Windows 10: Anyone experiencing this? [Opening photos problem]

Discus and support Anyone experiencing this? [Opening photos problem] in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Most of the times, it takes a lot of time or it gives error while i am trying to normally open a photo.. as you can see here. Sendvid - Instant video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by catalin, Nov 21, 2015.

1. catalin Win User

Anyone experiencing this? [Opening photos problem]

Most of the times, it takes a lot of time or it gives error while i am trying to normally open a photo..
    as you can see here.
    Sendvid - Instant video upload

what to do?

:)

catalin, Nov 21, 2015

2. Anyone else experiencing this?

Just upgraded to 10 earlier, and whenever i'm in file explorer and I right click for any reason it freezes and closes all current open file explorer windows. file explorer also will not launch itself, I have to use shortcuts to folders that I had already
    made while using windows 7.

SMS-BigMac, Nov 21, 2015
  3. tomp1193 Win User
    lumia 1020 camera roll pc

hi, ive just bought a lumia 1020. when i connect it to the pc and open up camera roll only every second photo has a thumbnail of the actual photo. the rest dont have a thumbnail. has anyone else experienced this ? i did not have this problem with the

tomp1193, Nov 21, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Do you usually open and close the app like that?
    The App is probably getting 'Hung'

Here's a set of Reg tweaks that will probably remedy that, if you are comfortable making modifications to the Windows Registry.
    Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop] "AutoEndTasks"="1" "HungAppTimeout"="1000" "MenuShowDelay"="400" "WaitToKillAppTimeout"="2000" "LowLevelHooksTimeout"="1000" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control] "WaitToKillServiceTimeout"="2000"[/quote] Copy the code into notepad and save it as a .reg file then run it, restart Explorer.

Do the same with this to undo the previous,(reset to defaults):

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop] "AutoEndTasks"=- "HungAppTimeout"=- "MenuShowDelay"="400" "WaitToKillAppTimeout"=- "LowLevelHooksTimeout"=- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control] "WaitToKillServiceTimeout"="5000"[/quote]

Edwin, Nov 21, 2015
  5. catalin Win User
    I usually don't do that because it barely even starts the first time, but when i recorded, it decided to work, so i had to show you what i was experiencing.
    Seems to be working better with your code, thanks.

catalin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Anyone experiencing this? [Opening photos problem] - Similar Threads - Anyone experiencing Opening

2. Photo opening problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo opening problem: A few days ago I received a file system error message: C-2147219196 when trying to open a photo. I have tried twice to correct this based on info I have read on here but the problem still exists. Can you help me?...
  3. Anyone experiencing this problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone experiencing this problem?: Anyone else experiencing slowdowns when closing the Windows 10 Task Manager? It takes time to close build 19045.3086. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-experiencing-this-problem/fc203f61-a423-47aa-82d1-ebc11e4bf8e7
  4. Anyone experiencing this problem?

Anyone experiencing this problem?: Anyone else experiencing slowdowns when closing the Windows 10 Task Manager? It takes time to close build 19045.3086. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-experiencing-this-problem/fc203f61-a423-47aa-82d1-ebc11e4bf8e7
  5. Anyone experiencing this problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone else experiencing this issue?: Anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone knows why my system has found corrupted files with sfc/ scannow on a fresh install? : r/Windows11 reddit.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-experiencing-this-issue/e88a0816-8426-4358-a3a0-15db14feded0
  7. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Anyone else experiencing this issue?: Anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone knows why my system has found corrupted files with sfc/ scannow on a fresh install? : r/Windows11 reddit.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-experiencing-this-issue/e88a0816-8426-4358-a3a0-15db14feded0
  8. Problem opening Photos

Problem opening Photos: I cannot open pictures. This started suddenly a couple days ago. I have literally spent hours with microsoft technicians and they all say "this will fix it" but so far, nothing. I can copy a picture and paste it to Word and it looks fine. [Original Title: Photos]...
  9. Has anyone else experienced a bug in Microsoft Photos 2020.20070.10002.0

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has anyone else experienced a bug in Microsoft Photos 2020.20070.10002.0: I have folders full of photos from my game cameras. When I open a photo with Photos, there is no forward/back arrows, page up/down dont work. Sometimes it eventually starts working. Anyone else seeing this? Could it be because I have search indexer turned off? submitted by...
  10. Anyone experiencing the same problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone experiencing the same problem?: submitted by /u/TheKronorium98 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/falvi5/anyone_experiencing_the_same_problem/