Windows 10: Any way to change default font used in applications?

Discus and support Any way to change default font used in applications? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I hate MS Sans Serif and many programs use that as the default font for text boxes and labels - including Winaero Tweaker. I have already changed all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by redstang, Aug 13, 2016.

1. redstang Win User

Any way to change default font used in applications?

I hate MS Sans Serif and many programs use that as the default font for text boxes and labels - including Winaero Tweaker. I have already changed all my system fonts using Winaero Tweaker, yet these are still the same. Does anyone know a way to change the default font applications pick up from the system? Or are these fonts hard coded in the applications? I am wondering if I need to try to copy the font file I want to use and replace the MS Sans Serif font file itself.

Attached an image to illustrate.

Any way to change default font used in applications? [​IMG]

(using Windows 10 Pro)

:)

redstang, Aug 13, 2016

2. Change System Font?

Is there any way to change the default font to a custom font for all of my computer?

AzureAkita, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Is There Any Way to Change the Default Subjects in the Calendar?

On the calendar (I'm using a TP2 with 6.5), if you create a new appointment, the drop-down list has a bunch of default subjects like "Meet with," "Lunch," Dinner," etc.

Is there any way to add my own default subjects and maybe remove the ones I'll never use?

Thanks in advance...this would be super useful!!! Remember - This is a public forum so never post private information such as email or phone numbers!

Hamfighter, Aug 13, 2016
  4. Lange666 Win User

It all started with Internet Explorer (i guess 8 or 9) where Microsoft forced his own fonts (Segoe) and you where not able to change them. Before Windows 8 it was still possible to change the fonts within the OS itself.
    But slowly they take away the possibility to changing fonts in other parts of the OS.
    Then since Windows 8 it isn't possible anymore to change the standard fonts directly. You either needed a Tweaker or change the fonts directly in the registry (like icons and menu fonts)
    Since Windows 10 they have gone a step further again. Some of the fonts are still changeable through Tweaker or registry but some can't be changed anymore through either Tweaker or registery, among them are the menu fonts.
    On a hybrid system, Win 8 with a Win 10 upgrade over it, this was still possible.
    One a fresh Win 10 up until now i haven't found a way to change these.... *Sad

I guess the reason behind all this is creating more similarity between the mobile and the desktop Win 10 versions (but i could be wrong).

Lange666, Aug 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Any way to change default font used in applications? - Similar Threads - change default font

2. Changing default font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing default font: Hello: Just want to understand why Windows 10 lacks a basic, simple function to select a different default system font. I see recommendations from Microsoft to use third party procedures and use regedit? Is this really the Microsoft recommended way? After performing a...
  3. any (easy) way to restore default fonts only in Windows font folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    any (easy) way to restore default fonts only in Windows font folder?: My windows 10 (64 bit) font folder is cluttered with fonts from over the years... I now understand that certain font managers can temporarily install fonts which is exactly what i need to do occasionally. Is there an way i can restore only the default windows system fonts in...
  4. any (easy) way to restore default fonts only in Windows font folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    any (easy) way to restore default fonts only in Windows font folder?: My windows 10 (64 bit) font folder is cluttered with fonts from over the years... I now understand that certain font managers can temporarily install fonts which is exactly what i need to do occasionally. Is there an way i can restore only the default windows system fonts in...
  5. Is there any way to change UI font in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to change UI font in Windows 10 ?: Registry updating method is not working for me :/ submitted by /u/bottomtextboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fw6wsj/is_there_any_way_to_change_ui_font_in_windows_10/
  6. Is there a way to restore default fonts or mass delete fonts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to restore default fonts or mass delete fonts?: I've amassed a variety of random fonts over the years and would like to do a clean. Is there a more efficient way to remove the fonts that aren't needed? submitted by /u/apricotTuesday [link] [comments]...
  7. Change default fonts

Change default fonts: Windows 10 Pro 1903 I want to change all my default fonts to Segoe Bold, size 11 I can most of it with Winaero Tweaker, but not the system font. The font substitute category of the registry doesn't have Segoe. I found a site that explained how to to add Segoe to the font...
  8. Unable to Change Sticky Notes Font in Any Way

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Change Sticky Notes Font in Any Way: Is this a new update? I cannot change the font in sticky notes, even by typing in Word or Note Pad, or anywhere else and then copying and pasting into sticky notes. I used to be able to paste other fonts but now it defaults to one font, no matter what font I copied. I need...
  9. Change of default fonts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Change of default fonts: Does anyone know how to fix this font issue? Did a registry edit, tried restoring to default and no luck. Please help. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-of-default-fonts/1b611ef6-f34b-4971-acb6-603be0572999
  10. Changing default font

Changing default font: It seems the default font on this WIndows is Arial and it's really ugly, especially when reading an entire page in Chrome or in any other browser. Tried to change the font in all browsers- no result. It can change only the size- Arial still there. It bugs me that it's...