Windows 10: Any way to mute Microsoft Edge? It doesn't show up in the Mixer screen

Discus and support Any way to mute Microsoft Edge? It doesn't show up in the Mixer screen in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Howdy, I'm looking for a way that I can completely Mute certain Edge tabs or just Edge in general. When I open up the Sound Mixer, I see various... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Kelemvor, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Kelemvor Win User

Any way to mute Microsoft Edge? It doesn't show up in the Mixer screen

Howdy,

I'm looking for a way that I can completely Mute certain Edge tabs or just Edge in general. When I open up the Sound Mixer, I see various programs that I can mute, Chrome, Firefox, etc but Edge doesn't show up in the list. Is there any other way to mute Edge specifically that anyone knows of?

Thanks.

:)

Kelemvor, Jun 7, 2016

2. Not all programs show up in volume mixer when switching from one output device to another - Windows 10

Hi,

I've tried this, and it did not work. I was wondering if there was a way to get sound to play from both devices, and mute whichever one I didn't want to hear at the time. Is there a way to get programs to play out of more than one audio output?

Thanks

NicholasPuljic, Jun 7, 2016
  3. zojenk Win User
    Microsoft(C) Register Sever Problem

I am having trouble keeping my Plantronics headset from muting voice recording. I can hear people but they can't hear me all the time because once I reset the microphone it reverts back to muted. In the Voice Mixer it shows several Microsoft (C) Register
    Servers with the mic showing muted. When I unmute it and move the sound up it slides back down and no sound is heard then when I go out of the Voice Mixer and go back it shows the mic is muted. I have tried all ways of trying to fix the problem though articles
    on the internet with nothing working. Resetting the headset through the device manager did not hold the mic to an open setting. I used Malewarebytes to see if I had any problems there but there were none. Anyone else having trouble with microphones?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

zojenk, Jun 7, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Do you see Adobe Flash Player ?

CountMike, Jun 9, 2016
  5. Kelemvor Win User
    Kelemvor, Jun 9, 2016
  6. alex07 Win User
    Microsoft Edge now supports feature to mute a tab or multiple tabs. You just need to click on volume icon of audio playing tab. However, this feature has come with preview build (17035) of Windows 10 and not in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. So, this will be a native feature of Microsoft Edge in the next update of Windows 10.
    Source: How To Mute Individual Tabs In Microsoft Edge Browser

alex07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Any way to mute Microsoft Edge? It doesn't show up in the Mixer screen - Similar Threads - mute Microsoft Edge

2. My mixer is not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mixer is not showing up: I need help with my audio, yesterday i can use my mixer just fine but then after the windows update it's not showing up. I tried the Playing Audio troubleshooter but it doesn't help anything, my mixer is not even there....
  3. My mixer is not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mixer is not showing up: I need help with my audio, yesterday i can use my mixer just fine but then after the windows update it's not showing up. I tried the Playing Audio troubleshooter but it doesn't help anything, my mixer is not even there....
  4. My mixer is not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Edge no sound and not showing in volume mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge no sound and not showing in volume mixer: I cant hear any sound from microsoft edge only, it is also not showing in volume mixer. im using win 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-no-sound-and-not-showing-in-volume-mixer/294a351a-6fbc-439a-9bd9-003029421bff
  6. Edge no sound and not showing in volume mixer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge no sound and not showing in volume mixer: I cant hear any sound from microsoft edge only, it is also not showing in volume mixer. im using win 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-no-sound-and-not-showing-in-volume-mixer/294a351a-6fbc-439a-9bd9-003029421bff
  7. Application doesn't show up on voice mixer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Application doesn't show up on voice mixer: Other applications are fine but league of legends does not show up on the voice mixer and doesn't play any sound. (Acer Aspire F15) I've tried deleting and reinstalling the sound driver but it didn't help. submitted by /u/yacnagod [link] [comments]...
  8. App Doesn't Show Up on Sound Mixer

App Doesn't Show Up on Sound Mixer: I'm about to give up on this after spending several hours un/reinstalling audio driver. I even tried reinstalling my Windows 10 X64 Version 1909 (Os Build 18363.592) but to no avail. I've updated my drivers using Snappy Drivers I enabled/disabled "Allow Applications to Take...
  9. Volume Mixer Shows Sound Muting and Unmuting

Volume Mixer Shows Sound Muting and Unmuting: As of recently I've been experiencing some sound problems. At first it showed my volume unmuting and muting very quickly when I wasn't doing anything. I did some troubleshooting and it told me that "opening audio enhancements might help", and gives me an option to open or to...
  10. Volume Mixer not showing muted app

Volume Mixer not showing muted app: Hello! On my PC I've got a game called Banished that I muted once from the Volume Mixer, because I wanted to listen non in-game music instead. So now, when I want to re-enable it - I can't. Why? Because Banished does not show up in the Volume Mixer, meaning I cannot...