Windows 10: Any Users (Canadians?) of Canadian 'English' Windows 10 Home on here?

Discus and support Any Users (Canadians?) of Canadian 'English' Windows 10 Home on here? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is anyone here using the Canadian 'English' version of W10 Home? As an Englishman, living in Italy, I'm blowed if I'm going to pay over the odds for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tommygunn, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Tommygunn Win User

Any Users (Canadians?) of Canadian 'English' Windows 10 Home on here?

Is anyone here using the Canadian 'English' version of W10 Home? As an Englishman, living in Italy, I'm blowed if I'm going to pay over the odds for a UK version of W10H so I was wondering how similar the Canadian version was to British English/UK W10 version.
    I'm concerned about spelling, date formats etc.

Cheers,
    Tom.

:)

Tommygunn, Sep 24, 2017

2. Why has Microsoft not ever added Canadian English to the Windows OS?

Frederik, you have misunderstood what I wrote in the topic post, as I mentioned in it that the English (Canada) option in Windows 10 (and other Microsoft software) is actually English (US), only labelled as being Canadian English, while not recognizing the
    Canadian spelling for words:

"The Windows 10 Canadian English is actually USA English, spell-checking to color (USA spelling) instead of colour (Canadian spelling), neighbor (USA spelling) instead of neighbour (Canadian spelling), liter (USA spelling) instead of litre (Canadian spelling),
    center (USA spelling) instead of centre (Canadian spelling), etc..."

Think of it as if you selected English (US) in Windows, but everything showed up as Japanese - which obviously isn't English (US).

The Canadian English language option in Windows should represent Canadian English, or otherwise be removed from the list of languages, since it currently has nothing to do with Canadian English, and only serves to create conflict between a person's writing
    and usage intentions, and the OS' recognition.

"That's a heavy mandate, to speak on behalf of all Canadians . . ."

It's easy enough to manage, since all born-Canadians have the Canadian version of English (or French) as their language, and must use the Canadian version of English in school and where professional writing is required.

Delicieuxz, Sep 24, 2017
  3. UnTroll Win User
    User accounts, PIN login & Account Settings not working anymore in Windows 10 Build 14316

Maybe a hint for you, in the Feedback Hub (French Canadian version), there is a lot of comments about this bug but strangely, in the Feedback Hub (English Canadian version), the error is signalated but not as much as in the French Canadian version.

Maybe the problem is present only in French Canadian version of Windows?

UnTroll, Sep 24, 2017
  4. Any Users (Canadians?) of Canadian 'English' Windows 10 Home on here?

You can run the Media Creation Tool, and select English (United Kingdom) or English (United States). Any language you want really. You may have to remove the checkmark for use recommended settings to get that option. As far as I know product keys are Edition specific, but not language specific. A 10 Home product key can be used to install Home in what ever language you want. As far as I know you could buy an English Canada version and use that key to install English UK or English US. Just don't use the install media that comes with it, make your own in the language you want.
    Run the tool, https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/soft...load/windows10 and use the create install media for another PC option.

I've selected English (Canada) in the past and some keys on my keyboard give the French equivalent. Letters with symbols added etc. I ended up switching back to English US.

alphanumeric, Sep 25, 2017
  5. Tommygunn Win User
    Thanks for the reply. Do you know if I would be able to select English whatever but also be able to select Italian for the keyboard layout?

Tom.

Tommygunn, Sep 25, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    How do you propose to buy the Canadian version - MS normally restrict purchases to credit cards from that country to prevent people doing what you want i.e. you can only buy a licence applicable to country of credit card. Getting credit card for a different country is normally impossible if you do not have residency in that country.

A much cheaper option is to buy an old windows 7/8 licence on line (but risky to a degree) and use that to activate UK version, nd add an itallin keyboard.

cereberus, Sep 25, 2017
  7. alphanumeric, Sep 25, 2017
  8. Tommygunn Win User

Cereberus,
    If that's the case then I suppose I'm screwed and I'll have to stump up the extra £30.

Tom.

Tommygunn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Any Users (Canadians?) of Canadian 'English' Windows 10 Home on here? - Similar Threads - Users Canadians Canadian

2. Canadian turbo tax 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canadian turbo tax 2023: turbo tax 2023 for Canadian taxes running very slow on updated new windows 11 computer. Everything else good just having issues with turbo tax. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canadian-turbo-tax-2023/a1d9defc-0594-4d65-9d41-842cb66622e2
  3. Canadian English not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canadian English not recognized: I have my language settings configured for Canadian English, but when I compose email, spellings such as "neighbourhood" are still getting the red wavy underline. What else can I do?...
  4. Canadian English not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canadian English not recognized: I have my language settings configured for Canadian English, but when I compose email, spellings such as "neighbourhood" are still getting the red wavy underline. What else can I do?...
  5. Remove Canadian Multilingual Standard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Canadian Multilingual Standard: I just got a new PC and Windows 11 and cannot remove the Canadian Multilingual Standard, and I can't handle my question marks becoming É anymore. I've gone all over the language and keyboard settings. There is no option I can find to remove this keyboard. Under preferred...
  6. Remove Canadian Multilingual Standard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Canadian Multilingual Standard: I just got a new PC and Windows 11 and cannot remove the Canadian Multilingual Standard, and I can't handle my question marks becoming É anymore. I've gone all over the language and keyboard settings. There is no option I can find to remove this keyboard. Under preferred...
  7. French Canadian language keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    French Canadian language keyboard: As of Windows 11, I no longer have the Canadian Multilingual keyboard.It appears to be replaced with something called the French Canadian keyboard. BUT!When using the on screen so-called „soft“ keyboard, it appears to be the Canadian Intermediate keyboard – but – when...
  8. Accents on French Canadian Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accents on French Canadian Keyboard: Hello! I've started using the French Canadian keyboard setup on my standard keyboard because I'm writing in French more and more. My only problem is that everyone says that the ' button second from the right on the caps row should let me then press any letter and get an...
  9. canadian french keyboard missing

in Windows 10 Support
    canadian french keyboard missing: Hi, New computer. I could select the "Canadian French" language for the keyboard. This way I can use the blue characters on my HP omen. Then I restarted, and there was windows updates. Now, "Canadian French" keyboard disapeared ! I can use "French", but the...
  10. Windows 10 Media Installer fix (For Canadians)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Media Installer fix (For Canadians): So I figured out how to actually get the broken Windows 10 Media Installer fixed. Apparently all you have to do is just change your System Locale settings to English(United States).*Doh I was so dumbfounded when, after 3 hours of trying to get the damn thing to work, all I...