Windows 10: Anyone else having trouble using Peek to preview the desktop?

Discus and support Anyone else having trouble using Peek to preview the desktop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have it enabled. But sometimes I have to move my mouse to the far right of the taskbar several times before it finally works. It's irritating. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by john262, Oct 12, 2015.

1. john262 Win User

Anyone else having trouble using Peek to preview the desktop?

I have it enabled. But sometimes I have to move my mouse to the far right of the taskbar several times before it finally works. It's irritating. I don't understand why Microsoft didn't at least give us the option to put a Peek button on the taskbar like Windows 7 has.

:)

john262, Oct 12, 2015
  2. Invictuz. Win User

Anyone else having trouble with the MS Mobile site..cant DL anything

gambatte wrote:

, I'd say your login info might be corrupt and delete cookies from IE. Plus, your post replicated here and it is the same Live login. I know it is a pain if you autologin to other sites. But I don't think it is a site issue. I didn't have to delete cookies,
    though, after all those site issues that week. Surprisingly, I've only read an isolated post where a moderator admitted to some "site difficulties".

It seems to work now...while having the difficulty two weeks ago i deleted cookies and still had issue...this time i deleted cookies then went into IE temp folder and cleaned it out.

I use the same passport ID for hotmail, technet, MSDN / Partner, IM and forums...i often run into an issue if i login to one MS site then use the same browser session to move to another MS site..even tho they are all Microsoft sites the credentials have
    trouble following me.

Thanks for the post...i can finally download to my tilt (tho the new iPhone looks hot).

david

Invictuz., Oct 12, 2015
  3. Anyone else having trouble with the MS Mobile site..cant DL anything

Hmmm. I've no problem to DL. Let's try this. This is the EULA and download page to "Green Droplets" theme:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/eula_lymadesign_1033.mspx?ProductID=333

Log off/login to the site and see if you can get to the page and download. Just curious if you have access to another computer to try. Or you might have a different browser installed, e.g. AOL or Firefox. If it is specific to your computer, I'd say your
    login info might be corrupt and delete cookies from IE. Plus, your post replicated here and it is the same Live login. I know it is a pain if you autologin to other sites. But I don't think it is a site issue. I didn't have to delete cookies, though, after
    all those site issues that week. Surprisingly, I've only read an isolated post where a moderator admitted to some "site difficulties".

If this works, and you only want a specific theme, and don't want to delete cookies, let me know which one you want and I can provide the link(s).

Resourceful, Oct 12, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

It takes a second of two for it to take effect on my system. If it doesn't then left click while there also works for me.

Ztruker, Oct 12, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    "Microsoft didn't at least give us the option to put a Peek button on the taskbar like Windows 7 has."

Hi, there is one on mine- a tiny rectangle at the RH end.. is yours missing?
    (Control of Peek is Rt click on taskbar, Properties, Taskbar, and there's a check box on that properties sheet)

My Peek is very quick- and my laptop came with Vista originally...

dalchina, Oct 12, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    Note: This article provides a way to show/hide the button, and even alter its width using 7+ taskbar tweaker (which is compatible with Win 10). I have it on mine, really to add volume control with a scroll wheel when my mouse is over the notification area.

dalchina, Oct 12, 2015
  7. dalchina New Member
Thema:

1. Anyone else having trouble using Peek to preview the desktop? - Similar Threads - Anyone else having

2. anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    anyone else have this issue?: Ran into this problem with Epic games anti cheat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-have-this-issue/b4a20c23-bd2b-48ab-9bed-73004974285d
  3. Setting "Use Peek to preview the desktop..." grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting "Use Peek to preview the desktop..." grayed out: My desktop computer has Windows 10 Pro. It is set up with five accounts: four user accounts and one administrator account. All accounts have access to the same software. One of the user accounts has a problem with Settings > Personalization > Taskbar where the “Use Peek to...
  4. Setting "Use Peek to preview the desktop..." grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting "Use Peek to preview the desktop..." grayed out: My desktop computer has Windows 10 Pro. It is set up with five accounts: four user accounts and one administrator account. All accounts have access to the same software. One of the user accounts has a problem with Settings > Personalization > Taskbar where the “Use Peek to...
  5. Setting "Use Peek to preview the desktop..." grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Anyone else having trouble loading Microsoft Store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Anyone else having trouble loading Microsoft Store?: This is all I get when I try to load Store, no matter how many times I have tried it today and it searches forever and never loads. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-having-trouble-loading-microsoft-store/31eb0e0e-2a9d-4ece-97dc-566af56db76a
  7. taskbar use peek to preview is on but its glithcing :

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar use peek to preview is on but its glithcing :: so taskbar use peek to preview is on but its glithcing : when i hover my mouse on the apps on taskbar it is glitching like the miniscreen is so oglitching...
  8. Anyone else having this issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else having this issue?: Ever since the first 2018 update windows won't update or install any apps from the store I keep getting this code "error 0x80070005" I had to 'manually'' update windows by reinstalling it, please let me know if anyone has a solution submitted by /u/crippling_cancer [link]...
  9. Peek to preview the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Peek to preview the desktop: Have this checked to put at end of taskbar,but it is very small to use.Is there a way to make larger?. In windows7 this was not a problem. I mean this is like 1/16 wide. 27291
  10. Anyone else have this problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else have this problem?: i have windows 10 installed and generally like it. and the only thing holding me back from using edge, is there is no extensions for it. But the problem i have is that it runs fine, but suddenly it will no longer recognize the hard drive, and even startup diagnostics cant fix...