Windows 10: Any tools to diagnose PC

Discus and support Any tools to diagnose PC in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello Is there any tool available to diagnose Win 10 and PC behavior. System is erratic and sometime very slow. Last boot, I had access to Chrome,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by arjfca, Oct 25, 2015.

1. arjfca Win User

Any tools to diagnose PC

Hello

Is there any tool available to diagnose Win 10 and PC behavior. System is erratic and sometime very slow. Last boot, I had access to Chrome, but the desktop , task bar and start button where unavailable for at least 5 minutes. And even after that respond to an asked task provide enough time to start a coffee

I did the SFC /Scannow. No problem reported

Martin

:)

arjfca, Oct 25, 2015
  2. any-pc Win User

'BTTRAYCE' is not a valid Pocket PC application

This Fix also works on the HTC HD2. (HTC Leo)

Although I could not delete \Windows\BtCoreIf.dll

but it did rename and fixed all the issues.

Errors that show up are after installing TOM TOM 7.

On Restart.

BTTrayCE is not a valid Pocket PC application

When trying to open Bluetooth

BTManager is not a valid Pocket PC application

and for info on HTC HD2, GPS PORT is COM 4.

Great Post

Many Thanks

any-pc, Oct 25, 2015
  3. John Ado Win User
    Microsoft Management Console

Hi GuyHAR,

To help you with this, run the System File Checker tool to diagnose any corrupted system files. Here's how. Restart your PC after the scan.

Share with us the results.

Best.

John Ado, Oct 25, 2015
  4. cognus Win User

Any tools to diagnose PC

i think sfc /scannow is the microsoft placebo: whenever a user asks a question, send them on "go fetch" missions and report back .....
    like 'clean boot'.
    my guess is DWM [desktop window manager] is taking a long time to come up because something is hogging resources - disk, or cpu, or memory. disk would be my first guess of the lot.
    is this a new install or new upgrade?
    have you checked device manager for any yellow ! marks on device drivers?

I wish someone would show me how to start resource monitor and/or Task Manager in Startup files, that is automatically. Not knowing that, as fast as you can at first sign of desktop take a look at Task Manager, full detail, disk activity and see if it is pegging 100% for like 3 minutes? not uncommon in Win10-world

cognus, Oct 25, 2015
  5. arjfca Win User
    Cognus, you could have access to the resource monitor using CTRL ALT DELETE combination

Martin

arjfca, Oct 25, 2015
  6. arjfca Win User
    Resource show that the C drive is used at 100%

C is an SSD drive

Martin

arjfca, Oct 25, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Click on the 100% and it should show you what uses the most resource.

8. acmanten Win User

Any tools to diagnose PC

I started using MalwareBytes about one month ago, and it realyl help to make my desktop start a lot faster after bootup.
    It was taking way to long... and after MWB ok. After that I also added a new Samsung 500GB SSD, and also did a Clean 10 load, and faster, faster... Now from cold. turnon- reboot to MS login in 22 seconds...... and I am really happy about that.
    All be safe. Cliff M.

acmanten, Oct 25, 2015
  9. arjfca Win User
    Thanks Cliff for your input

I do execute Malware byte very often. Still done it this morning. Problem doesn't seem to be related to an external application

Martin

arjfca, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Any tools to diagnose PC

1. Any tools to diagnose PC - Similar Threads - tools diagnose

2. Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error: When I go into the snipping tool settings and turn on Automatically save screenshots, when I create a screenshot I receive the below error: Since last MS update is this feature now broken? Running Windows 11 version 23H2 Os Build 22631.3447...
  3. Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error: When I go into the snipping tool settings and turn on Automatically save screenshots, when I create a screenshot I receive the below error: Since last MS update is this feature now broken? Running Windows 11 version 23H2 Os Build 22631.3447...
  4. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....: Hi guysSo, I basically downloaded the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool from the Windows 11 download site. I ran it and selected an 8GB USB stick 2.0 as the device that should be made into a bootable USB flash drive. It fully downloaded Windows 11 and then started creating......
  5. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....

Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....: Hi guysSo, I basically downloaded the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool from the Windows 11 download site. I ran it and selected an 8GB USB stick 2.0 as the device that should be made into a bootable USB flash drive. It fully downloaded Windows 11 and then started creating......
  6. the ruler in Snipping tool disappeared recently. It was a very helpful tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the ruler in Snipping tool disappeared recently. It was a very helpful tool: How can i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-ruler-in-snipping-tool-disappeared-recently-it/5c1b5cec-c51f-4d64-9987-4b6dad96d53d
  7. the ruler in Snipping tool disappeared recently. It was a very helpful tool

the ruler in Snipping tool disappeared recently. It was a very helpful tool: How can i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-ruler-in-snipping-tool-disappeared-recently-it/5c1b5cec-c51f-4d64-9987-4b6dad96d53d
  8. Diagnosing your laptop/reboot loop. How to use Windows 10 installation media tool and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Diagnosing your laptop/reboot loop. How to use Windows 10 installation media tool and...: Dear all, my father's laptop has been in a "Diagnosing your PC" loop for days. After turning the laptop on, a blue screen and error message appears. Neither repairing, nor restoring, nor restarting the laptop has worked. We also tried trying to run commands: bootrec...
  9. Tools to diagnose wifi speed issues?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tools to diagnose wifi speed issues?: I'm looking for a Windows desktop tool to watch internet signal and wifi radio quality over time. I live in semi rural Maryland using Comcast as my ISP. Fiber runs to a node about a mile away, and cable on poles is strung throughout the "neighborhood". A pole across the...
  10. PC won't wake up: Best tool to diagnose

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't wake up: Best tool to diagnose: Hello Problem keep going on and off. PC won't wake up from the sleep mode. The only way restart is to use the reset button or worst, power down the PC I searched all over the net and tried a multitude of proposed solutions. Still the same problem. Any tool that I could use...