Windows 10: Anyone have a Kindle or use Kindle App in Windows 10?

Discus and support Anyone have a Kindle or use Kindle App in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As mentioned, I have a Kindle App on my Windows 10 tablet. I just bought and received my first book for the Kindle App. Right now, I have no idea if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by milford, Apr 18, 2016.

1. milford Win User

Anyone have a Kindle or use Kindle App in Windows 10?

As mentioned, I have a Kindle App on my Windows 10 tablet. I just bought and received my first book for the Kindle App. Right now, I have no idea if its on my tablet or in the Cloud. If I have it, is there any way to back it up to a flash drive so I don't loose it? I do have a habit of messing with the tablet and ending up using a earlier restore point or repairing Windows 10.

p.s. Anyway to print a page or two from a Kindle book?

:)

milford, Apr 18, 2016

2. How to activate or access the dictionary in the Windows 10 Kindle App?

Original Title: Windows 10 Kindle App

Hi,

Does anyone know how to activate or access the dictionary in the Windows 10 Kindle App? I was used to work with it on an Android Tablet by holding the finger on a word, but this does not work for the Windows 10 Tablet and W10 Kindle App.

Do I need to download or activate anything first to have this functionality?

I hope this functionality is also available for the W10 Kindle App.........?

Thanks for your help!

Scubalibre63, Apr 18, 2016
  3. Kindle download problem in Windows 10

I know that this enquiry should be directed to Kindle but I have been totally misinformed by them on two occasions recently. Firstly I was told that no Kindle app had been developed for Windows 10. Secondly I was informed that it was not possible to set
    up a French-English dictionary for use when reading books in French.

With regard to the first problem a recent posting of mine produced a response from a Community member who had downloaded a Kindle for PC app which worked perfectly well on Windows 10. When I followed up my enquiry with Kindle Support the latest advice I
    received from them was to was to deregister, uninstall, and reinstall Kindle for PC. I did this and Kindle still does not function properly.

Can anyone suggest a way of downloading an authentic Kindle for PC app that functions with Windows 10? There is a website: bestwindows10apps.com which offers a download, but are there any risks attached to this? Or would a download of Kindle for Windows
    8 be an alternative worth trying?

I will pursue the French Dictionary problem once I get Kindle installed.

Many thanks,

Tony Sims

AnthonySims, Apr 18, 2016
  4. Anyone have a Kindle or use Kindle App in Windows 10?

From memory, if it is stored locally on the tablet it has a little tick mark at the bottom right of the cover

you cant (easily) back up from using the app, but everything is stored with Amazon, the only way i know of permanently deleting the book is via the amazon website, you cannot permanently delete from the app

paulsalter, Apr 19, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    I think you are correct. Also if my memory is correct, books not stored locally on the tablet have a little cloud icon.

Amazon keeps a copy of your purchased book in their own "cloud" and you can re-download the book to authorized devices and software as many times as you need to without violating their terms of use agreement. Amazon also allows you to have several different devices the book can be on at the same time - you can run the Kindle app in Windows, a Kindle app on an Android device, and a true Kindle e-reader, all with the same book on it. However, you might have to go into device management on Amazon's website and clear out old devices if, for example, you reload Windows and the Kindle App and it gets detected as a new device.

NavyLCDR, Apr 19, 2016
  6. Meomyo Win User
    The Kindle app is absolutely terrible, if you want an app that manages your books, where you can create categories, export/import books, convert books, enable plugins to suit and a whole host of other options, then Calibre is what you need, it is free but well worth a donation. The only downside of it is it is a tad difficult to get you head round, but it is well worth putting a bit of time into and reading up on various guides.

calibre - E-book management

Meomyo, Apr 19, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    However, Calibre is only for managing e-books that are not protected by DRM and Kindle books purchased from Amazon are DRM protected. There were a lot of posts deleted from this thread since it started.

NavyLCDR, Apr 19, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

I know there are some people who don't agree with DRM and it's limitations. But please remember, when you purchase a book from Amazon for Kindle you are agreeing to the terms and limitations:

Amazon.com Help: Kindle Store Terms of Use

If you don't agree with the terms and conditions of the service, then the answer that we give on this forum is to not click on the "I Agree" button before you subscribe to or use that service.

The normal limit set by Amazon for e-books is that they can be on 6 "Reading Applications" and Supported Devices registered to your account at one time.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Anyone have a Kindle or use Kindle App in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Anyone Kindle Kindle

2. Kindle Desktop App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kindle Desktop App: Will the Kindle Desktop App come back? I can use Kindle in Edge but not on the desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kindle-desktop-app/ee41fbc6-09c2-40b5-96de-f07c519aa6aa
  3. Kindle app download

Kindle app download: tried to download Kindle app after updating and get following message: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll What do I need to do to correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kindle-app-download/cfc7a62f-83ce-489a-9cf5-bc2b8f41bbf9
  4. Kindle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kindle: app does not display page properly with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kindle/0c3c6976-66b0-4500-b05c-4a5f80c7125a
  5. Windows 10 Kindle App - Send to Kindle does not show Windows 10 Kindle app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Kindle App - Send to Kindle does not show Windows 10 Kindle app: Windows 10 Kindle App - Send to Kindle does not show Windows 10 Kindle app as an option and only shows my iPhone as an option. If I go to Amazon website and Kindle Content, the deliver to Kindle on Windows 10 is greyed out....
  6. Kindle for PC App?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Kindle for PC App?: I have had the Kindle for PC app running fine for about a year on my Windows 10 pc. Suddenly, it shut down and now I cannot install the app on my laptop. How can this be rectified?...
  7. Kindle app

Kindle app: Kindle app on windows 10 does not show my recent books. They can be see on my android phone and my kindle device. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kindle-app/74902e82-f96d-40fa-9e85-0a932e95f485
  8. Kindle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Kindle: I've been given a Kindle book. Signed up at Amazon to receive the free Kindle app. Can't find any instructions for how to accept (install) it on my laptop. Where is it supposed to go?...
  9. Microsoft app for kindle

Microsoft app for kindle: I have recipe keeper app on my pc and i want to get it for my kindle. It's not available in amazon . Any way I can get it on my kindle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-app-for-kindle/4820c630-3704-454d-b299-f588f09c51d2
  10. Kindle

Kindle: my kindle won't open on my windows 10. Its a black screen and when I click on the screen it goes away. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_books/kindle/4fd04497-32b4-4464-a060-755c50f76d83