Windows 10: Anyone familiar with wifi direct before i lose my mind?

Discus and support Anyone familiar with wifi direct before i lose my mind? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i have an affinity for learning things the hard way. I kept trying to enable projecting to this pc anywhere on secure networks and every time i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by klepp0906, Jun 16, 2018.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Anyone familiar with wifi direct before i lose my mind?

So i have an affinity for learning things the hard way.

I kept trying to enable projecting to this pc anywhere on secure networks and every time i did in the past, it seems to pick up my neighbors pc.

In the past I had a restore ready to rollback and get rid of it. (it appears in my right click cast to device context menu). This time I do not. If i toggle off wifi it disappears, along with the other 5 devices which actually ARE mine.

So my question is a 2 parter...

1) how do I get rid of that abomination of a device showing in my context menu? I checked my router and its not showing up as a connected device so im at a loss.

2) how does one allow devices they own/in their network to cast to their pc without picking up neighboring devices?

Man the range is impressive, ill give it that ><

:)

klepp0906, Jun 16, 2018
  2. Kofoed Win User

Hostednetwork for wifi-direct

Hey'a all.

Quick question for you all!
    I am familiar with using the netsh command in CMD to create a hotspot using the hostednetwork, however since my network adapter support wifi-direct I am considering using wifi direct which is supposed to be faster.
    My problem is, I can't seem to find a similar command line or tutorial on how to enable the widi adapter (it is visible in the device manager, but shown as "not connected")

Thanks in advanced!

Kofoed, Jun 17, 2018
  3. Elbuort Win User
    Hostednetwork for wifi-direct

Hi, really hoping we can find an answer to your question...

In my case, I too have enabled a hosted network using the netsh commands, but my android devices are unable to connect to it...always giving an "authentication error"...the password entered is definitely correct however. I have successfully used Connectify on the computer and connected my devices to it, BUT I am looking for a native solution because this desktop I am using is quite a dinosaur and the Connectify services and interface severely tax my system resources.

The reason I am zeroing in on Wifi Direct functions like you are is because Connectify includes an option for "Prefer Wifi Direct" for connections....enabling THAT option is the only way for my devices to use my Connectify hotspot. Again though, I would like to stop relying on Connectify and instead enable this functionality via the Command Line

Actually Kofoed, I suggest you try Connectify, it may just be the answer you are looking for, but for me, I'm hoping for guidance on controlling/enabling Wifi Direct via netsh commands and the like, in conjunction with the hosted network functionality.

Thanks

Elbuort, Jun 17, 2018
  4. Maban Win User

WiFi Direct on a airplane?

I don't want WiFi; I want WiFi Direct so I can use my Shield Controller with my Shield Tablet. The flights I'm going on don't even offer WiFi.

Maban, Jun 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Anyone familiar with wifi direct before i lose my mind? - Similar Threads - Anyone familiar wifi

2. Losing my mind right now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Losing my mind right now: The issueI'm trying to change the notification sound, but when I use Powershell to test the notification sound, THERE IS NO AUDIO.What I've triedWIT1: Editing the custom audioWIT2: Using a WAV formatWIT3: Putting the audio file in the OS directoryThe roadblocks that will...
  3. Losing my mind right now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Losing my mind right now: The issueI'm trying to change the notification sound, but when I use Powershell to test the notification sound, THERE IS NO AUDIO.What I've triedWIT1: Editing the custom audioWIT2: Using a WAV formatWIT3: Putting the audio file in the OS directoryThe roadblocks that will...
  4. Losing my mind right now

5. Losing my mind right now

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Losing my mind right now

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Is anyone familiar with this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is anyone familiar with this issue: One of the customers I work with submitted a ticket, and to be honest I was not familiar with this issue at all. Basically, while the customer was logged in, a pop-up came on the screen and it was a pop-up of the log-in screen that you see when you initially log in to Windows...
  8. Is anyone familiar with this issue

Is anyone familiar with this issue: One of the customers I work with submitted a ticket, and to be honest I was not familiar with this issue at all. Basically, while the customer was logged in, a pop-up came on the screen and it was a pop-up of the log-in screen that you see when you initially log in to Windows...
  9. Is anyone familiar with this issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. I can’t create files please help me before I lose my mind

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can’t create files please help me before I lose my mind: Sony Vegas And JoyToKey Won’t let me save/create files submitted by /u/SSJSageMode [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gynoqs/i_cant_create_files_please_help_me_before_i_lose/