Windows 10: Any way of permenently closing the "Search" app?

Discus and support Any way of permenently closing the "Search" app? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Specifically "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy" I do not need this running in the background and it is showing up on Display Fusion's taskbar.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BaconCatBug, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Any way of permenently closing the "Search" app?

Specifically "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy" I do not need this running in the background and it is showing up on Display Fusion's taskbar.

:)

BaconCatBug, Jul 11, 2015

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Jul 11, 2015
  3. fonero Win User
    Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, Jul 11, 2015
  4. Any way of permenently closing the "Search" app?

I dunno about running in background, but it can be disabled from showing on the taskbar by right-clicking the taskbar -> Search -> Disable.

Delicieuxz, Jul 11, 2015
  5. As I said, it is showing up on Display Fusion's taskbar so I am looking for a way of actually turning it off. Unrelated to that, it chews up close to 1% of my CPU cycles a lot of the time and it's just extra crap I don't need running in the background.

BaconCatBug, Jul 11, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Not really, you'd have to disable a bunch of stuff and delete the SearchUI.exe, but you could still use the rundll32 version.

Edwin, Jul 11, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Youtube video that show show:

Ztruker, Jul 11, 2015
  8. GEWB Win User

Any way of permenently closing the "Search" app?

I've tried all of the above but still the Cortana process runs. Do all of the above to "turn off" and hide Cortana, then run Task Manager...you will see Cortana running. Rt-click on Cortana and then End Task. Cortana will close and REOPEN within a second. No way to stop the process.

Regards,

9. Tony K Win User
    Hi there. It's an Insider exclusive test build. I hardly doubt you'll be able to turn it off, for MS wants it and all the features tested if that was your choice upon installation to accept Cortana.

Is it that much of a drain on your resources?

Tony K, Jul 11, 2015
  10. Edwin New Member
    First open Cortana Settings and turn Cortana off.

Go to: "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchUI.exe" and take ownership of SearchUI.exe
    (Full Control Ownership) (leave this folder open as in my screenshot!)

Then open Task Manager/Details, right click on SearchUI.exe and End the Process (1), then quickly right click SearchUI.exe and Delete (2), you have about 2 seconds to do so!

Any way of permenently closing the "Search" app? [​IMG]

Then you can use Rundll32 version:

Any way of permenently closing the "Search" app? [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 11, 2015
  11. Edwin New Member
    HippsieGypsie has a point, please try the aforementioned 'hack' on an experimental basis.
    And, don't empty your Recycle Bin just in case you want to Restore the .exe

Edwin, Jul 11, 2015
  12. GEWB Win User
    Not a drain on system resources - that isn't the issue. As to testing Cortana features, my test is how to get rid of it.

Regards,

13. Tony K Win User

OK. Then I suggest not to agree to it upon installation. *Smile

Tony K, Jul 11, 2015
  14. Cr00zng Win User
    *Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2

That seems like a valid testing for me...

Cr00zng, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Any way of permenently closing the "Search" app? - Similar Threads - permenently closing Search

2. LAG Spike After closing any app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAG Spike After closing any app: So heres the problem, After closing any app or game, even if its calculator I tested , PC starts to spike LAG like every 15 sec. Until Il restart PC, but restarting PC after closing any app starts tk be very annoing, is there a way how to fix it ? In Task Manager when Lag...
  3. LAG Spike After closing any app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAG Spike After closing any app: So heres the problem, After closing any app or game, even if its calculator I tested , PC starts to spike LAG like every 15 sec. Until Il restart PC, but restarting PC after closing any app starts tk be very annoing, is there a way how to fix it ? In Task Manager when Lag...
  4. This randomly happens to search. Any way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This randomly happens to search. Any way to fix it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gabsletobar [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/116sric/this_randomly_happens_to_search_any_way_to_fix_it/
  5. After 5-7sec any app will close

in Windows 10 Customization
    After 5-7sec any app will close: Hi everyone. Something happened with my Win 10, I can`t open any App, after I`m opening something it will close, the browsers are Ok, the Settings menu are Ok, but the apps no. 2 days was the same, I did what I could find online command: sfc/scannow- DISM.exe /Online...
  6. Any way to search music by artist?

Any way to search music by artist?: I'm trying to clean up my music library and want to delete some artists, but I can only search by song title and no results show when I search by artist, surely there's a simple solution for this so I don't have to scroll through thousands of songs cherry picking what I want...
  7. Is there a way to hide the close tab on windows apps?

Is there a way to hide the close tab on windows apps?: Basically our company has an interactive touchscreen which is supposed to run chrome on startup with the company’s website. We don’t want random clients being able to close or minimize the website, so is there a way to stop this? submitted by /u/Pyr0Lover [link]...
  8. Is there any way to get dark mode in Windows Search?

Is there any way to get dark mode in Windows Search?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ElizabethsSongbird [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ji48ox/is_there_any_way_to_get_dark_mode_in_windows/
  9. Search History in folders is no longer deletable in any way.

in Cortana
    Search History in folders is no longer deletable in any way.: I have had an update like 4~5 days ago and ever since the search in folders has the search history permanently there. I am not talking about internet browsers, I am talking about a search in the folder i.e. to find a specific song in the folder with songs. ->> Previously...
  10. Is there any way to fix the photos app?

Is there any way to fix the photos app?: Im a photographer and I also own a Iphone so I import thousands of photos at a time either from my Cameras SD card or from my Iphones camera roll and the lag and constant crashes is ridiculous. If theres no way to fix this whats a good 3rd party app? I would like something...