Windows 10: Any router interface that allows me to disable it at certain times?

Discus and support Any router interface that allows me to disable it at certain times? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i want it to go dark at night no need to be radiated by the wifi at sleep! i looked at different interfaces on youtube cant find one iv'e looked at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OxtailSnail, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Any router interface that allows me to disable it at certain times?

i want it to go dark at night no need to be radiated by the wifi at sleep! i looked at different interfaces on youtube cant find one iv'e looked at asus,tp-link,netgear,syslink,zyxel. nothing that allows me to disable whole wifi during specific times. any help would be appreciated! digged through some more videos a

apparently netgear supports it... and tplink hmm guess i was just bad at looking *Confused will check the rest aswell

:)

OxtailSnail, Jun 20, 2017

2. Win 10: DNS resolution of remote network via VPN connection not working

It is also not related to Teredo, 6to4 or isatap. I disabled all three by running:

netsh interface ipv6 isatap set state disabled

netsh interface ipv6 6to4 set state disabled

netsh interface isatap set state disabled

netsh interface 6to4 set state disabled

netsh interface teredo set state disabled

I do have native IPv6 from my ISP and in my (ISP provided) router.

My company is using IPv4 only.

Steven De Kock, Jun 20, 2017
  3. I don't see the icon that allows me to reserve my copy of windows 10. Need help please.

I read some posts that said that i needed to update some stuff so i did but some of the updates keep failing and i don't know what to do about them. Can they be the reason why i can't see the icon or is it something completely different. Please help me.

This is a screenshot of the updates that failed.

Any router interface that allows me to disable it at certain times? [​IMG]

CoreyAgius, Jun 20, 2017
  4. Any router interface that allows me to disable it at certain times?

Hi OxtailSnail.

What I suggest is look for a router and then look at the manual. Since most are PDF's you can use word search to look for specific sections. I would search the word schedule.

I have a netgear, it has the capabilities you are looking for. Page 81 of this link. That is not to say all Netgear routers have this.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/fil...UM_18Jun12.pdf

Looking at the R6400 manual using the process above it also has also capability on page 124.

Now if you are going to shut off wireless and don't have the need for any other Internet access you could buy a timer and shut the whole thing down. No point in having unit powered on if nothing is connected. Cheaper and very Green.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 21, 2017
  5. Router produces the most radiation when in use, when you do not use it, it is basically in a standby mode. Surrounding WiFi networks being used around you are more concerning than your router at that time.

TairikuOkami, Jun 21, 2017
  6. Helmut Win User
    The radiation is nowhere near any dangerous level, there is a limit to the ERP allowed. Your neighbour's WAP may have a stronger signal in parts of your house.
    The Wireless Card in your PC/Laptop will be closer and have a stronger field.

Using a Netgear D6400-100UKS (UK model) now.
    If I go to the usual Web interface > Advanced Tab > Advanced Setup > Wireless Settings > Turn off wireless signal by schedule.
    So it's there should you want to use it. You will have to look up the specific box you have in mind.

Helmut, Jun 21, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    You receive more radiation when outside and the Sun is shining, than you do with radio waves around you all day long. Power Lines also produce a radio frequency as it travels through the wiring. Ham radio operators have found when close to an airport or where there is a Doppler Radar, those produce a lot more radio waves than a router does, which is actually less than a FRS radio produces or your car stereo may receive when sitting in your vehicle as radio waves across the spectrum surround you, but do not pass through you because of how radio waves work and actually go around you like a stone protruding above water.

I spent over three years on a Navy ship with radar and everything around us, including waveguides passing right through the shop that I worked in. No third arm or second head from all of that radiation. Same as the countless numbers of x-ray's, CAT scans, MRI's that I have had.

bro67, Jun 22, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

Any router interface that allows me to disable it at certain times?

The only reason that some people want to disable Wifi is if they do not want people in the house using it. All wifi radios will actually go to a low power level when no radio beacons from devices do not respond.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Any router interface that allows me to disable it at certain times?

1. Any router interface that allows me to disable it at certain times? - Similar Threads - router interface allows

2. Ethernet disable at a certain time HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disable at a certain time HELP: My Ethernet disconnect “it’s not the wifi not working or something” basically my Ethernet disable at 9pm and turns back on at 7am. I would like to know if there’s way to solve this. This been daily for the past 2 weeks, and I have no idea how to fix it? Or why does it...
  3. Ethernet disable at a certain time HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet disable at a certain time HELP: My Ethernet disconnect “it’s not the wifi not working or something” basically my Ethernet disable at 9pm and turns back on at 7am. I would like to know if there’s way to solve this. This been daily for the past 2 weeks, and I have no idea how to fix it? Or why does it...
  4. Ethernet disable at a certain time HELP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows security isn't allowing me to use certain functions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security isn't allowing me to use certain functions.: Hi support,When I try to use Windows Security to allow an app Mozilla Firefox through the firewall, the option to do so is greyed out and cannot be clicked. What's going on with this?...
  6. Windows security isn't allowing me to use certain functions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows security isn't allowing me to use certain functions.: Hi support,When I try to use Windows Security to allow an app Mozilla Firefox through the firewall, the option to do so is greyed out and cannot be clicked. What's going on with this?...
  7. Windows security isn't allowing me to use certain functions.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows 10 Won't Allow Me To Disable Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Won't Allow Me To Disable Touchpad: Hi. I got this computer as an early Christmas present about a year and a half ago. I'm only sixteen so this is my first personal computer that isn't a school assigned chromebook. I wanted to disable my touchpad as it gets in the way and I prefer using a USB mouse. When I...
  9. Is there any way to disable certain cameras for certain applications?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there any way to disable certain cameras for certain applications?: An example is only using OBS virtual camera on chrome while my regular webcam is disabled but OBS will be using that webcam for the virtual webcam. Can I do that?...
  10. Time limit on Pc or allow pc to use for certain hours.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Time limit on Pc or allow pc to use for certain hours.: HI. I am not sure if similar post exist b4. So my question is I want to set time or timer that Windows log out after few hours use of PC or set time like no use of pc more than 10 PM With admin access. I know that If I make standard or Kid account may do it. But I want it in...