Windows 10: anyone done this on windows 10 yet

Discus and support anyone done this on windows 10 yet in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi anyone installed this yet or tried it on windows 10 ​How to run the native Ubuntu desktop on Windows 10 | ZDNet 71963 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tonyb, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Tonyb Win User

anyone done this on windows 10 yet

Tonyb, Dec 8, 2016
  2. AnyOne-10 Win User

Fresh backup shows files and folders that do not exist on the system

Both SFC and DISM finished successfully, but files/folders still show non-existing Previous Versions.

Any other suggestions?

BTW. I have been using Backup using File History since Windows 8.0, but still don't feel comfortable with it.

AnyOne-10, Dec 8, 2016
  3. AnyOne-10 Win User
    Fresh backup shows files and folders that do not exist on the system

Due to a lack of a further response from Microsoft, I tried the following drastic measures:

• Reset the PC and keep my files

This did not solve the problem
    • Reset PC and don't keep my files

This did nit solved the problem
    After further investigation I found out about vssadmin and
    wbadmin
    . With these tools you can cleanup older shadowstorage and backups. But how come this info retained information as old as 2013 about backups after a fresh install of Windows 10 without keeping my files?

It appears there is another source of information about backups: The disk on which the backup is stored. The MediaID.bin file seems to keep information on the files/folders in the backup created.

Solution:

• Deleted the backup folder on my external disk
    • Removing the MediaID.bin
    • Cleaning up shadow copies (vssadmin) and the backup catalog (wbadmin)
    • Creating fresh backup
    Now Backup and Restore (Windows 7) does no longer list old backups in the catalog and versions of files. And the "Previous Versions" tab of files does not show older versions anymore.

AnyOne-10, Dec 8, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Bree, Dec 9, 2016
  5. Tonyb Win User
    that's bash but this is different if you read it the article.

Tonyb, Dec 9, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    Oops, just read it - my bad *Sad

. Well, as I tagged Brink he will no doubt have a look at it (if he hasn't already done so).

Bree, Dec 9, 2016
  7. Tonyb Win User
    yeah seems like it may be interesting to say the least.

Tonyb, Dec 9, 2016
  8. Superfly Win User

Oh, no... Unity is the only drawback of Ubuntu (IMHO) so... nope not for me I'm afraid!

Superfly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. anyone done this on windows 10 yet - Similar Threads - anyone done yet

2. Will Windows crash? Has anyone done this successfully?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Windows crash? Has anyone done this successfully?: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-change-legacy-to-uefi-without-reinstalling-windows-10I wanted to convert from legacy to uefi. My PC repair guy changed it from uefi to legacy while repairing my pc and now I want it to be uefi. Will this work? Or will my Windows crash?...
  3. Windows 10 ? How do I backout an update not yet done

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 ? How do I backout an update not yet done: Windows 10 is trying to run 20H1 update and it simply blue screens my computer. It is downloaded and is ready to run once again. How do I stop it? I have tried running the Win 10 install as a refresh and it gets either the 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 or 0xC1900101 - 0x30017 error -...
  4. Windows 10 ? How do I backout an update not yet done

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 ? How do I backout an update not yet done: Windows 10 is trying to run 20H1 update and it simply blue screens my computer. It is downloaded and is ready to run once again. How do I stop it? I have tried running the Win 10 install as a refresh and it gets either the 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 or 0xC1900101 - 0x30017 error -...
  5. Anyone got windows 10 20H1 update yet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone got windows 10 20H1 update yet?: . submitted by /u/HiThereItsNobody [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/goit57/anyone_got_windows_10_20h1_update_yet/
  6. VM running Windows 10 mobile --anybody done it yet

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VM running Windows 10 mobile --anybody done it yet: Hi there Anybody got a VM running Windows Mobile yet. You can get various VM images running Android but I wonder if it's possible to do Windows 10 Mobile - on a touch laptop or tablet would probably be OK. Vmware latest release of both player and workstation support touch...
  7. Anyone seen threshold 2 yet?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anyone seen threshold 2 yet?: I have had a cumulative update but winver build has stayed at 10240 was that it or not? 29369
  8. Done with testing -- Not yet fit for prime time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Done with testing -- Not yet fit for prime time: Hi there I've tested this now almost every which way -- both as a VM and on a Real machine (several in fact). It's a Good OS but I have 4 Showstoppers and a BIG niggle before I can use this as a main OS. (Note I use a decent LAN with servers so as a single Home machine...
  9. Has anyone done this?

Has anyone done this?: I am having to replace a clapped out HDD on a laptop which had an updated W10 installed.....this for a friend. Have advised her and she has agreed a new SSD will replace it, she is on holiday for another week so can do nothing now, In the meantime have been doing some...
  10. Anyone done a dual boot setup of Windows 8 and 10?

Anyone done a dual boot setup of Windows 8 and 10?: Hi I'm getting there, I've downloaded the .ISO file, I've made 2 images of my C:\ drive (using 2 different backup programs) and I've created a 100 GB partition on my second hard drive labeled Windows 10. Now I'm going to create the install DVD. I'm hoping that...