Windows 10: Any way to disable "special" keyboard buttons?

Discus and support Any way to disable "special" keyboard buttons? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My keyboard is Microsoft All-in-one Media https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/products/keyboards/all-in-one-media-keyboard/n9z-00001... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sulkhan Inaishvili, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Any way to disable "special" keyboard buttons?

My keyboard is Microsoft All-in-one Media

https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/products/keyboards/all-in-one-media-keyboard/n9z-00001

:)

Sulkhan Inaishvili, Jul 24, 2018

2. Any way to disable "special" keyboard buttons?

Hi Sulkhan Inaishvili,

Good to know that you're using a Microsoft keyboard because you can definitely download Mouse and Keyboard Center version 3.2 which helps to modify your mouse and keyboard settings to meet your needs and work style. Visit this link to download
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center.

To complete installing the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center, follow the steps provided on this
    link. Check this article to
    reassign a key
    and access different commands, shortcuts, or Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center features, and make it easier to use the unique features for most of your PC apps.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

MaRoselle Cag, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Any way to disable "special" keyboard buttons?

Disabling Power Button Lockout?

Hello Urkel,

You can press ESC on your keyboard several times to disable the idle screen should you press the power button accidentally. One of the ways to disable the option to turn off your computer using the power button on your keyboard
    is changing its settings in the Control Panel. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button then select Control Panel.
    • On the drop-down menu, select Small category.
    • Click on the Power Options link.
    • On the left pane, click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    • On both drop-down menus, select Do nothing then click on the
      Save changes button.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Any way to disable "special" keyboard buttons?

1. Any way to disable "special" keyboard buttons? - Similar Threads - disable special keyboard

2. Is there any way to disable dx12 or d3d12?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to disable dx12 or d3d12?: Ive been trying to play Titanic Honor and Glory but it keeps saying "DX12 is not supported on your system. Try running without the -dx12 or -d3d12 command line argument.". I use a Windows 10....
  3. Is there a way to disable the emoji button in the onscreen keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to disable the emoji button in the onscreen keyboard?: In Windows 11 in the onscreen keyboard there is a button in the upper left corner with a heart which opens the emoji and gif panel.Is there a way to disable this button? Or maybe even make it disappear?...
  4. Is there a way to disable the emoji button in the onscreen keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to disable the emoji button in the onscreen keyboard?: In Windows 11 in the onscreen keyboard there is a button in the upper left corner with a heart which opens the emoji and gif panel.Is there a way to disable this button? Or maybe even make it disappear?...
  5. Keyboard power button disabling

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard power button disabling: I need a clarification:My desktop's mechanical keyboard has the classic dangerous "power" button, which after X PCs the last 35 years I pressed for the 1st time in my life accidentally 2 times the last days, resulting in annoyance the 1st time and work loss the 2nd. Trying to...
  6. Ways to disable keyboard shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ways to disable keyboard shortcuts?: Just got a pet bird and trying to make my gaming setup more bird friendly. Ordered a wireless mouse to stop cable chewing. Now my keyboard. He runs accross the keyboard hitting random shortcuts to reset webpages etc. Is there a way to remove most keyboard shortcuts? (Razer...
  7. Any way to disable taskbar tooltips?

Any way to disable taskbar tooltips?: Hi, whenever I'm working, taskbar tooltips get in my way if I happen to hover the mouse over the taskbar for a millisecond. It occurs because the software I'm using has buttons I use frequently at the bottom i.e. just above the taskbar. It's quite annoying. Take a look at...
  8. Is there any way to disable the emoji button in the touch keyboard in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there any way to disable the emoji button in the touch keyboard in Windows 10?: I would prefer if I could turn off the emoji option on the touch keyboard since it is really annoying how I always end up tapping it by accident when I am typing with it....
  9. Any way to disable mouse DPI button?

Any way to disable mouse DPI button?: I have a simple mouse with side buttons and a DPI button, it's pretty new but seems to be working strange, can't return it. RMB sometimes triggers the dpi button for some reason, and you've guessed it, the mouse starts getting ultra fast and it's annoying. It doesn't have a...
  10. Any way to disable a controller button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to disable a controller button?: I have a USB connected controller. There is one button on the controller that is faulty and switches itself on when I'm not expecting it. I would like to find a way to disable this particular button. I can see the specific button when I'm in Windows USB game controller...