Windows 10: Anyone have this behavior with systray icon display preferences?

Discus and support Anyone have this behavior with systray icon display preferences? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Man it's so annoying. About 3/4 of the time when I reboot Windows forgets that I had turned off the "Always show all icons in the notification area"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Strahan, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Strahan Win User

Anyone have this behavior with systray icon display preferences?

Man it's so annoying. About 3/4 of the time when I reboot Windows forgets that I had turned off the "Always show all icons in the notification area" setting so when the system comes up, I have a crapload of icons hanging out down there and I have to go and turn it back off.

Any ideas why that would keep happening? It's not the end of the world, but it's rather aggravating none the less.

:)

Strahan, Nov 29, 2017

2. Cannot 'close to tray' during scan like in Windows 7

In Win7, i could do a scan, any scan, and while it is running, click the close/'x' at top right, and WD would happily churn away on the scan from the SysTray and removing itself from the taskbar. Double clicking the WD icon in the systray would return
    the window to focus with no problem. In Win10, You start a scan and all you can do is minimize the window, keeping it resident on a crowded taskbar. Is it still possible through settings i haven't found yet or modifying a settings config file to get this
    old behavior back?

AnonymousName, Nov 29, 2017
  3. Missing battery icon Windows 10

Had the same problem, battery icon disappeared from systray with the installation of Windows 10. I powered down and restarted my laptop, battery icon back in systray. Hope this helps.

B. Lawrence II, Nov 29, 2017
  4. Anyone have this behavior with systray icon display preferences?

I haven't experienced that on any of my systems. Have you do any regedits lately? Are you running any third party start menu programs or themeing utilities?

alphanumeric, Nov 29, 2017
Thema:

Anyone have this behavior with systray icon display preferences?

1. Anyone have this behavior with systray icon display preferences? - Similar Threads - Anyone behavior systray

2. Wifi Adapter and Systray Icon Disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Adapter and Systray Icon Disappears: On multiple occasions my Wifi icon in the systray disappears and when I go to Device Manager, there’s a red “X” next to my Intel adapter.I ALREADY KNOW that most of the time this fixes itself with a reboot. If that doesn’t work, I open Device Manager again and uninstall the...
  3. Wifi Adapter and Systray Icon Disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Adapter and Systray Icon Disappears: On multiple occasions my Wifi icon in the systray disappears and when I go to Device Manager, there’s a red “X” next to my Intel adapter.I ALREADY KNOW that most of the time this fixes itself with a reboot. If that doesn’t work, I open Device Manager again and uninstall the...
  4. Is anyone having issues with icons of apps not displaying properly in the start bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is anyone having issues with icons of apps not displaying properly in the start bar?: This doesn't happen every time I open apps and it's not always the same apps. It's the ones that are currently correct. Apps that regularly display just as the generic icon. This stupid system won't let me upload an image of the icon and doesn't have an error message. I tried...
  5. Is anyone having issues with icons of apps not displaying properly in the start bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is anyone having issues with icons of apps not displaying properly in the start bar?: This doesn't happen every time I open apps and it's not always the same apps. It's the ones that are currently correct. Apps that regularly display just as the generic icon. This stupid system won't let me upload an image of the icon and doesn't have an error message. I tried...
  6. SysTray Redundant Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    SysTray Redundant Icons: I get this (attached) when I open the systray using the arrow up. This happens every morning. I then run the mouse cursor over the empty icons and the empty icons disappear. Just wondering why? [img] 174614
  7. Bizzare display behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bizzare display behavior: The following is a typical display problem which started suddenly on my HP 2019 Premium Flagship Probook 450 G6 15.6 Full HD 1920x1080 Business Laptop, Intel 4-Core i7-8565U, Bluetooth, HDMI, Win 10 Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD W/ Hesvap Accessories. I have not had any problems...
  8. Extremely weird behavior with display

Extremely weird behavior with display: I believe this issue started when I started using an external display. However, it now persists even when not using an external display. The issue is only noticeable during certain times. For example, when I use print screen. My screen seems fine, but when I look at the...
  9. Anyone have the 10022 'ugly' icons?

Anyone have the 10022 'ugly' icons?: I know the flat icons introduced in the 10022 build were very unpopular and yeah, the folder icon was terrible. But I liked the unpopular flat recycle bin icon more than the current squared recycle bin. Anyone know where I can get those icons? They were already designed. I...
  10. Connection icon in systray not displaying connections when clicked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connection icon in systray not displaying connections when clicked: My assistant in the other room accidentally unplugged the router and I lost connection. I told her to plug back in. I clicked the correct connection when it appeared, but I did it too soon. From that point on, when I clicked the systray icon, nothing happened...no display of...