Windows 10: Any way to "unlock" T-Mobile US bands: B2, B4, and B12 for Lumia 650?

Discus and support Any way to "unlock" T-Mobile US bands: B2, B4, and B12 for Lumia 650? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a new, unlocked Lumia 650, RM-1152. Unfortunately, I didn't look at the bands it supports for GSM LTE before I purchased it. Will I be able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by secmewiz, Jul 29, 2018.

1. secmewiz Win User

Any way to "unlock" T-Mobile US bands: B2, B4, and B12 for Lumia 650?

I have a new, unlocked Lumia 650, RM-1152. Unfortunately, I didn't look at the bands it supports for GSM LTE before I purchased it. Will I be able to flash the firmware to enable the other bands needed for it to work on T-Mobile (Bands 2, ,4, and 12)? And, if so, which firmware specifically? Thank you.

:)

secmewiz, Jul 29, 2018
  2. wpfan86 Win User

Lumia 650 and AT&T: LTE or no?

Hello community!

Now that the 650 is on sale in US Microsoft Stores, I was all ready to pull the trigger...until I looked at the specs again. I notice Microsoft's webpage for the Lumia 650 does not list Band 17 / 700MHz frequency, which is AT&T's most widely used LTE band.
    Does a Lumia 650 purchased at a US Microsoft Store support Band 17 / 700MHz or not? If I purchase this phone will I have
    FULL LTE coverage on AT&T or not?

I have posed this question on a number of other forums with no one having a clear answer. I put the question to a MS rep in an online chat who insisted it would have LTE coverage on AT&T, but could not explain why Band 17 / 700MHz was not listed in the specs.
    Does anyone here have an answer?

Thanks in advance!

wpfan86, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Terrigno Win User
    Purchased an Unlocked Lumia 650 to use on AT&T in the US

Hello everyone. I purchased an Unlocked Lumia 650 from the UK to use with my AT&T sim card in the US. Everything works but the network is only on Edge. I knew the phone wouldn't get the LTE bands because it doesn't support AT&Ts bands. But it does have
    a 3G band that AT&T uses. I was wondering if its possible to at least have it run on 3G since Edge is really slow? Can anyone help out? Thank you so much!

Terrigno, Jul 29, 2018
  4. trx9805 Win User

unlocked ATT Lumia 820, no T-Mobile signal

Hello,

I just got my Lumia 820 ATT unlocked, I got the 20 digits unlock code from ATT customer service. I unlocked the phone and inserted a T-Mobile SIM card. What I found out is that, most of the time, I get "no service" in many areaes including my home. I know
    from others that T-Mobile signal is very strong in our area.

I know the phone is unlocked because I get signal and can make calls in some areas.

I talked to the guys at T-Mobile and one guy said that an unlocked ATT phone will not work for all bands for other carrier's network and that there is no fix for that.

Anyone experience the same? Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

trx9805, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Any way to "unlock" T-Mobile US bands: B2, B4, and B12 for Lumia 650? - Similar Threads - unlock Mobile bands

2. Dual Band Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual Band Mobile Hotspot: Hi everyone, I was just wondering if it was possible to share an ethernet connection through both the 2.4 and 5Ghz bands. My wireless adapter has support for dual-band and has two antennas. The reason for this is because I live in an area with a lot, and I mean A LOT of...
  3. Lumia 650 stuck on exclamation mark

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lumia 650 stuck on exclamation mark: Everutime I turn on my lumia 650 the phone will display the Microsoft logo and then it will display a exclamation mark symbol and then it will turn off and back on and repeat the Microsoft logo and then the exclamation mark again and then this will repeat over and over....
  4. Lumia 650 stuck on explanation mark

Lumia 650 stuck on explanation mark: Everytime I turn my phone on the phone will display the Microsoft logo and then a big exclamation mark symbol and then turn itself off and back on again and this repeats itself over and over....
  5. Lumia 650 black screen.

Lumia 650 black screen.: I have a microsoft lumia 650 and I habe taken it to a repair shop and they replaced the screen in the repair shop and when I went back to get my "repaired" phone he put the phone on charge but the phone didnt come on straightvaway but after waiting a while tye screen came on...
  6. weather app not refreshing. lumia 650

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weather app not refreshing. lumia 650: the weather app on my Lumia 650 will not refresh. I've factory reset my phone but it is still the same. My software is up to date. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-app-not-refreshing-lumia-650/7890edfe-9189-4cc8-aaef-c732579f6be7
  7. Lumia 650 not connecting dash cam WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lumia 650 not connecting dash cam WiFi: hi, my Lumia 650 keeps saying "can't connect to this network" when I try to connect the dash cam WiFi. The cam is Blackvue 590w 2ch. Can anyone help me? Thanks...
  8. PIN access on Lumia 650

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN access on Lumia 650: Hello. If I create a pin to control access to my Lumia 650 (Windows 10) will it automatically replace the account password on my other synchronised devices and apps? And if so, is 4 digit PIN safer than a strong password? I should add that the phone doesn't support Windows...
  9. New firmware update for Lumia 550/650 - 01078.00037.16082.410xx

in Windows 10 News
    New firmware update for Lumia 550/650 - 01078.00037.16082.410xx: New firmware update for Lumia 550/650: 01078.00037.16082.410xx Hey all, we have started rolling out a new firmware update for Lumia 550/650: 01078.00037.16082.410xx. Key improvements in this release include: •Stability and quality improvements. The availability...
  10. AT&T has released Windows 10 Mobile for Lumia 1520

in Windows 10 News
    AT&T has released Windows 10 Mobile for Lumia 1520: Update summary Effective June 23, 2016, Microsoft and AT&T released a new Windows 10 update for the Nokia Lumia 1520. To download the update, you must download and install the Windows 10 Upgrade Advisor app from the Windows app store. The update will be available for...