Windows 10: Anyone able to get free upgrade after deadlline expired?

Discus and support Anyone able to get free upgrade after deadlline expired? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If you did, please post your local time and your timezone. Upgrade or fresh install? Note that we are talking here only about systems that have not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by x509, Jul 30, 2016.

1. x509 Win User

Anyone able to get free upgrade after deadlline expired?

If you did, please post your local time and your timezone. Upgrade or fresh install?

Note that we are talking here only about systems that have not been previously upgraded to Win 10 and then rolled back to Win 7 or 8.

:)

2. If I change my Windows(to win7 or win8.1) after getting the free upgrade, will I be able to get free subscription again?

Original title: Subscription

If I change my Windows(to win7 or win8.1) after getting the free upgrade, will I be able to get free subscription again?

Md Byzid Asif, Jul 30, 2016
  3. When will the free version of windows 10 expire?

After July 28, 2016 anyone wanting a new copy of Windows 10 will have to buy it. They will no longer be able to upgrade from Windows 7or 8 for free.

Microsoft does not charge for updates.

Microsoft says that Windows 10 is a service and the user will be entitled to free upgrades for the life of the computer (motherboard).

Cbarnhorst, Jul 30, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2016
  5. PPM
    ppm Win User
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Yesterday (Jul 30) with old TechNet W8 key. Installing W10 X64 Pro.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Anyone able to get free upgrade after deadlline expired? - Similar Threads - Anyone able free

2. Anyone able to help with this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone able to help with this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bilal_53 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uliofh/anyone_able_to_help_with_this/
  3. Will you be able to upgrade to Windows 11 for free?

in Windows 10 News
    Will you be able to upgrade to Windows 11 for free?: When Microsoft released Windows 10, it made the decision to offer free upgrades for devices running Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, provided that these devices were activated with a genuine license. A core reason for the free upgrades was Microsoft's 1-billion devices running...
  4. anyone able to help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    anyone able to help: dunno why im saying it here but do anyone know why when i play one of my games (roblox) it says you'll need a new app to play this roblox-player link? i dont really know what to do and would need some help. submitted by /u/oofoofoof333 [link] [comments]...
  5. Free 2015 upgrade to Windows 10 expired?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free 2015 upgrade to Windows 10 expired?: (Unfortunately), I took advantage of the free Windows 10 upgrade in 2015 and it's not been a rewarding relationship, not least because it seemed to offer me less functionality and it turned out to be incompatible with my HP printer! I am now getting constant messages that...
  6. Expiring date after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Expiring date after upgrading to Windows 10: So today I decided to do the free upgrade to Windows 10. But before that I was running on a Windows 10 Insider Preview (clean installation). So everything went normal, it shows that my Windows is activated but when I type in the command menu "slmgr /xpr" it shows me that my...
  7. Still possible to get the free upgrade, after downgrading to Windows7?

in Windows 10 Support
    Still possible to get the free upgrade, after downgrading to Windows7?: Couldn't find a good answer to this one. If someone upgraded from Window 7 to Windows 10 (before July 29 this year) and then reverted back to Windows 7 (also before July 29 this year). Will they still be able to upgrade to Windows 10 again for free, now that the...
  8. Definitive Answer: Is the free upgrade really expired?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Definitive Answer: Is the free upgrade really expired?: @Kari, @simrick, Ok. So there's this "rumor" floating around that the free upgrade has been "extended" by Microsoft. So I did a little experiment on my custom built computer that has never had Windows 10 Home on it before. Here's the results: Clean install of Windows 10...
  9. Anyone been able to upgrade a Lenovo Y530 laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anyone been able to upgrade a Lenovo Y530 laptop?: Every time I try it I get a failure: C1900101-20017 There are no official Windows 8.1 or 10 drivers for this laptop and no BIOS update. Just wondering if anyone else has had success with this laptop. Currently running Windows 7 Home X64 with 4GB ram and 350GB hard...
  10. Is anyone getting an expiration date?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is anyone getting an expiration date?: Basically, I did a clean install of the Technical Preview months ago and eventually upgraded to 10240. I'm not seeing any expiration date of any kind in this build. Did Insiders just get a free copy of Windows 10 after all? 9595