Windows 10: Anyone been able to upgrade a Lenovo Y530 laptop?

Discus and support Anyone been able to upgrade a Lenovo Y530 laptop? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time I try it I get a failure: C1900101-20017 There are no official Windows 8.1 or 10 drivers for this laptop and no BIOS update. Just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ztruker, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Ztruker Win User

Anyone been able to upgrade a Lenovo Y530 laptop?

Every time I try it I get a failure: C1900101-20017

There are no official Windows 8.1 or 10 drivers for this laptop and no BIOS update.

Just wondering if anyone else has had success with this laptop.

Currently running Windows 7 Home X64 with 4GB ram and 350GB hard drive.

:)

Ztruker, Aug 28, 2015
  2. rstarke Win User

Windows 10 install error 0xc1900101 - 0x20017 Lenovo Y530

Y530 is NOT compatible with Windows 10. It is not on Lenovo's list of compatible notebooks. The Intel WiFi card is not compatible plus there are not recent drivers for some of the components. Do not waste your time with this model. There have been numerous
    posts about this on many websites. Microsoft does not know and Lenovo will not support the Y530.

rstarke, Aug 28, 2015
  3. vtmtnman Win User
    Error when upgrading to Windows 10: 0xC1900101 – 0x20017

Same problem on Lenovo y530 laptop, installs fine until the reboot and then after 10 seconds or so everything shuts down. HELP

vtmtnman, Aug 28, 2015
  4. js1662 Win User

I can't answer your question because I don't own a Y530. However, I got the same error when I upgraded my Samsung RC510 and it turns out that the problem is an incompatible Broadcom wifi card. After removing it, I can upgrade my RC510 to Win 10 without problem. Of course, other problem can also lead to the C1900101-20017 problem too, see this: windows 10 error code C1900101-20017 - Microsoft Community and find the post from SmokeyA. Good luck!

js1662, Aug 28, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    I can't remove the Broadcom WiFi card as it's a laptop. I did uninstall if from Device Manager as I did not see any way to disable it in BIOS.

Ztruker, Aug 29, 2015
  6. Antilope Win User
    I would try disabling the wifi in Device Manager, uninstall the wifi driver, and plug in an Ethernet cable and get the internet running on the Ethernet. Then re-try the upgrade. You may have to replace the wifi card.

Antilope, Aug 29, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    As I said:
    Replacing the WiFi card is a good idea. I'll see wwhat I have, probably a few Nvidia, Intel or even Dell WiFi cards laying around.

Thanks.

Ztruker, Aug 29, 2015
  8. js1662 Win User

I think Lenovo as well as HP put wifi whitelist on their BIOS to prevent you from replacing the wifi card with 3rd party devices. In case your Lenovo model has whitelist, you have to find ways to remove the whitelist by flashing a modified BIOS. Fortunately my Samsung RC510 accept 3rd party wifi card. I have been using an usb wifi dongle for a few weeks before the new card arrived.

js1662, Aug 29, 2015
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Never heard of that before, will have to look into it, thanks.

Ztruker, Aug 29, 2015
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Hmmm, I could just remove the card until the upgrade is done. Maybe I'll try that.

Ztruker, Aug 29, 2015
  11. Antilope Win User
    On a Dell laptop, I replaced the internal wifi card with a USB wifi. Search around and you can get really small USB wifi dongles that dosen't protrude very far.

Antilope, Aug 29, 2015
  12. js1662 Win User
    After you have successfully upgraded the laptop to Win 10, you can try putting the Broadcom wifi card back to the laptop and see if it works or not. Some people have successfully putting back the card and their laptops can boot up without problem. I don't have that luck though for my RC510.

js1662, Aug 29, 2015
  13. rwstarke Win User

The Y530 has an Intel WiFi Link 5100 card. It is not compatible with Windows 10. You can take it out by removing the back panel where the memory is located but you will get the same error. Y530 will not upgrade to Windows 8.1 or 10 according to Lenovo.

The fast ethernet is Broadcom BCM5906M.

rwstarke, Aug 29, 2015
  14. Ztruker Win User
    Ok, thanks. Do you know if the WiFi card can be replaced if it is the cause of the failure?

Ztruker, Aug 30, 2015
  15. rwstarke Win User
    I took the WiFi card out and upgrade would not happen. When I booted from Win 10 dvd, it also failed. There is something else that prevents Win 10 from being installed.

rwstarke, Aug 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Anyone been able to upgrade a Lenovo Y530 laptop? - Similar Threads - Anyone been able

2. Has anyone ever been able to get WOW64 to work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone ever been able to get WOW64 to work?: I have gone through all the steps and nothing.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-anyone-ever-been-able-to-get-wow64-to-work/de162219-e3b2-42c9-828d-273cdfcb663b
  3. lenovo legion y530 running slow it is hdd based

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lenovo legion y530 running slow it is hdd based: legion y530 responding very slow and responding very slowwhen goes to sleep mode display goes black when i press key and action on mouse wakes very slow after 5 mins by continously pressing. and sometimes it doesnt wakes.how do i fix that?how do i increase my laptop...
  4. lenovo legion y530 running slow it is hdd based

lenovo legion y530 running slow it is hdd based: legion y530 responding very slow and responding very slowwhen goes to sleep mode display goes black when i press key and action on mouse wakes very slow after 5 mins by continously pressing. and sometimes it doesnt wakes.how do i fix that?how do i increase my laptop...
  5. Can’t get my Lenovo legion y530 to boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t get my Lenovo legion y530 to boot.: Hello,Basically title. I’ll add a few more details here.When I Opened my computer yesterday windows would not boot. It tried performing automatic repair but it just stayed at “preparing automatic repair” for hours. I got back from work and shut it down. Restarted it and it...
  6. Can’t get my Lenovo legion y530 to boot.

Can’t get my Lenovo legion y530 to boot.: Hello,Basically title. I’ll add a few more details here.When I Opened my computer yesterday windows would not boot. It tried performing automatic repair but it just stayed at “preparing automatic repair” for hours. I got back from work and shut it down. Restarted it and it...
  7. Can’t get my Lenovo legion y530 to boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Can't see bluetooth driver in Device Manager on Lenovo Y530

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't see bluetooth driver in Device Manager on Lenovo Y530: Hi Everyone, I need a little help.As I mentioned in the title, I can't see the bluetooth drivers in the Device Manager, there is no option to turn it on anywhere, and the troubleshooter says, that my laptop is not capable of using bluetooth, but it very much is, since I was...
  9. Problem with keyboard configuration on Lenovo Legion Y530

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with keyboard configuration on Lenovo Legion Y530: At the beggining I thought this was liquid damage because I cleaned my keyboard with alcohol and a cloth.The letter E and FN were not working and noticed while trying to enter my Windows password. But after doing normal troubleshooting by updating drivers, uninstalling and...
  10. Lenovo Legion Y530 loses power when unplugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo Legion Y530 loses power when unplugged: I got this computer for Christmas 2018 and I've had it for almost a year. Last night started having an issue where it would lose power/crash when unplugged. I've tried multiple things to have this done including tearing apart the computer and unplugging the battery and...