Windows 10: Any way to hide the All apps list in the AU Start

Discus and support Any way to hide the All apps list in the AU Start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've just installed the AU on test PC and see that the "All apps" list is expanded by default. Is there a way to have it contracted by default? 62853 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pokeefe0001, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Any way to hide the All apps list in the AU Start

I've just installed the AU on test PC and see that the "All apps" list is expanded by default. Is there a way to have it contracted by default?

:)

pokeefe0001, Sep 6, 2016
  2. java7nerd Win User

Hide the "all apps" list

Origonally it was possible to have the list of "all app" on the start menu appear only as a menu on the start menu which when clicked will expand to reveal all installed apps. When not clicked, the list of all app is not displayed. This is good because I
    almost never use the list of all apps, and usually launch my apps from the tiles, and not displaying the all apps list reduces clutter to have the list collapsed by default.

Since the recent Windows 10 Anniversary update, Micrsoft has forced the "all apps" list to be displayed whenever the start menu is up, increasing clutter, and has disabled the ability to revert to the old behaviour. Please put this option back in or provide
    information about some workaround or mod or registry hack that can re-enable the old, less cluttered, behaviour.

java7nerd, Sep 6, 2016
  3. Hide the "all apps" list

Exactly

What greasy smelly spotty virgin nerd approved this

Why do Microsoft insist on changing things and hard coding those changes so we cant choose to run our PC's how we want

The morons who do the UI design at Microsoft now havent a clue

Too many degrees and not enough real world experiance

Because of this I have given Windows the flick once and for all - this was the last straw

It has gone

Totally Mac OS now

If I really need to use SSMS or Visual Studio I will use Windows Server 2008 (not least because they havent **** the network in this so I can actually still connect over a VPN to a SQL Server Instance - unlike in Windows 10)

MRW_Kiwi_Mark_LFC, Sep 6, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Any way to hide the All apps list in the AU Start

Brink, Sep 6, 2016
  5. Thanks, but I think I'll forego that solution. I want the Start popup to be as empty as possible - only those programs I put there - but also as unobtrusive as possible. Full screen isn't exactly unobtrusive.

pokeefe0001, Sep 6, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Any way to hide the All apps list in the AU Start

1. Any way to hide the All apps list in the AU Start - Similar Threads - hide apps list

2. Is there any way to hide the top header/toolbar in the Photos app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to hide the top header/toolbar in the Photos app?: I want to hide the top header/toolbar whichever it is called in the Photos app while I am looking at photos in windowed mode, or at least make it transparent. Is there any way to do this?...
  3. Is there any way to hide the top header/toolbar in the Photos app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to hide the top header/toolbar in the Photos app?: I want to hide the top header/toolbar whichever it is called in the Photos app while I am looking at photos in windowed mode, or at least make it transparent. Is there any way to do this?...
  4. Taskbar not hiding all the way

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not hiding all the way: On my Windows 10 machine, when the taskbar auto-hides it hides mostly but about 3/4 of it is still on the screen. Not just a white line or anything like that. I can't do anything that I know of to fix it. I've tried changing the resolution, restarting Explorer, uninstalling...
  5. Taskbar not hiding all the way

Taskbar not hiding all the way: On my Windows 10 machine, when the taskbar auto-hides it hides mostly but about 3/4 of it is still on the screen. Not just a white line or anything like that. I can't do anything that I know of to fix it. I've tried changing the resolution, restarting Explorer, uninstalling...
  6. Taskbar not hiding all the way

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. is there any way to hide 'top apps' feature on windows 11

is there any way to hide 'top apps' feature on windows 11: is there any way to hide 'top apps' feature on windows 11 21H2 22000.613 cuz it is irritative to me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-hide-top-apps-feature-on/b11ac528-a49e-47fe-83c6-8f7415286d1a
  8. Is there any way of hiding this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way of hiding this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ovelgoose04 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fqcepi/is_there_any_way_of_hiding_this/
  9. Cannot hide app list in Start Menu Windows Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot hide app list in Start Menu Windows Home: My laptop is very new but when I started tinkering around, I found out that I cannot hide app list in start menu. The settings is there, but when I switch off the button and exit settings or go to another screen, the switch turns back to on. Anything I switch in the start...
  10. can not hide app list in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    can not hide app list in start menu: Using windows 10 build 17063 I go to setting > personalization > start, now I off 'Show app list from start menu' But Whenever I exit the start personalization windows or go to other setting it automatic turn on 'Show app list from start menu' So i can not hide app...