Windows 10: Anybody use Cast to Xbox via Windows 10?

Discus and support Anybody use Cast to Xbox via Windows 10? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just a quick question really. It's been working flawlessly for about three or four months the cast to device via Windows 10. For some reason, today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AntJac, Mar 11, 2018.

1. AntJac Win User

Anybody use Cast to Xbox via Windows 10?

Just a quick question really. It's been working flawlessly for about three or four months the cast to device via Windows 10. For some reason, today though although my Xbox was recognised via Windows, whenever I tried to cast a video to it nothing at all would show up. Film and TV never loaded and the playlist viewer thing never showed up either. I removed the device from Windows and rediscovered it fine but it still wouldn't work. I had to reset my entire Xbox in the end and now it's working.

Has anybody else had this before?

:)

AntJac, Mar 11, 2018
  2. Tryggr Win User

Cast to doesn't see Xbox after Creator's Update

Nope, that didn't fix it. When I use any of my Windows 10 devices with the Creators update I can't see either my Xbox One or Xbox One S as an available Cast to device. I can see them just fine with the xbox app and if I go to Devices in Settings.

Can anybody help me out with why I can no longer Cast to my Xboxes?

Tryggr, Mar 11, 2018
  3. Tryggr Win User
    Cast to device from edge not working

I have the same issue, but casting to Xbox One S. If I use Cast to from Movies & TV app it works great. If I try from Edge I don't see any devices at all. I have 2 Xboxes and 2 Windows 10 devices. The behavior is the same with any combination. This worked
    100% before Creators update. I used Cast to from Edge on a daily basis. Obviously something changed recently, based on all the different forum threads. Can anybody shed some light on the issue?

Tryggr, Mar 11, 2018
Thema:

Anybody use Cast to Xbox via Windows 10?

1. Anybody use Cast to Xbox via Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Anybody Cast Xbox

2. casting

in Windows 10 Customization
    casting: cast using chromecast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/casting/5a0359d9-0f48-4516-90c4-f0bf858a885f
  3. Cast to Device Xbox One

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cast to Device Xbox One: Hello, I am trying to play an *.mp4 file using cast to device and my Xbox One actually shuts off. Here is my setup: NAS drive (ethernet cable) to Internet router (ethernet cable) to Xbox one I am using my laptop (WIFI) to control this. Also, xbox video on my...
  4. Casting Photos to TV via Chromecast

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Casting Photos to TV via Chromecast: I have been trying for a long time to figure out how to cast photos from Windows Pictures sub-folders to my TV using Chromecast. I am able to cast other things but not this. When I right-click a photo in a Pictures sub-folder and then click "Cast to Device" I get "Searching"...
  5. Windows 10 no cast function via Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 no cast function via Chrome: Hi All, Looking for some advice. I recently had an issue with a MacBook Air running Windows 10 and had to re-format and perform fresh install of Windows 10 via Bootcamp. The system is all up and running but the only thing that will not work is casting to other devices....
  6. Anybody actually using Windows Pro 10 for Workstations? If so, why?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anybody actually using Windows Pro 10 for Workstations? If so, why?: Is anybody here actually using Pro 10 for Workstations? Did you pay for it? Why are you using it? 117701
  7. Anybody using Office 2019 yet

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Anybody using Office 2019 yet: Hi folks just curious -- anybody using Office 2019 yet. Cheers jimbo 113469
  8. Xbox One Cast to Annoying Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Cast to Annoying Issue: I use the cast to function a lot from my pc to Xbox one and 9 times out of 10 it will work brilliantly but I've noticed if I don't use my Xbox for a period of time at all, cast to will not work. My Xbox is still connected to the internet and works as I watched a YouTube video...
  9. Does anybody use Cast to on Windows 10 on their Xbox?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anybody use Cast to on Windows 10 on their Xbox?: Just curious here. Who uses the cast to option to send videos etc to your Xbox from your PC? If so I was just wondering what icon shows up next to your Xbox One? I used to get the picture of the console but now I'm getting a generic picture with a green play icon. Cast to...
  10. Is anybody using Classic Shell ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is anybody using Classic Shell ?: Was classic shell retained when upgrading to 16299 ? ( 16299 is also called the FALL upgrade.) 95875