drop connections, apparently.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Any PROVEN way to reconnect of Mapp Drives on wakeup/startup/restart - Similar Threads - PROVEN reconnect Mapp

2. Is there any way to reconnect a bluetooth controller that is already paired without...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there any way to reconnect a bluetooth controller that is already paired without...: I have a controller paired to my Windows 10 PC, and everytime I want to connect my controller, I have to directly remove the bluetooth device and add it again in order to use it. Back in Windows 8, when I had a controller paired, all I had to do was turn it on and it would...
  3. Is there any way to fix temporary profile on startup?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Is there any way to fix temporary profile on startup?: Hello everyone! After several times of restarting my PC to defrag my disk space my computer says I've logged in with a temporary profile. I've tried everything and I don't know what to do. Can anyone provide a solution? Any solution is greatly appreciated, thank you! EDIT:...
  4. Reconnect Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reconnect Drive: I have to reconnect my drive I look how to fix it but here is a pretty bad problem I don't know where that drive is so I can't do anything about it does anyone have suggestions...
  5. Any way to stop CHKDSK at Startup? (W10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to stop CHKDSK at Startup? (W10): Is there a way to stop the progression of chkdsk at Stage4 while it's already running at startup? (was scheduled via Administrator CMD) ... didn't expect it to take 11 hours to complete, and I no longer think I need to do it. Any ideas? submitted by /u/Corp-Por [link]...
  6. USB Drives don't wakeup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Drives don't wakeup: I have 2 usb drives attached to a windows 10 machine and after the computer goes into power save mode and the drives power down, the USB drives don't wake up and seem to be disconected unless they are unpluged and plugged back in or the computer is rebooted. All updates have...
  7. USB Drives don't wakeup

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Drives don't wakeup: I have 2 usb drives attached to a windows 10 machine and after the computer goes into power save mode and the drives power down, the USB drives don't wake up and seem to be disconected unless they are unpluged and plugged back in or the computer is rebooted. All updates have...
  8. 3 Proven Ways to Activate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    3 Proven Ways to Activate Windows 10: According to this article, there are three ways to activate Windows 10, even "without the help of any software or Keys." 121859
  9. Reconnect a drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reconnect a drive: Windows keeps telling me to reconnect a file history drive. I have no idea what drive it is talking about. I think I am getting very close to formatting drive c: *Sad 112477
  10. Startup vs wakeup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup vs wakeup: A question for you guru's. I have my lockscreen background set to Windows spotlight. (I like their pictures ok? *Smile ). When I put my laptop to sleep and wake it up (like moving work from work to home) I have the windows spotlight picture when it wakes up. This is exactly...