Windows 10: Anyone get DisabledHotkeys to work?

Discus and support Anyone get DisabledHotkeys to work? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; One is supposed to be able to disable specific Windows hot keys via a registry edit by adding a REG_EXPAND_SZ entry called DisabledHotkeys in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zdub, Jul 25, 2016.

1. zdub Win User

Anyone get DisabledHotkeys to work?

One is supposed to be able to disable specific Windows hot keys via a registry edit by adding a REG_EXPAND_SZ entry called DisabledHotkeys in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

and then entering whatever keys you want to disable. (E.g., adding 12Z would disable Win-1, Win-2, Win-Z).

For Windows 7 x64, I used Win-Z (which is not an assigned hot key to begin with) to call up my most important utility, Search Everything (voidtools.com). However, I can't seem to get it working under Windows 10 x64.

I know some folks use AutoHotkey, but I'd rather not.

For now I'm using Shift-Win-Z.

Anyone try this?

:)

2. How to disable WIN+TAB hotkeys?

Hello guys, I want to know how can i disabled WIN+TAB combinations, i tried by regedit creating DisabledHotkeys key but it didn´t work! Please some help with this. Thanks.

LuisAcosta10, Jul 25, 2016
  3. Disable WIN + F Hotkey

I google “DisabledHotkeys”,but it doesn't work for x64 system.

WIN + R

reg.exe add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced /v DisabledHotkeys /t REG_SZ /d F /f

Restart

It doesn't work for x64 system.

I even try

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

Anyone get DisabledHotkeys  to work? [​IMG]

TassdarZeratul, Jul 25, 2016
  4. Anyone get DisabledHotkeys to work?

Just to mention, i have the same problem can't get it to work.
    I did read somewhere that it has to do with the win10 updates that has been, you need to change the policy-csp-windowsinkworkspace.
    I haven't tried it yet though.

If anyone have a solution to this annoying problem (wish i could be a linux user at this point) please let us know.
    A year has passed by and Microsoft refuses to let people adjust to their own ways.

SilverFang, Jul 27, 2017
  5. Spall Win User
    Out of curiosity, may I ask why you prefer not to use AHK?

I ask because I've been using it forever to solve a variety of problems, and was wondering if there's a compelling reason why someone would be averse to it.

Spall, Jul 27, 2017
  6. Because, it's annoying to need install a third party app just because of this simple thing?
    I think i already gave the reason, i wish to have my own settings and to have Microsoft strangle our options is disgusting?

At this point i need two third party apps because of bullshit limitations of Microsoft, both AutoHotkey (for this shit) and MouseXControl which disables my side buttons on my mouse (mouse 4-5) so for example when i talk in Discord/Teamspeak/Ventrilo with my mousebutton 5 as hotkey-to-talk my chrome doesn't swap sites when i press it or when i watch a movie it wont fast forward every 10 seconds... it's all depending on which app i use but in almost every app i can't disable the mouse hotkeys.

So again, the reason (I don't understand why i need to have a reason for not wanting third party apps, even if they are 'legit') is because i don't think we should have to depend on frickin' third party apps to change simple things like these... I think it's outrageous that we have to go to these depths to get it to work.

SilverFang, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Anyone get DisabledHotkeys to work?

1. Anyone get DisabledHotkeys to work? - Similar Threads - Anyone DisabledHotkeys

2. can anyone help me what is causing this? This is my first time with this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can anyone help me what is causing this? This is my first time with this issue: 031924-21796-01.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-help-me-what-is-causing-this-this-is-my/a4529ac1-2daa-4410-bb3d-7f9c777149ec
  3. can anyone help me what is causing this? This is my first time with this issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can anyone help me what is causing this? This is my first time with this issue: 031924-21796-01.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-help-me-what-is-causing-this-this-is-my/a4529ac1-2daa-4410-bb3d-7f9c777149ec
  4. Fed up with Windows slowing my PC down can anyone please recommend any other OS system that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fed up with Windows slowing my PC down can anyone please recommend any other OS system that...: Windows 10 Fixing Microsoft's Problems Please don't respond by giving me a solution to speed up Windows been there done that Really trying to find another OS to replace Windows...
  5. Fed up with Windows slowing my PC down can anyone please recommend any other OS system that...

Fed up with Windows slowing my PC down can anyone please recommend any other OS system that...: Windows 10 Fixing Microsoft's Problems Please don't respond by giving me a solution to speed up Windows been there done that Really trying to find another OS to replace Windows...
  6. Fed up with Windows slowing my PC down can anyone please recommend any other OS system that...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Has anyone received emails related to Single-Use Code to access their account without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone received emails related to Single-Use Code to access their account without...: Hello!A few days ago I was receiving emails about single-use code to access my account without asking for it. I receive these emails two and three times a day. Emails are sent from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I would like to know if it has happened to anyone...
  8. Has anyone received emails related to Single-Use Code to access their account without...

Has anyone received emails related to Single-Use Code to access their account without...: Hello!A few days ago I was receiving emails about single-use code to access my account without asking for it. I receive these emails two and three times a day. Emails are sent from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I would like to know if it has happened to anyone...
  9. Anyone know what the point of using the setup tool to create a USB stick when setup then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone know what the point of using the setup tool to create a USB stick when setup then...: So I ran the windows setup tool which asked me to make a data stick ran the setup programme from there which said it needed to make a few updates from online and it's now busy downloading 8GIGABYTES and still going via peculiarly my onedrive which I don't understand but what...
  10. Anyone know what the point of using the setup tool to create a USB stick when setup then...

Anyone know what the point of using the setup tool to create a USB stick when setup then...: So I ran the windows setup tool which asked me to make a data stick ran the setup programme from there which said it needed to make a few updates from online and it's now busy downloading 8GIGABYTES and still going via peculiarly my onedrive which I don't understand but what...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disabledhotkeys list

2. DisabledHotkeys

3. DisabledHotkeys not work

4. disabledhotkeys reg tab