Windows 10: Any Workable Fix for Store Not opening

Discus and support Any Workable Fix for Store Not opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried all of the fixes I came across on the form except reinstalling Windows and nothing seems to work. I've tried the powershell commands, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jimfof1913, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Any Workable Fix for Store Not opening

I have tried all of the fixes I came across on the form except reinstalling Windows and nothing seems to work. I've tried the powershell commands, the re-registering of Store with no affect. The last time I had this problem I reinstalled an imagine backup that fixed the problem for about a week. I am at 1511 64bit and am up to date.

:)

Jimfof1913, Jul 24, 2016
  2. farby Win User

Workability of Apps In Store

Could you provide more details of the problem ? Which application store and whats the exact issue ?

farby, Jul 24, 2016
  3. Workability of Apps In Store

Does nokia check that apps are working properly before posting them to us the users. For example the Mundu Radio App For S40 devices stays on "Loading" ..please Nokia Answer this question.

Stephenmuroki, Jul 24, 2016
  4. Any Workable Fix for Store Not opening

Hello Jimfof1913,

Try System Restore, go back to a time before the issue started.

May possibly be a compatibly issue with a third-party software driver.

Maybe Malware related.

Try a Clean Boot

Run System File Checker

Take a second look here, make sure you've followed the tutorial as directed.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html
    Also, look through the related tutorials at the bottom of this tutorial.

Hope this helps,
    John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 24, 2016
  5. Have done System Restore but the problem resurfaces within weeks. Have run System File Checker as well as DISM. My anti-virus software hasn't detected any Malware but it could be something fairly new. Will try a clean boot. Have done the https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Jimfof1913, Jul 24, 2016
  6. Please, finish filling out you System Specs in "My profile" We need this information to properly assist you.

You may just need a good cleaning.

What Antivirus program do you have installed?

What Malware program/s do you have installed?

Are you familiar with using specialized Malware cleaning utilities?

Have you looked in Device Manager for Driver issues?

Did you upgrade to Windows 10? If so, how long has it been installed?

Are Windows Updates current?

What Third-Party programs have you installed?

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 24, 2016
  7. What Antivirus program do you have installed?: Norton 360

What Malware program/s do you have installed?: Advance System Care

Are you familiar with using specialized Malware cleaning utilities?: Yes

Did you upgrade to Windows 10? If so, how long has it been installed?: Upgraded from 8.1 3 months after Windows 10 became available

Are Windows Updates current?: Current as of 6:40 pm

Jimfof1913, Jul 25, 2016
  8. Any Workable Fix for Store Not opening

1. Did you try the Clean Boot, yet?
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...conflicts.html

2. Make sure your antivirus is disabled. A third party antivirus may block this app. If this works, you can change the app to be trusted in the AV program's settings.

3. Check firewall settings, you may need to allow this app to run there.

4. If you're still unable to run apps, run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter below.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

5. Try creating a new user account to see if the app will open.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

6. Navigate your File Explorer to the following directory:

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\

Once here, delete the Local Cache folder and try launching the Windows Store again.

Note: You will need to show hidden files, folders, or drivers, to see AppData.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...dows-10-a.html

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 25, 2016
  9. kimkl Win User
    Jim you can forget all the good advice, your getting it won't work, i had this problem for 6 months only solution Clean install i tried resetting store re register store del the store temp files. so you might as well start getting the drivers for your stuff because your at the point i was where nothing worked restore did not work either so as i see it you can keep battling with the store or do a clean or in version install, repair there are some excellent guides on this forum that work well, but all though the nice posters are giving you some advice and help it will do no good i am afraid i tried all of the advices on my little store closing when ever i tried installing an app my stepdads problem is if he tries to open start store or anything involving the new ui features he will get the nasty box that will not go away log out so i would backup my data and reinstall. i know it sux the install is fine it takes me 4 mins on a ssd drive BUT then all my software phew takes days getting back to how i like it. and i hate that even though i disable every ms snooping in my calendar my mails and what ever with every major update it gets defaulted and i have to disable the "spyware" again i am sure someone has come up with a program that will do this "perm" just have not found it yet

kimkl, Jul 25, 2016
  10. I've restored my system twice. Works fine for a few week then it's back to the same old same old. Not to mention having to bring the system back up to date and some third party software over again. These enough users with this problem that I'm hoping Microsoft will find a permanent solution. Thanks for the reply.

Jimfof1913, Jul 25, 2016
  11. Just applied the September Updates and now Windows Store works.

Jimfof1913, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Any Workable Fix for Store Not opening

1. Any Workable Fix for Store Not opening - Similar Threads - Workable Fix Store

2. Microsoft store will not open and neither will any of the apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store will not open and neither will any of the apps: I have checked the previous guides on here and watched many videos, nothing works.I have updated windows.I have tried to reset the store in apps and it just continues with the loading circle and never resets or repairs. I have tried this: Press Windows key + XClick Windows...
  3. I can't open any of the Microsoft store/store apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't open any of the Microsoft store/store apps: This issue started recently when I couldn't open the Xbox app nor open the Xbox game bar. I don't exactly know what happened from there but now I can't open anything from the Microsoft store including the store itself. I've tried almost every troubleshooter and "solution"...
  4. Windows Store Games Corrupted Is There Any Fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store Games Corrupted Is There Any Fix?: Hi, I've installed several games that are linked to my game pass ultimate in the past week. Gears 5, sea of thieves, rage 2, forza horizon 4 and MS flight sim 2020. These were all installed during the past week and have very little if any play time on them. I've gone to...
  5. Can't open Microsoft Store. Can't open any Microsoft Store apps. Can't install any...

Can't open Microsoft Store. Can't open any Microsoft Store apps. Can't install any...: Hi, I am not able to open the Microsoft Store. Can't open any Microsoft Store apps. Can't install any Microsoft Edge Add-ons. I used the wsreset.exe in the run box. It resulted in an error: ms-windows-store: PurgeCaches. The app didn't start. I ran the Store...
  6. Workable or visual space on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Workable or visual space on screen: appearance of 'boxes' or they icons? or folders? at the top of screen, each new opens with fold"or website etc. How do I change it? & where can I learn what the basics of verbiage (to even describe a problem)? Thank You Otter 40...
  7. The Roblox App on Microsoft Store won't open, any fixes?

The Roblox App on Microsoft Store won't open, any fixes?: it crashes upon startup, and yes i know there is a browser variant, but i need the MS variant. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-roblox-app-on-microsoft-store-wont-open-any/83109775-1bcb-47d5-942f-33f9f0e07929"
  8. Windows Store won’t open – fix it

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows Store won’t open – fix it: Last Updated on April 24, 2019The Windows Store wasn’t always around: it was born with the beginnings of Windows 8. It allowed Windows users to download “Metro Apps” – special Windows 8 apps that required a manual installation process. These apps were more akin to the apps...
  9. Battery "Plugged in, not charging" - has a workable fix been found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery "Plugged in, not charging" - has a workable fix been found: I have tried the uninstall drive/auto reinstall etc. Nothing works. It is not the battery or the cord, or the transformer - I replaced them all, and found the problem still exists....
  10. Can't open any windows store apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't open any windows store apps: Hello, I am having trouble with Windows Defender and Update. I am getting error 0x800705b4 for Defender and though I've searched online on how to fix the problem none of them seem to work. Also, my computer won't let me access the update & security portion of my settings....