Windows 10: Any script/app to remove OOB apps?

Discus and support Any script/app to remove OOB apps? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I use Windows 10 on several desktops where I do not need or want the built-in Metro or UWP apps. Some of them can be uninstalled and others... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by muzicman82, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Any script/app to remove OOB apps?

Hi all,

I use Windows 10 on several desktops where I do not need or want the built-in Metro or UWP apps. Some of them can be uninstalled and others the Uninstall option is greyed out.

Is there a script (maybe PowerShell?) that removes all or specific bloat?

Looking at Task Manager, I still see the following which are questionable whether they should be running in the background:
    -Store
    -Cortana
    -Cortana Background Task Host

Pretty much if I go to the Task Manager App History tab, I have no need for any of the apps listed there.

:)

muzicman82, Mar 2, 2017
  2. JonW2016 Win User

Windows 10 Update breaks Sysprep?

I am attempting to image a Dell E7470 with Sysprep to upload to my WDS server.

When I run Sysprep /oobe / shutdown, it completes. However, without Generalize, I won't be able to upload it or deploy it.

When I run Sysprep /oobe /generalize / shutdown, it reports that a fatal error has occurred. The setupact.log lists that the Miracastview app cannot be removed.

I have attempted the Remove-appxpackage commands, but it states that it has been provisioned for the user but not all users. It says to attempt removal with Add / Remove Windows features, but it is not listed there.

I have tried the steps in

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...w-cause-sysprep-error-windows-10-version-1709

but none of this has worked either.

I guess the answer is to not run any Windows updates before Sysprep and avoid 1709? It appears to be bad news.

Anybody else encounter this? Any other solutions available?

JonW2016, Mar 2, 2017
  3. Dragonmania Legends not starting after splash screen, how to de-register & repair w/ PowerShell?

Thanks, that powershell script may prove helpful further down the line with other misbehaving apps but it did not solve this issue w/ Dragon Mania Legends.

I first ran your repair script and rebooted but Dragon Mania sill went to Ubisoft splash screen and then back to start screen.

I uninstalled the app, then went into users\xx\apps\packages and removed any reference to Dragon Mania and ran the script again just to be safe.

Still no go. Multiple uninstalls and re-installs coupled with the script didn't help. Any other hints? Thanks -

johnhardyiv, Mar 2, 2017
  4. Any script/app to remove OOB apps?

Caledon Ken, Mar 2, 2017
Thema:

Any script/app to remove OOB apps?

1. Any script/app to remove OOB apps? - Similar Threads - script app remove

2. on any app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    on any app: i am getting this issue please guide me urgently, The install of C : \ Users \ msidd \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ uttAE9B.tmp failed . Signer certificate mismatch i am getting this answer how to stop...
  3. on any app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    on any app: i am getting this issue please guide me urgently, The install of C : \ Users \ msidd \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ uttAE9B.tmp failed . Signer certificate mismatch i am getting this answer how to stop...
  4. on any app

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Getting OOBE but our apps are not being installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting OOBE but our apps are not being installed: I have a Dynamic group that assigns membership based on GroupTag so when we import devices we useGet-WindowsAutoPilotInfo -GroupTag "<>" -OnlineThis imports devices successfully When assigning a laptop to someone we turn the device on. Get the Company OOBE wallpaper etc and...
  6. Getting OOBE but our apps are not being installed

Getting OOBE but our apps are not being installed: I have a Dynamic group that assigns membership based on GroupTag so when we import devices we useGet-WindowsAutoPilotInfo -GroupTag "<>" -OnlineThis imports devices successfully When assigning a laptop to someone we turn the device on. Get the Company OOBE wallpaper etc and...
  7. Getting OOBE but our apps are not being installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Customise OS with PowerShell script to remove ALL Apps.

Customise OS with PowerShell script to remove ALL Apps.: I have been playing around with customising an Win 10 Pro ISO for installation. I basically want to get rid of pretty much ALL the Apps besides about three. For customisation, I have tried out WinReducer, MSMG, and WinToolkit, all of which allowed various levels of...
  9. Removing apps

Removing apps: How can I remove apps I';; never use and don't want, such as voice recorder from Win10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-apps/d2e42a43-5e90-431d-9593-cfadf3eccdd7
  10. Remove App

Remove App: I know how to unpin an app icon from the start screen, but how do you delete it from the menu list or your account? 18896