Windows 10: Anybody EVER got Network diagnostic help to work !!!!!

Discus and support Anybody EVER got Network diagnostic help to work !!!!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi folks This to me seems probably the MOST USELESS piece of software I´ve ever encountered when using Windows and I´ve seen a real load of "Bovine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Aug 12, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Anybody EVER got Network diagnostic help to work !!!!!

Hi folks

This to me seems probably the MOST USELESS piece of software I´ve ever encountered when using Windows and I´ve seen a real load of "Bovine Scatology" in my time!!!

When you can´t connect to a network Windows offers to help but IT NEVER FINDS ANYTHING at least in my experience.

After a machine windows update I invariably get at least one windows machine that can´t connect.

Anybody EVER got Network diagnostic help to work !!!!! [​IMG]

Sometimes a rediculous shutdown of the entire network plus a router reboot is the only way to fix it !!! IMO not the best solution.

I just cant understand why Windows networking seems to get random problems when other systems such as Linux, MAC, Android tablets, Android phones etc just work usually straight out of the box.

Cheers
    Jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 12, 2017
  2. peterh338 Win User

Anybody got the Nokia IPSEC VPN to work?

I am about to have a go at this.

It's quite weird how Nokia implemented it. You start here

https://expertcentre.nokia.com/en/articles/kbarticles/Pages/Nokia-VPN-resource-hub.aspx

There is no user interface at all in the phone. You install their VPN app from the store. For the 808, this app is "not available" so one has to "obtain it via the usual means" (what a waste of time). Then you have to download a VPN config app for the PC, which
    is about 50MB and downloads incredibly slowly (2-3 hours). Then you download a .vpn template and edit that. Then you transfer that to the phone.

I am using a Draytek 2955 router which definitely supports IPSEC but getting that to work was an absolute b*astard, and I got it working only between two of these routers (site-site VPN) and by strictly following a Draytek app note.

There used to be a Nokia employee here who helped somebody to get it working but he is now showing as retired.

peterh338, Aug 12, 2017
  3. peterh338 Win User
    Anybody got the Nokia IPSEC VPN to work?

I've posted more detail here

http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.php?topic=92784.new#new

No, it doesn't work at all, so far.

It is as if the phone is not sending out any data when the VPN is enabled, but I am waiting for a confirmation on that from somebody looking at the VPN router logs.

peterh338, Aug 12, 2017
Thema:

Anybody EVER got Network diagnostic help to work !!!!!

1. Anybody EVER got Network diagnostic help to work !!!!! - Similar Threads - Anybody EVER got

2. Windows Network Diagnostics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Network Diagnostics: Windows Network Diagnostics pops up randomly and then displays that it couldn't find the problem, even though there never was one to begin with. Is there a way for me to un-install or disable this from happening? it forces me to tab out of whatever program I'm in and its very...
  3. Windows Network Diagnostics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Network Diagnostics: Windows Network Diagnostics pops up randomly and then displays that it couldn't find the problem, even though there never was one to begin with. Is there a way for me to un-install or disable this from happening? it forces me to tab out of whatever program I'm in and its very...
  4. Windows Network Diagnostics

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Anyone ever got this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone ever got this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Resk69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lubu9t/anyone_ever_got_this/
  6. Has anyone EVER got network sharing using username/password to actually work ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Has anyone EVER got network sharing using username/password to actually work ?: Every single time there is a new insider build it resets network sharing to want username and password. Every single time I give it the benefit of the doubt, enter me CORRECT username and password and get told it is incorrect. Every single time I then go through the...
  7. Host W10 - VMWARE - Networking - anybody got it to work

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Host W10 - VMWARE - Networking - anybody got it to work: Hi there installing VMWARE workstation on W10 HOST machine -- (VMware workstation version 10). NAT and Bridged adapters don't work - anybody else had any luck (or with VMware player). (W10 x-64 Enterprise version). Cheers jimbo 2380
  8. Help with diagnostics or...

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with diagnostics or...: Newbie to W10. Do not know how to explain in detail. A screen pop up a few days ago instructing me to call a number that my computer was corrupted. A few minutes later it crashed. All that happened after rebooting was 'your PC need repair. Install recovery' or something...
  9. Anybody ever seen this before in Reliability History?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anybody ever seen this before in Reliability History?: Just saw this this morning. System has been running fine [img] 91944
  10. Vmware - anybody got W10 to install and work properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Vmware - anybody got W10 to install and work properly: Hi there I see a load of posts about people running W10 as a VM -- I'm curious to know if it's running OK, whether they can install VMware tools (or vbox additions if they are using vbox) and what version of VMware / vbox are they using. I can't get VMware tools to...