Windows 10: Any way to use themes/window decorations from Server 2016 preview?

Discus and support Any way to use themes/window decorations from Server 2016 preview? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I noticed in screenshots that Server 2016 has different window decorations compared to Windows 10. Do aero.msstyles and aerolite.msstyles define... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by r00tb33r, May 7, 2016.

1. r00tb33r Win User

Any way to use themes/window decorations from Server 2016 preview?

I noticed in screenshots that Server 2016 has different window decorations compared to Windows 10.

Do aero.msstyles and aerolite.msstyles define window decoration style? I noticed these files have a different size in Server 2016 preview compared to Windows 10.

If these files do contain a different style, any way to use them on Windows 10?

:)

r00tb33r, May 7, 2016

2. EdgeHtml on Internet Explorer

Windows Server 2016 RTM does not seem to have a way to enable Edge, even with Desktop Experience enabled, although edgehtml.dll still exists in System32. There used be ways of using it in Internet Explorer in previous builds of Windows 10 or Windows Server
    2016, like some registry key modification. Is there any way to enable the use of EdgeHtml in Internet Explorer?

Allready asked this on TechNet Forums as well.

Lotusisrael, May 7, 2016
  3. korngear Win User
    animated themes

Like petrib is disagree with flash decorated sitesAny way to use themes/window decorations from Server 2016 preview? ;) I am in this way also against animated icons or wallpapers.

I guess the 3d graphic icons or themes can

low the battery down quickly,

eat much RAM.

But who does not love animeAny way to use themes/window decorations from Server 2016 preview? :)?

I guess later symbians may solve this issue.Any way to use themes/window decorations from Server 2016 preview? ;)

korngear, May 7, 2016
Thema:

Any way to use themes/window decorations from Server 2016 preview?

1. Any way to use themes/window decorations from Server 2016 preview? - Similar Threads - themes window decorations

2. Window server 2016 classic theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window server 2016 classic theme: Hi All,Would like to ask how to get the classic theme for window server 2016? my current selection is as pic below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-server-2016-classic-theme/2342dd7a-723d-40b5-abdf-b7326da8d424
  3. Window server 2016 classic theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window server 2016 classic theme: Hi All,Would like to ask how to get the classic theme for window server 2016? my current selection is as pic below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-server-2016-classic-theme/2342dd7a-723d-40b5-abdf-b7326da8d424
  4. How can I preview Themes in the Microsoft store? There doesn't seem to be any way to...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How can I preview Themes in the Microsoft store? There doesn't seem to be any way to...: I'm actually quite shocked that it's been done this badly - on what planet is it acceptable to advertise "themes" for download without giving the user a single chance to see what's actually in it? All there is is a verbal description of the theme, and then a "people also...
  5. Removing windows server essentials experience from Windows Server 2016 server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing windows server essentials experience from Windows Server 2016 server: I have a Windows Server 2016 Standard which was previously a Windows Essentials 2016 running in a HyperV role. Can I safely remove the Windows Server Essentials Experience function without breaking anything? I have the same question for one of my virtual servers which is...
  6. Windows Window Decorations

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Window Decorations: Hey guys. Is there any way to change the windows 10 window border style, like there is on KDE? If there is, 1st or 3rd party, I'd really like to know, because I would love to customize the window borders. submitted by /u/Boinbo [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Server 2016: I've inherited some problems at a new employer related to Windows Server 2016. I know Server 2012 and older pretty well, but not 2016. The problem is that something is killing Admin Control. Admins can still log in, but things that require Admin Elevation or just admin...
  8. Unable to Open any programs using the Start button in Windows server 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Open any programs using the Start button in Windows server 2016: Hello All, I had windows 2012 standard and upgraded to Server 2016 about 4 months ago. This is a Virtual Machine created on ESXI host . All works well when an Administrator logs in via RDP , but when another Administrator Added to Administrator group logs in , the 2nd...
  9. Announcing Exchange Server 2016 Preview!

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Exchange Server 2016 Preview!: We’re excited to announce that Exchange Server 2016 Preview is now available for download. At Ignite, we introduced Exchange Server 2016 and demonstrated some of its capabilities. Now you can install the bits yourself and get hands-on experience with the newest member of the...
  10. New Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 3 Released

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 3 Released: Delivering applications quickly is key to staying competitive in today’s fast-paced business environment. To respond, many organizations are looking for ways to accelerate how they move applications from development into production and continuously improve them to respond to...