Windows 10: Anyone able to use Mail and Calendar apps?

Discus and support Anyone able to use Mail and Calendar apps? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I haven't been able to successfully use either Mail or Calendar, I've tested with an Office 365 account and a Gmail account. In both instances each app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SmoothLefty21, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Anyone able to use Mail and Calendar apps?

I haven't been able to successfully use either Mail or Calendar, I've tested with an Office 365 account and a Gmail account. In both instances each app sits there for hours after I add the account, no data syncs (Mail says "Still working on it") and I'm not able to click the "New Email" or "New Event" button. The Office 365 mailbox is not large, about 500 MB, and I'm only trying to sync the Gmail calendar (the inbox for the Gmail account is completely empty FWIW).

I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro x64. All Windows Updates have been installed.

:)

SmoothLefty21, Jul 31, 2015
  2. hrkama Win User

Calendar Sync Problems with mail for exchange on e52 software 033.002.216.01

Hello!

I upgraded my Nokia e52 to Software version 033.002.216.01 but now I am unable to sync with my mail for exchange Calendar. Settings are correct (in calendar settings Default mailbox is Mail for Exchange and in Email settings Calendar sync is "Yes") and I
    am still able to sync e-mail, but not calendar items.

Can anyone help me with this issue? Does anyone have the same problem after software upgrade?

hrkama, Jul 31, 2015
  3. hendry01 Win User
    Mail 4 exchange nokia n95

That is correct. I was able to load mail for exchange version 1.3 to my n95 and get it to work on syncing my contact, calendar and mail. But trying to read the mail produce error message. anyone knows a workaround to read the mails?

hendry01, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Alley Cat Win User

Anyone able to use Mail and Calendar apps?

Mail launches for me, but it likes to shut down a lot for no reason. I've gone back to viewing my mail in Chrome or Firefox for now.

Alley Cat, Jul 31, 2015
  5. BrodyBoy Win User
    I've started using them and, so far, have to say I'm very pleased. Calendar's seamless syncing with my iCloud calendar is a very welcome development, as any calendar that can't do that is essentially worthless to me. Beyond that, I like the Calendar layout and responsiveness. I do hope that there's eventually a way to alter some of the appearance parameters, like fonts and colors.

After years of using either Thunderbird or just webmail, I'm glad to see a functional Mail app in Windows again. I'm not ready to give it a final grade....I just set it up yesterday and want to use it for a week or so to see if any issues arise...but so far, so good. Setting up my accounts was easy and I really like the overall layout, which uses the screen space well. (My biggest complaint using Outlook.com is the tiny space allotted for actual message display. And gmail's webmail is just an ugly interface.)

My one issue, at this point, is Mail's default message display font. Everything is shown in Times New Roman (or something similar) and it looks like some kind of rendering error. I've been hunting around in the registry to see if I can find a setting to change the default, but haven't found anything yet.

A google search suggests that many others are unhappy about this as well. I have a suspicion that it's just a bug that's ignoring messages' HTML formatting and, because of the complaints and MS's desire to get people to use their apps, it'll get fixed fairly soon. It's not a deal-breaker, and I'll be staying with these apps to see how their development progresses in the coming months.

BrodyBoy, Aug 2, 2015
  6. The mail and calender app are not syncing for me too. I added my hotmail account but I'm getting nothing, tried deleting them and re-adding but still nothing. Also tried adding a different account and still get the same problem *Huh

RamboMcMutNutts, Aug 3, 2015
  7. lvgandhi Win User
    For me mail and calendar is working. It also shows notification in Action center.

lvgandhi, Aug 4, 2015
  8. Anyone able to use Mail and Calendar apps?

TRy this:
    Apps - Re-register in Windows 8 and 10 - Windows 10 Forums

After it finishes, launch the Store app,
    click on the user icon,
    select downloads
    press check for updates

Press update all

If the Store app is in the list, it will close the Store when it updates itself
    Launch it again and check for updates - just in case some did not complete before the Store closed

Slartybart, Aug 4, 2015
  9. Jairus24 Win User
    Mail and Calendar App is working for me, be sure to update it via Windows Store after upgrading to/clean install Windows 10 because the app that comes with Windows 10 installer is not actually updated.

Jairus24, Aug 4, 2015
  10. tofmin Win User
    Wut? How? Can't find "update" or "install" button. I did a clean install and I don't get any notification.

tofmin, Aug 4, 2015
  11. MickD Win User
    Same here, working with outlook and gmail accounts wonderfully. The calendar notifications is a welcomed feature coming from Win 7.

MickD, Aug 4, 2015
  12. Sooze Win User
    Sadly I can't open the Store either.....

Sooze, Aug 8, 2015
  13. Anyone able to use Mail and Calendar apps?

This might help, reset the Store

Open a Run dialog (Winkey+R)
    type wsReset in the Open: text input box
    Press the [ OK ] button

Anyone able to use Mail and Calendar apps? [​IMG]

Then try launching the Store app

Slartybart, Aug 8, 2015
  14. Sooze Win User
    Thank you for that quick reply, but I have just now tried it (both ways, wsReset and wsreset) but still just get the blue screen with the little whirly circles going round.....

Sooze, Aug 8, 2015
  15. Try this then *Wink

Launch an elevated Command Prompt
    Run these commands:
    • SFC /scanNow
      if the utility reports any integrity errors, post a screen shot.
      Then run the next command
    • Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      if the utility reports any integrity errors, post a screen shot.

Seeing what you see always helps members on this side of your monitor.
    Here's how you can grab a screen shot that shows the issue and attach it to a new post.
    Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

Both command might run for a while (30-60 mins each).

Slartybart, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Anyone able to use Mail and Calendar apps?

1. Anyone able to use Mail and Calendar apps? - Similar Threads - Anyone able Mail

2. Mail/Calendar App !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail/Calendar App !: Although I have reported this before the problem is still there! I have used the Mail/Calendar app for a long time now and think it's great when it's working OK!!! At least once a week I either have to reset it, uninstall and put back or remove my email account and put back....
  3. Mail/Calendar App !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail/Calendar App !: Although I have reported this before the problem is still there! I have used the Mail/Calendar app for a long time now and think it's great when it's working OK!!! At least once a week I either have to reset it, uninstall and put back or remove my email account and put back....
  4. Mail and calendar app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail and calendar app: Hi For the last two weeks notifications have been broken in the mail and calendar app. They only pop up when I open the app - which kind of defeats the purpose of push notifications I guess. Have tested the app on a spare laptop - it does the same thing. Is this a known issue...
  5. Mail and calendar app

Mail and calendar app: Hi For the last two weeks notifications have been broken in the mail and calendar app. They only pop up when I open the app - which kind of defeats the purpose of push notifications I guess. Have tested the app on a spare laptop - it does the same thing. Is this a known issue...
  6. mail and calendar app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    mail and calendar app: I cannot download mail and calendar app from MS Store. I get message there is something wrong, try again, code 0x80070426. Have tried several times over last couple of days with same message....
  7. Mail/Calendar App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Mail/Calendar App: My mail/calendar app have been crashing since yesterday. When I open either, I may see my email or I may see my calendar, but the programs close after a second or two. This morning, I spent a lot of time making certain that updates were current, and now they are, but the...
  8. Mail and calendar App

Mail and calendar App: My mail app will not work. I have tried pretty much everything I can find online to get it working again. Any ideas? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-calendar-app/e50f6c3c-83f0-494e-949c-3977104adf56
  9. Calendar and Mail app

Calendar and Mail app: Mail app stopped working. Hotmail email was fine but linked gmail refused to sync. Could not access "manage accounts" - nothing happened when clicking on account names for either hotmail or gmail. Tried resetting the app as suggested in help but now cant even open the...
  10. Mail & Calendar App

in Browsers and Email
    Mail & Calendar App: By default, M&C app will install an outlook account according to your sign in. I sign into W10 with a non MS account "---@gmail.com" so my default account is listed like this, I can't seem to straighten it out/ delete/change it. Suggestions appreciated. [img] 42744