Windows 10: Anybody experiencing sudden loss of apps Win10 Build 10162

Discus and support Anybody experiencing sudden loss of apps Win10 Build 10162 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Over the weekend everything was fine until I turned on my Microsoft Surface first thing this morning and the menu list on the left has vanished...? The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mel Jones, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Mel Jones Win User

Anybody experiencing sudden loss of apps Win10 Build 10162

Over the weekend everything was fine until I turned on my Microsoft Surface first thing this morning and the menu list on the left has vanished...? The apps are not working and it's asking me to reinstall them all but when I do it doesn't work...? I would take a guess that they're corrupt for some bizarre reason. I'm not sure if this is only related to Microsoft Surface or has anybody else experienced the same problem. I'm not bothering with 10163 as it's very buggy so I will wait until 10164 or 10165 whatever the next number will be...? *Sad

Please see below attached image...

Anybody experiencing sudden loss of apps Win10 Build 10162 [​IMG]

:)

Mel Jones, Jul 5, 2015
  2. WakkoLoco Win User

Critical Error on build 10162

Anybody experience the critical error on shell when installing build 10162 ?

And also anybody knows if this can be fixed with a new build or something?

WakkoLoco, Jul 5, 2015
  3. Hugo-360 Win User
    I want a link download windows 10 Pro RTM insider preview but I can"t see

I Can"t download win10 build 10240 from win10 10162 through windows updates

Hugo-360, Jul 5, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Not me, I still have them.

Gary, Jul 5, 2015
  5. Saltgrass Win User
    I had the menu items disappear on one install after I had messed around with whether to show recent items or not. It did not come back until the next update.

I have not had the Apps stop working as you show.

Saltgrass, Jul 5, 2015
  6. batlhilz Win User
    something to do with the apps store?

batlhilz, Jul 5, 2015
  7. Mel Jones Win User
    Many thanks for the impute guys...

Indeed it was... For some bizarre reason all the 29 downloads that should have installed actually corrupted all 29 apps which was the cause of the problem. So I had to go into Windows PowerShell and I managed to reinstate all the apps and now they are all working again...

It was a corruption with Microsoft Store that caused the problem. Windows PowerShell is so underrated. I don't know why Microsoft hide it away when it is such a powerful and very useful tool... well I say that, if you know what you are doing then it's a walk in the park, speaking metaphorically that is.

All back up and running again... There is still a lot of bugs to contend with and a lot of polishing and fixes to contend with and we are still a long way off from July 29 yet.

10163 I would stay away from this at the moment because there are a lot of reports of issues... I would guess there is another build in the pipeline already either 10164 or 10165 or it may jump to 10166.

Mel Jones, Jul 5, 2015
  8. illuzn Win User

Hi Mel,

What were the powershell commands that you run? I have got the same problem and google led me to you as the first result.

Thanks.

illuzn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Anybody experiencing sudden loss of apps Win10 Build 10162 - Similar Threads - Anybody experiencing sudden

2. Anyone else experiencing huge loss of performance after build 22621.1413?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone else experiencing huge loss of performance after build 22621.1413?: Hello !Yesterday when I went to sleep and i power down my PC it installed new build 22621.1413 on 22H2. When i boot my PC everything seems laggy sound, opening folders etc etc, also i see massive performance loss.Anyone else who encountered the same problem and fixed it by...
  3. Anyone else experiencing huge loss of performance after build 22621.1413?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone else experiencing huge loss of performance after build 22621.1413?: Hello !Yesterday when I went to sleep and i power down my PC it installed new build 22621.1413 on 22H2. When i boot my PC everything seems laggy sound, opening folders etc etc, also i see massive performance loss.Anyone else who encountered the same problem and fixed it by...
  4. Anyone else experiencing sudden and rapid internet loss?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else experiencing sudden and rapid internet loss?: I'm suspecting some recent update caused this? I would be working on my computer, minding my own business, when suddenly my internet just stops working. No error message, just a blank screen with a spinning loading circle that hangs. Sometimes, after a LONG wait, it finally...
  5. Build 10162 and Dark Theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Build 10162 and Dark Theme: I added the 32bit DWORD, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize SystemUsesLightTheme, set to 0 and rebooted without success. Any ideas what I missed or is this feature no longer works? Thanks 7757
  6. Build 10162 will not update to 10166

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Build 10162 will not update to 10166: I had the same problem with build 10130 not updating to 10162. I had to upgrade with the preview iso. Running it in Oracle VM VirtualBox What is going on? 8035
  7. build 10162

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    build 10162: Where can I get this build from? I am on the fast ring; and i checked wu; but the update is not there for some reason. So where can i get it from(where its a official release?) 7802
  8. No update to 10240 on build 10162

No update to 10240 on build 10162: Hey guys, I've just installed Windows 10 build 10162 in my computer. I got the iso file from a torrenting site because Microsoft removed all the isos from the technical preview page, and I was late. I installed the iso in my pc, and then I checked for updates. No Windows...
  9. Build 10162 download stuck at 0%

Build 10162 download stuck at 0%: Title says it all, have not had issues with any previous builds; anyone else run into this or have a fix? 7760
  10. Windows 10 build 10162 Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 build 10162 Released: UPDATE: July 6th 2015 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date We have one more surprise for you this week – Build 10162, releasing to the Fast ring. We’re at the point in the development of Windows 10 where nearly...