Windows 10: Any Recommendations on a Good Ant-Malware Program

Discus and support Any Recommendations on a Good Ant-Malware Program in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good Day Gentlemen I am in need of a good anti malware program paid version what will suit me for windows 10 home 64 I already have anti... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ethelwulf, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Ethelwulf Win User

Any Recommendations on a Good Ant-Malware Program

Good Day

Gentlemen

I am in need of a good anti malware program paid version what will suit me for windows 10 home 64

I already have anti virus so No need for a full package just anti malware

What is special in 2016 or what are you guys using ?

many thanks

:)

Ethelwulf, Aug 10, 2016

2. Windows Defender and Spybot/Malawarebytes

I just updated to 10, and cannot turn on Defender. Is it possible that my ant-malware programs are preventing this? Does Defender perform the same functions as Spybot, etc? Thanks.

MichaelPKramer, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Ken Blake Win User
    Virus

Several points:

1. Avast is a good choice of an anti-virus program, but it mostly checks for viruses, not all other forms of malware.

2. You should not run *any* malware programs. What you should run are ANTI-malware programs. <g>

3. I recommend adding the free MalwareBytes AntiMalware to your arsenal. It checks for malware that Avast doesn't.

4. Your computer is *probably* safe, but you can never be completely sure. No anti-malware program can be perfect. Even if it were perfect today, no malware will be hitting the streets very soon. Although your anti-malware programs may be updated to catch
    the new viruses and other kinds of malware, it takes time for them to update it, and you are vulnerable to the new threats until you get the update.

Ken Blake, Aug 10, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Most people here recommend using malwarebytes free, and doing regular scans offline. If you want it to be active online, you need to pay for it.

The best protection against malware is to make regular image backups.

cereberus, Aug 10, 2016
  5. Ethelwulf Win User
    Thanks for the reply
    I am using malwarebytes free Just been using it for 2 days and i want to get it .

But still looking around
    Any other recommendations ?

Ethelwulf, Aug 10, 2016
  6. TairikuOkami, Aug 10, 2016
  7. Dropbox Win User
    Emsisoft Anti-Malware, a good program what uses the database of Bitdefender and the database of his own. It's 39,95 for the first year and will get cheaper every year. After 6 years you only pay 15€. There is also a version with a Firewall for 49,95. Emsisoft Internet Security.

You can test both 30 days for free, for you Emsisoft Anti-Malware is a good choice. Any Recommendations on a Good Ant-Malware Program :)

Dropbox, Aug 10, 2016
  8. Ethelwulf Win User

Thanks Are you using it ?

I was looking at Hitman But because I never used it before didnt know what to do

Ethelwulf, Aug 10, 2016
  9. Ethelwulf Win User
    You are correct on this it is very good I have tried it for a few days then there was a small conflict between my antivirus and EMSOSFT with out taking the time to troubleshoot I just uninstalled it

thank you

Ethelwulf, Aug 10, 2016
  10. TairikuOkami, Aug 10, 2016
  11. Dropbox Win User
    No need to use an other AV with Emsisoft. *Wink

Dropbox, Aug 10, 2016
  12. Ethelwulf Win User
    Ethelwulf, Aug 10, 2016
  13. Any Recommendations on a Good Ant-Malware Program

To stay with "apples and apples" comparisons....

MBAE (Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit) and HitmanPro Alert are ANTI-EXPLOIT applications.
    They provide complementary protection alongside anti-virus and anti-malware applications.

MBAM (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware) and Emsisoft Anti-Malware are both ANTI-MALWARE applications.
    However, EAM is ALSO an antivirus, but MBAM is not.
    And MBAM Free is only a manual, on-demand scanner -- it does not provide real-time protection.
    MBAM Premium and EAM are both paid products.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 10, 2016
  14. Ethelwulf Win User
    Thanks MoxieMomma

I have narrowed it down to these 2

Emsisoft Anti-Malware or Hitman pro 3 alert Im just not interasted in MBAM although many say its good But it is just Not in my Interest

Ethelwulf, Aug 10, 2016
  15. That's an apple.
    It's an anti-virus + anti-malware program.
    If you already have another anti-virus (WD or a 3rd-party AV), you will need to uninstall that other AV.
    Otherwise you will have 2 installed AVs, and that is not a good idea.

That's an orange.
    It's a specialized anti-exploit tool to run alongside an anti-virus & anti-malware program.
    It does not replace an anti-virus.
    If you use this, you will still need a robust anti-virus, either free or paid.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 10, 2016
Thema:

1. Any Recommendations on a Good Ant-Malware Program - Similar Threads - Recommendations Ant Malware

2. Good Photoshop program?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Good Photoshop program?: Hi, I am looking for a good Photoshop program that is similar to paint and costs nothing! Gutes Photoshop Programm?
  3. Are there any anti-telemetry programs that anyone can recommend?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are there any anti-telemetry programs that anyone can recommend?: Title. I know of quite a few but ShutUp10 edits the registry or something because after I use it and when I check group policy settings there are no policy changes. So in short I don't trust it because it technically doesn't show what it's doing. What I'm looking for are...
  4. Recommendations for a good virtual machine for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Recommendations for a good virtual machine for Windows 10?: As the title says, does anyone have a good recommendation for a virtual machine? I'd like to install a second OS (Raspberry Pi Debian to be exact) and I don't want to have to mess with a dual boot. I have 20 GB of RAM so that shouldn't be a problem memory wise. 132835
  5. Recommendations for a good virtual machine for Windows 10?

Recommendations for a good virtual machine for Windows 10?: As the title says, does anyone have a good recommendation for a virtual machine? I'd like to install a second OS (Raspberry Pi Debian to be exact) and I don't want to have to mess with a dual boot. I have 20 GB of RAM so that shouldn't be a problem memory wise. 132835
  6. Are these programs malware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Are these programs malware?: I installed an app which also installed a bunch of sketchy software, most of which I removed. However, there is one very suspicious program constantly running in the background, which seems to be opening Yahoo search every time I do a Google search (this stops when I close...
  7. A good email program

in Browsers and Email
    A good email program: I have used MS Office and office out look for many years. But it seems that Outlook , like the Ol' Gray Mare just ain't what she used to be. I'm having problems with it and would like to change. Does any one know of a good one to use.? I also have used gmail but I would...
  8. Recommend a good Aero-Snap Program

Recommend a good Aero-Snap Program: Preferably freeware. Looking for something that allows for more customization than the native Win10 Snap feature allows. Maybe pre-defining certain zones, or being able to snap to 25% width/height as well as the default 50%? Anyone have any personal recommendations? 86084
  9. fixmestick is it any good

fixmestick is it any good: Is this a viable program to use? A friend of mine uses it and swears by it. I personally am not sure if I want to try it. 75863
  10. Is FreedomPop any good?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is FreedomPop any good?: Hi folks, Has anyone used FreedomPop? Is it actually free, or do you have to pay after so many months? Thanks for any info. *Smile -Chuck 4529